Ciro Immobile (34 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:agree: Amauri was a beast @ Palermo, and we all know how that ended for us. Giovinco did incredibly well @ Parma, but hasn't done shit for us. Immobile is definitely on the up, but I doubt he will ever be good enough to be a starter @ Juventus; therefore, if an offer of 20 million for him ever arrives, we shouldn't hesitate to sell.

He is a solid player, but will never scale the heights of an Aguero, Cavani, or Suarez, nor will he ever be good enough to displace Tevez or Llorente.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
:agree: Amauri was a beast @ Palermo, and we all know how that ended for us. Giovinco did incredibly well @ Parma, but hasn't done shit for us. Immobile is definitely on the up, but I doubt he will ever be good enough to be a starter @ Juventus; therefore, if an offer of 20 million for him ever arrives, we shouldn't hesitate to sell.

He is a solid player, but will never scale the heights of an Aguero, Cavani, or Suarez, nor will he ever be good enough to displace Tevez or Llorente.
Inzaghi, Vieri, Montella, Toni and plenty of others also scored figured out how to score a lot in smaller teams before arriving to big teams and having awesome careers. You don't know where he'll end up, so no need to assume he'll be a new Amauri(two completely different players btw) or Inzaghi. But if he keeps scoring the way he does he deserves the chance. He could either become a new Inzaghi or Vieri or he could just become a new Giladino(which wouldn't be too bad).

Marotta and Agnelli run a smart and tight project, there is no need to get rid of an impressive player like Immobile when you already own a part of him. We're never going to be able to sign strikers for big money anyway, so its very important to us to do well with our own assets first.

Also funny that you mention Cavani who I swear before he signed for Napoli many of us including me and you were calling him the new Amauri. We are clueless and don't know SHIT.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
@Suns

It goes both ways. He could be, like you say, the new Vieri or Inzaghi (never liked the cunt), yet there is an equal opportunity for him to become the new Corradi or Aquafresca. I just have a hunch he isn't going to be anything special, so IF a tempting offer arrives we should cash in.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
@Suns

It goes both ways. He could be, like you say, the new Vieri or Inzaghi (never liked the cunt), yet there is an equal opportunity for him to become the new Corradi or Aquafresca. I just have a hunch he isn't going to be anything special, so IF a tempting offer arrives we should cash in.
Acquafresca and Corradi were never as impressive as Immobile is today.

Look, here is the thing, I would be pissed as hell if we sold our share to Dortmund and he goes there and starts scoring goals the same way he does here in Italy as a replacement for Lewandowski. Young players who figure out how the score are rare and should always be tried in your team. Same way Inzaghi, Vieri, Montella, Toni turned out to be a success and even guys like Gilardino, Adriano, Mutu, Di Vaio and many, many others who were purchased by big teams and tested.

Either we get him and he turns out to the next great Italian striker or he fails and we get rid of him in a few years.. but the only thing we'll lose by acquiring him is some lousy 7-8m from a team for our half which is nothing these days anyway.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
If a young player scores a lot of goals then he is the new giovinco. if a young player doesnt score lots of goals then he is horrible. A young player can never develop into a world class striker under Tuz logic

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Not exactly. Immobile hasn't shown enough to suggest he is going to be a world class player. He is a very competent scorer, but little else. I prefer to exercise caution (some call it pessimism) at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Gilardino was beast in his prime
:touched: The prime that lasted all of 18 months :p

- - - Updated - - -

Just another night in Bangkok
:D When r u dragging your ass over here?

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
If he scored 3 against Juventus or Napoli then he is Juve material, but when you do shit against Juve and score great goal against fucking Bonera and likes, one should be very cautious of bringing Immobile back.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Either we get him and he turns out to the next great Italian striker or he fails and we get rid of him in a few years.. but the only thing we'll lose by acquiring him is some lousy 7-8m from a team for our half which is nothing these days anyway.
this is where you are wrong, maybe you never heard of opportunity cost?? if we sell it's +€7m to +€8m, if we buy it's -€7m to -€8m to Juve's existing funds... the difference is double that at €15m +. that's what we are losing for a bench player in addition to €15m for bench player Ogbonna, €15m+ bench player Isla, and we'll need a backup midfielder. We can't afford a top player to improve the starting 11 if we keep spending that much money on the bench.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Immobile is 24 years old. He is not a wonderkid. He could do well with us though but he will be a gamble. The problem is if it would worth it. I'm still not convinced by him :boh:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
why does every player have to be a world class to join juventus?

if every player was world class to before joining juventus, none of them would, or they would be be out of price range.

second, even assuming he never reaches world class status, juventus need a strong bench. guys like quag, vuci have no future here and suck.

- - - Updated - - -

Immobile is 24 years old. He is not a wonderkid. He could do well with us though but he will be a gamble. The problem is if it would worth it. I'm still not convinced by him :boh:
Vidal, Camo were around that age when they joined juve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)