Ciro Immobile (7 Viewers)

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
we should sign Sanchez anyway...Immobile will cost what, 10-12M? its a no-brainer.
It's all good bringing in a good finisher such as Immobile. I get that. But what will it solve? I would rather have players who can help switch formations. If were gonna get anyone from Torino then I believe it to be Cerci. My feeling is that Immobile will be sold off.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I don't think any sane person doubts whether we want Immobile. He hasn't scored 20 goals in a 'shit league', because we are playing in it.

For me the question is one of style and mathematics. If his game is what we want (I think he is a better choice than both Tevez/Llorente in 4-3-3) from a forward we should bring him back regardless. Then its the numbers - Atletico and Dortmund want him... how badly?
If we are getting ~15M euros for our half that would mean he would cost us that as well. Hard decision as it ain't exactly pocket change.

they have paid 2.75M Euros for his half too, deduct that as well.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Yeah great idea :tup:. We get say 9-10mil out of his sale and then we can spend all of that, if not more, on a donkey like Assvaldo. That would be great for us.
You got me wrong. He is too good to be a bench warmer and unless we are willing to drop either Tevez or Llorente which at the present moment is not going to happen its a waste of talent if we bring him back.
Having said that, we shouldn't take Osvaldo as well. Maybe Gabbidiani suits better as a third choice attacker.

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
whole of europe will be scratching their heads if we let the top scorer orf the league go...but how much would we gain?

say redeem in envelopes for 10mil
sell for 20mil
we make...10mil to invest
decent striker say 20mil(dont see marotta going past this)...we spent 10mil plus big wage

or

redeem ciro for 10
play ciro..decent striker..crappy wage (which wud still b more than wat toro can possibly afford)

walla

...my stupid logic of course..someone help me

Boksic

May 11, 2005
The guy has deserved his chance to come back. It may not work for him; we don't know if he can make the next step up to a top team, but he has done virtually everything asked of him this year to prove himself.

I like the Inzaghi comparisons, it is the right time to give him a chance. He will be on a low wage, count as home-grown and will in all likelihood not complain.

Jun 13, 2007
Let's review. We've gotten osvaldo, Anelka, and Bentdner in the last two seasons. Players who have zero potential, and have done nothing to prove they can be valuable. Then there's this guy, top scorer Italy, impressing week in week out and getting attention from all over Europe, and he's a Juve youth product, meaning he will play his heart out for this club. For me, it's a no brainier. Get rid of vuci, quag, osvaldo. Keep giovinco as an impact sub and give this guy a chance next season. He really deserves it. Worst case, he fails, and we ship him back out, but if he succeeds, he could be a legend here. The beautiful thing about it is that this whole experiment is so fucking cheap, we're practically risking nothing for a potentially excellent return.

If scoring 20 goals and leading serie A with 4 games left to pay isn't enough to prove his worth, I don't understand what is.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Let's review. We've gotten osvaldo, Anelka, and Bentdner in the last two seasons. Players who have zero potential, and have done nothing to prove they can be valuable. Then there's this guy, top scorer Italy, impressing week in week out and getting attention from all over Europe, and he's a Juve youth product, meaning he will play his heart out for this club. For me, it's a no brainier. Get rid of vuci, quag, osvaldo. Keep giovinco as an impact sub and give this guy a chance next season. He really deserves it. Worst case, he fails, and we ship him back out, but if he succeeds, he could be a legend here. The beautiful thing about it is that this whole experiment is so $#@!ing cheap, we're practically risking nothing for a potentially excellent return.

If scoring 20 goals and leading serie A with 4 games left to pay isn't enough to prove his worth, I don't understand what is.
Exactly, and remember that we dnot have fukin money to spend on big fishes. The upgrades for inmobile are already in the levels of Cavani, Ibra,suarez, Falcao etc. WE DONT have money for those players.

If we are planning to keep Pogba..Inmobile is a dirt cheap option to have. And looking at numbers and how he is soo good at scoring/poaching... he can even bench llorente pretty fast if the latter doesnt take the finger out of his mouth.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is a huge improvement for us.

Bring gabbiadini too as a cheap winger if we cant get someone else..the guy is good.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Suppose I'm looking at what a player can give besides just goals. If we need to add anything to our attack I suggest an explosive type player. Direct. All I'm thinking and wanting is Sanchez. I know I'm going on about him but he's made for us. Conte will get the maximum from him. Say Immobile does come back, we will still be pumping in those pathetic crosses or relying on bits of brilliance from time to time. For me that's not enough. Imagine Sanchez working alongside Tevez & Llorente??

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Suppose I'm looking at what a player can give besides just goals. If we need to add anything to our attack I suggest an explosive type player. Direct. All I'm thinking and wanting is Sanchez. I know I'm going on about him but he's made for us. Conte will get the maximum from him. Say Immobile does come back, we will still be pumping in those pathetic crosses or relying on bits of brilliance from time to time. For me that's not enough. Imagine Sanchez working alongside Tevez & Llorente??
Pthetic crosses and shitty build up play is not inmobile{s problem to solve. That shid goes straight to Conte. He is the one who has to sort this out. Ciro will bring the goals...and thats his role in the team.

And is about time we get proper match winners like ciro. IM tired of our "battling forwards who can hold up the ball"... i wan tofukin goals. nothing shor of it.

Jun 13, 2007
Sanchez would be great but I'm very skeptics we will be able to sign him to be honest.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Pthetic crosses and $#@!ty build up play is not inmobile{s problem to solve. That shid goes straight to Conte. He is the one who has to sort this out. Ciro will bring the goals...and thats his role in the team.

And is about time we get proper match winners like ciro. IM tired of our "battling forwards who can hold up the ball"... i wan tofukin goals. nothing shor of it.

Ok get Immobile and continue as we are, cos that's what will happen. Or simply add players who can make a difference in every aspect of our game. Give us that added option.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Ok get Immobile and continue as we are, cos that's what will happen. Or simply add players who can make a difference in every aspect of our game. Give us that added option.
When we signed Pogba and Vidal nobody expected of them to make a difference. And look what they are doing now.

If you sign a proven player it doesn't mean he will give you 30 goals a year every season.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Bringing him back or loaning him out again to Torino or a better club is a no brainer in my opinion. Selling him now without a cheap buy-back option at the very least would be outright idiotic.

If he is a hit then we reap a great investment. If he flops he'll be like the vucinics, borriellos, quags, matris of the world at worst only very young. So still he'd have an okay market value and our attack will remain just the way it is now. Really nothing to lose and possibly a lot or a good amount to gain.

We shouldnt spend the entire budget on a top striker only when we urgently need 2-3 proper wingbacks (Asa going to Afcon) and have a potentially very good striker for peanuts on our horizon.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Even if he fails, he'll always be the top scorer of Serie A and will always have a value. I mean look at Gilardino, even though he failed at Milan he was still has made a good career for himself.

Apr 29, 2006
they have paid 2.75M Euros for his half too, deduct that as well.
That'll be the 'pocket change' in this deal and overall it is I suppose.

As I said bringing him should be a matter of style first. What formation are we going to play? Who else will be in the starting 11?
Llorente is better than Ciro at out current formation. If we are playing a faster passing system with frequent balls behind their defense or a lot of counters I think Immobile would be the better suited player. Then there is the Tevez - Immobile 'partnership', apparently they've already kicked with a great personal rapport :(
I am sure Conte wouldn't let such a thing affect the team, but both players seem like riddles when it comes to their personal preferences.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
And why would Immobile cancel a potential Sanchez purchase?
Selling Immobile will add funds to the coffers. We won't be able to afford both. Depending what our summer budget is. Bring back Gabbiadini too. Sell Quagliarella, & the bloke with the lazy dog. Oust that pathetic Oriundo Osvaldo too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)