Ciro Immobile (24 Viewers)

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
maybe Ciro doesn't want to come back to Juve now that he played for Torino, also isn't he a Napolitano? it isn't just up to Juve to bring him or not, Immobile has to agree to come back as well and Torino be willing to allow him play for Juve.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
From what I am reading, he wants to join Dortmund. There are no guarantees of a starting shirt with Juve. Let's keep in mind that although Ciro has had a great season in Serie A, he is playing at a mid-table club right now that plays a style that is totally different to what Juve play. He has absolutely no competition for a place in Torino, so unless there is an injury or suspension, he was the starter every week.

And if they can get a sizeable profit for a player who barely ever played for Juve, then so be it. Provided that the money is used to get top quality players like Sanchez.

This is very reminiscent of the Giovinco situation from a couple of years ago, where people were ranting and raving about bringing him back, they shouldn't have to pay so much for a player who was their to begin with yada yada yada.

They MUST use these funds towards a top winger though, if that is their plan.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Sadly I've only seen him in his last season here, but I liked him very much. After him we sold Sousa and Kohler, year before Cesar and all of them won the CL with Dortmund later on as protagonists.
the worst part is if Juve actually agree to sell for 20 odd mill that still doesn't even cover what Juve paid for ogbonna (assuming Juve will receive half of the overall agreed fee)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
From what I am reading, he wants to join Dortmund. There are no guarantees of a starting shirt with Juve. Let's keep in mind that although Ciro has had a great season in Serie A, he is playing at a mid-table club right now that plays a style that is totally different to what Juve play. He has absolutely no competition for a place in Torino, so unless there is an injury or suspension, he was the starter every week.

And if they can get a sizeable profit for a player who barely ever played for Juve, then so be it. Provided that the money is used to get top quality players like Sanchez.

This is very reminiscent of the Giovinco situation from a couple of years ago, where people were ranting and raving about bringing him back, they shouldn't have to pay so much for a player who was their to begin with yada yada yada.

They MUST use these funds towards a top winger though, if that is their plan.
My lady. :tup:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I won't judge on this move until I see what we do on the market. If we buy Osvaldo in the end then this move is going to be nothing but retarded.

But still, if we do get rid of Osvaldo, I'd wait and see who gets his place. It might easily be some winger and in that case, this transfer does make sense simply because we'll have Tevez and Llorente rotating upfront.

Lastly, I'm kinda pissed we're doing this. He showed tons of potential this season and it's sad we're not gonna give him a chance here.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I won't judge on this move until I see what we do on the market. If we buy Osvaldo in the end then this move is going to be nothing but retarded.

But still, if we do get rid of Osvaldo, I'd wait and see who gets his place. It might easily be some winger and in that case, this transfer does make sense simply because we'll have Tevez and Llorente rotating upfront.

Lastly, I'm kinda pissed we're doing this. He showed tons of potential this season and it's sad we're not gonna give him a chance here.
coming to mention osvaldo, imagine if we do sell Immobile for around 11 mill and end up signing osvaldo on a perma basis... :lol:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Dont really like the idea. Sure its probably good to cash in on him if we dont plan to use ourselves next season but we likely wont get much for 50% of the player. If he does end up continuing on like last season it's really going to hurt to watch knowing we had him and passed up on it for a quick 10mln.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Dont even believe we're looking to redeem Osvaldo.
Reliable sources say we are very interested in Morata so he'll most likely end up being 3rd choice CF.
If only there wasnt a buyback clause inserted(supposedly) ,it would be a pretty good move actually.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Remember we sold the first half for an initial €2.75m, so you have to add that on to any potential future fee for the other 50%.
Juve sold half to Genoa for half of Boakye. then last summer Genoa sold that half for €2.75m to Juve, Juve sold the same half to Torino for €2.75m, so technically Torino were paying Genoa through Juve as intermediary.
proceeds from selling Boakye's half will determine how much we got from Immobile's first half.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)