Ciro Immobile (8 Viewers)

Jul 1, 2010

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I've seen Ciro play, as talented as he is, his time to comeback isn't now. He learns more from playing in a midtable team than being the 5th striker of Juventus.
I'd agree with that if I though Immobile would be the fifth-choice striker.

As things stand, though, I think he could well establish himself as third-choice striker pretty quickly.

And it's not that I think Immobile is anything special.

Matri shows no real signs of regaining his past form and Conte hasn't exactly appeared keen to play Quagliarella recently.

May 22, 2007
Agreed with that, and Conte has said positive things about him. He'd be alright to have now, and he wouldn't be expensive. I think this deal is realistic and could happen this month.

And he needs to be taken away from Genoa, their fans and Delneri.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

As things stand, though, I think he could well establish himself as third-choice striker pretty quickly.

Matri shows no real signs of regaining his past form and Conte hasn't exactly appeared keen to play Quagliarella recently.
:tup:

Bring the boy back. I can see him playing 3rd fiddle behind our two SS's.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009

Do you like Immobile, Red?

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I rather us look at Gabbiadini. I feel like that kid is going to be some special some day.

But if we can't, I want us to get Immobile. The kid deserves a chance and he can't possibly do any worse than what Matri is doing now.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Do you like Immobile, Red?
Can't say I've seen an awful lot of him.

Seems to work away and moves reasonably well - both in regards to moving defences around and getting himself in good positions.

Touch is decent.

Not the coolest of finishers, though.

Under normal circumstances, I doubt Juve would be looking to bring him back at this point. His current level of ability shouldn't be enough to have a shot at getting close to being in the Juve team, but Juve's sub-standard forward line means he's worth considering.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
People are referring an awful lot to Conte's latest comments regarding Ciro as proof positive that he's coming, but didn't he say something along the lines of "I like him, we'll continue to monitor his progress"? Sure as shit doesn't sound to me like he is 100 % on bringing him back this january.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
People are referring an awful lot to Conte's latest comments regarding Ciro as proof positive that he's coming, but didn't he say something along the lines of "I like him, we'll continue to monitor his progress"? Sure as shit doesn't sound to me like he is 100 % on bringing him back this january.
Yeah, I didn't get much that he's 100% coming here from that quote.

Seems more on the end that he isn't coming.

May 22, 2007
"We'll keep a close eye on his progress"

'Continue' implies he'd be staying, monitoring him closely could mean different things. But I think it's down to being linked with him (via SKY) and Conte saying he likes the player. Nothing is certain.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

@those who think he would play behind Matri & Quag :lol:

This kid's finishing is easily on par if not wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better than matri & quag

Bring him back plz.

- - - Updated - - -

5th striker. :howler:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)