Ciro Immobile (7 Viewers)

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
I won't judge on this move until I see what we do on the market. If we buy Osvaldo in the end then this move is going to be nothing but retarded.

But still, if we do get rid of Osvaldo, I'd wait and see who gets his place. It might easily be some winger and in that case, this transfer does make sense simply because we'll have Tevez and Llorente rotating upfront.

Lastly, I'm kinda pissed we're doing this. He showed tons of potential this season and it's sad we're not gonna give him a chance here.
:tup: . We have to sacrifice some of our players if we want improve the quality of the squad . Better him than pogba but surely not for osvaldo/biabiany/cerci. Lets wait and see what beppe does with the money and then judge .

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Juve sold half to Genoa for half of Boakye. then last summer Genoa sold that half for €2.75m to Juve, Juve sold the same half to Torino for €2.75m, so technically Torino were paying Genoa through Juve as intermediary.
proceeds from selling Boakye's half will determine how much we got from Immobile's first half.
That's a bit over-complicated, but I'm trying to treat the players separately.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
From what I am reading, he wants to join Dortmund. There are no guarantees of a starting shirt with Juve. Let's keep in mind that although Ciro has had a great season in Serie A, he is playing at a mid-table club right now that plays a style that is totally different to what Juve play. He has absolutely no competition for a place in Torino, so unless there is an injury or suspension, he was the starter every week.

And if they can get a sizeable profit for a player who barely ever played for Juve, then so be it. Provided that the money is used to get top quality players like Sanchez.

This is very reminiscent of the Giovinco situation from a couple of years ago, where people were ranting and raving about bringing him back, they shouldn't have to pay so much for a player who was their to begin with yada yada yada.

They MUST use these funds towards a top winger though, if that is their plan.
He wants to join Dortmund because we dont want him, there is no chance he would say no to the club he has been part of in his entire short career, and he would live in the same city he is currently living in, if we really wanted him.

You can make all sensible and logical points for why it would be ok to profit on him, but IMO this decision will come back to haunt us. All I can see is this when reading this news:

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Dont even believe we're looking to redeem Osvaldo.
Reliable sources say we are very interested in Morata so he'll most likely end up being 3rd choice CF.
If only there wasnt a buyback clause inserted(supposedly) ,it would be a pretty good move actually.
:agree:He will surely be behind tevez and llorente as 3rd striker . We cant afford him there at 20m nor would he like to be benched . Morata/gabbiadini would be ok i guess since they can also play on the wings.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Both Morata and Gabbiadini are center forwards, they are insanely average as wingforwards.
Yes but they can be played on wings , morata is a quick guy . so more tactical flexibility , with immobile he is stuck behind tevez and llorente . This season if he had him he would have been very useful to us in 3-5-2, next season not sure how much he would even get to play . He is going to dortmund and will be playing as their main striker that itself is a tempting option for him , its dortmund after all.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
We will sell him for something like 20m + add-ons/ bonuses.
That is if we get such an offer which is not far away from their reported offer.
That would be plain stupid. So we get just 10m for such a promising CF? CFs are so expensive these days when we're in the market for one it's always so expensive we can't afford a proper one. Now we're getting ripped off :sergio:

Juventino[RUS];4540252 said:
What the point to have a youth academy if you are selling your best young italian forward abroad instead of giving him a chance in the 1st squad?! Finally, in 20 years the product of our youth academy could became capocannoniere and we are offloading him :rofl: De Ceglie received his chance and Immobile not :lol: $#@! me :rofl:
Exactly. In a couple of years we will be back for a CF and we'll have to spend much more.

awful, absolutely awful. 11 mill each? Immobile would be worth 30 mill in most other countries
:agree:

I can see this haunting us in the future, just like when we sold andreas moller to dortmund
It definitely will. Tevez and Llorente are close to 30. In two years from now on we will be back in the market for a CF.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I'm actually for this deal. I'd say Juve were robbing Borrussia blind, if we weren't sharing the spoils with Torino. But given that we are, I think this money would contribute to a bigger, more I portent purchase on the market, in the overall scheme of things. I think when making the jump up to a bigger team to play an important role needs a combination of factors to include temperament, personality, ability and consistency. The fact that we are letting Immobile go, maybe means that we don't see him as the right fit for the team, and if we bring Gabba or Zaza back, it may mean that we see it in them.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
I don't get what everyone is so angry about. Immobile had a great season, he's young, and that's why he might get sold for that much. Granted, he might become better, but why would that matter to us? We already have a very similar player in Llorente.

So either we keep him on loan to get experience hoping he Keeps doing great which might not happen, or we get him back as 4th or 5th choice striker. I personally would have loved to see him at Juve, but I don't think that this deal is too unreasonable given that we're trying to land a top striker/winger.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
So RUS et all, still mad at me? Still think I am fucker? It was obvious from the start that this guy isn't part of our plans and will be sold at the first available opportunity.
Hope shark will eat you if we'll sell immobile

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get what everyone is so angry about. Immobile had a great season, he's young, and that's why he might get sold for that much. Granted, he might become better, but why would that matter to us? We already have a very similar player in Llorente.

So either we keep him on loan to get experience hoping he Keeps doing great which might not happen, or we get him back as 4th or 5th choice striker. I personally would have loved to see him at Juve, but I don't think that this deal is too unreasonable given that we're trying to land a top striker/winger.
Llorente and immobile absolutely 2 different kind of players

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)