Ciro Immobile (9 Viewers)

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
It's not just this game, it's frequent. Dortmund gives their strikers a massive number of chances, but their finishing is appalling, Immobile's is likely the worst of the bunch, which is why he is so often benched and the German media has made note of his struggles converting easy chances.
non sense, how many games of BVB have you watched recently? :lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Clearly a lot.

On FIFA 15.

After he edited Immobile to a 50 rating.
Immobile is good. No question. 20 mil good. Or thereabouts, slightly more, slightly less dependent on how he progresses with more time in the side. But the knock on him by German media, and BvB supporters is that he wastes a crazy amount of chances. Which is strange considering how clinical he was with finishing last year for Torino.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It's not just this game, it's frequent. Dortmund gives their strikers a massive number of chances, but their finishing is appalling, Immobile's is likely the worst of the bunch, which is why he is so often benched and the German media has made note of his struggles converting easy chances.
My criticism of Lewandowski (aka Crapandowski) was how wasteful he was for the chances he finally finished. Immobile is following that Dortmund tradition.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
My criticism of Lewandowski (aka Crapandowski) was how wasteful he was for the chances he finally finished. Immobile is following that Dortmund tradition.
Crapandowski. Oh Zach :lol:

At least he scored a large number of goals though. We'll see if Immobile can be as prolific. He has 6 goals in 15 matches between league and CL so far. Lewandowski scored 24, 34, 26 in the last three years for Dortmund between league and CL, and he was quite wasteful, yes. Immobile is taking that to another level though.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I recall Lewandowski having a ridiculous number of shots, however. But then look at Ronaldo's goals and compare with the ludicrous number of shots he often puts up.

Ciro is still riding the bench hard for Dortmund half the time.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
He is doing good in Europe but bad in Germany. Like the rest of the team. Cant really judge him in this environment. They might be carrying him when they perform and pulling him down when they don't.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I recall Lewandowski having a ridiculous number of shots, however. But then look at Ronaldo's goals and compare with the ludicrous number of shots he often puts up.

Ciro is still riding the bench hard for Dortmund half the time.
If you score 50 goals a season every season all is forgiven.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He is doing good in Europe but bad in Germany. Like the rest of the team. Cant really judge him in this environment. They might be carrying him when they perform and pulling him down when they don't.
He has 6 goals in 15 games, between League and CL. He has played 723 minutes in those competitions which is a goal for every 120.5 minutes he has played. He's scoring about once in every 6 shots for Dortmund. I think it's about 1 in 4 in CL, and 1 in 9 in Bundesliga. However, he has missed a large number of very good chances in that number, both in the league and in CL. That's the big complaint by Dortmund supporters and media, and is the reason he has been on the bench so much. No assists yet. 69% pass completion.

He is actually quite similar to Morata in terms of shot conversion, and goals per minute played. Morata has 4 goals in 14 appearances, but has only played 446 minutes in those matches due to featuring from the bench more often. That works out to a better goals per minute ration of 111.5 minutes per goal. He is slightly behind with shot conversion, at 1 goal for every about 7 shots. And like Immobile, he has a tendency to miss some real easy chances. No assists either. 77% pass completion.

The two have very similar statistics this year, with Morata slightly ahead in goals per minutes played, and Immobile slightly ahead in goals per shots taken. Morata has just turned 22, and Immobile is two months from 25. Morata has an advantage there, in that he is at a similar place to Immobile, while being almost 3 years younger, with both having switched leagues for basically the same price in the summer.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
He has 6 goals in 15 games, between League and CL. He has played 723 minutes in those competitions which is a goal for every 120.5 minutes he has played. He's scoring about once in every 6 shots for Dortmund. I think it's about 1 in 4 in CL, and 1 in 9 in Bundesliga. However, he has missed a large number of very good chances in that number, both in the league and in CL. That's the big complaint by Dortmund supporters and media, and is the reason he has been on the bench so much. No assists yet. 69% pass completion.

He is actually quite similar to Morata in terms of shot conversion, and goals per minute played. Morata has 4 goals in 14 appearances, but has only played 446 minutes in those matches due to featuring from the bench more often. That works out to a better goals per minute ration of 111.5 minutes per goal. He is slightly behind with shot conversion, at 1 goal for every about 7 shots. And like Immobile, he has a tendency to miss some real easy chances. No assists either. 77% pass completion.

The two have very similar statistics this year, with Morata slightly ahead in goals per minutes played, and Immobile slightly ahead in goals per shots taken. Morata has just turned 22, and Immobile is two months from 25. Morata has an advantage there, in that he is at a similar place to Immobile, while being almost 3 years younger, with both having switched leagues for basically the same price in the summer.
Ciro's goals are mostly in Europe while Morata's in Serie A. Also these are ciro's numbers in a club that is in real free fall while morata is playing for Juventus.

I expect better from both players.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Ciro's goals are mostly in Europe while Morata's in Serie A. Also these are ciro's numbers in a club that is in real free fall while morata is playing for Juventus.

I expect better from both players.
In Europe... Yes. But only 1 goal against a good team in any competition. At home against Arsenal. Aside from that, he has hit zeros in any match against good competition. Same with Morata. Neither of the two are scoring in matches against good competition. However. Morata's lack of scoring is not hurting Juve, as he is young and not yet a starter. Whereas Immobile's lack of scoring is a direct factor in BvB's terrible Bundesliga start. Hence the reason he's been demoted to the bench.

Until Morata gets a run of starts for Juve, or at least more regular playing time, it is hard to compare the two. Morata is behind established strikers like Tevez and Llorente (in terrible form, but still well-established)... Immobile is in a rotation with a mediocre Ramos and Aubameyang who hasn't yet established himself at BvB like he had at St Etienne. It's much easier competition for minutes for Immobile than it is for Morata.

It's hard to compare the two regardless. But suggesting one is ahead of the other, based on performances so far this year is very hard to do, seeing as they have both been quite mediocre so far.

Like you. I expect both to be much better. Especially Morata though.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
In Europe... Yes. But only 1 goal against a good team in any competition. At home against Arsenal. Aside from that, he has hit zeros in any match against good competition. Same with Morata. Neither of the two are scoring in matches against good competition. However. Morata's lack of scoring is not hurting Juve, as he is young and not yet a starter. Whereas Immobile's lack of scoring is a direct factor in BvB's terrible Bundesliga start. Hence the reason he's been demoted to the bench.

Until Morata gets a run of starts for Juve, or at least more regular playing time, it is hard to compare the two. Morata is behind established strikers like Tevez and Llorente (in terrible form, but still well-established)... Immobile is in a rotation with a mediocre Ramos and Aubameyang who hasn't yet established himself at BvB like he had at St Etienne. It's much easier competition for minutes for Immobile than it is for Morata.

It's hard to compare the two regardless. But suggesting one is ahead of the other, based on performances so far this year is very hard to do, seeing as they have both been quite mediocre so far.

Like you. I expect both to be much better. Especially Morata though.
I think there are things to be said for and against both and a fair comparison is very difficult atleast until dortmund find their feet again and both players get to play more. I am not terribly excited about either though to become world beaters or even tevez level. Morata atleast has his age in his favor so there is still plenty of time.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I think it's because Bundesliga is several steps above Serie A. So someone like Immobile who scores 20 in Serie A can only score 8 in Bundesliga since it's just a more difficult league and Serie A sucks. Nothing wrong with that, Immobile will go play for Milan and score 20 again.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I think it's because Bundesliga is several steps above Serie A. So someone like Immobile who scores 20 in Serie A can only score 8 in Bundesliga since it's just a more difficult league and Serie A sucks. Nothing wrong with that, Immobile will go play for Milan and score 20 again.
Immobile is not technical enough for Dortmund. Same with Aubameyang. They need space in pure counter attack systems. Dortmund can counter but they do so when they are high up the field.

Last year Immobile and Cerci did damage by countering from inside their own half with acres to run at goal. Immobile can't adapt to Dortmund's pressing because they win the ball in opposition territory and it requires quick technical moves out of the area they won the ball which is usually a tight space like the sideline in the opposition's half.

Plus he is not great in tight spaces overall even in possession. Not very good with 1-2's or quick touches to set up a shot on goal. He's a pace/strength/shot type CF. He's like half a Lewandowski.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)