Cidade de Deus (1 Viewer)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I noticed ppl really didn know much about it so...here's my review of it. It's by far one of best! Makes my top 5 movies of all time. Awsome movie, if u haven't watched it yet, def. go out and get it today.

Movie's about the life in the City of God (Cidade de Deus). It shows the conditions of the poor people of Brazil. The movie starts out in the present day and flashes back to the 60's and eventually comes back to present day again. Its about Drugs, Violence, Sex, and the harsh reality of the people that live in the favelas.

PS: if you're not into gangster movies or violence than this movie is not for you. plus; remember to watch the documentary in the Special Features section.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Probably not my favorite movie of all time. But definitely my favorite among all the movies I saw in 2003. I saw it in the theaters, so I'll have to check out someone with a DVD sometime.

Great direction, great story, a fabulous soundtrack... and some parts funnier than hell. This movie had it all.

But the violence? Whew... And I don't flinch at movies like Pulp Fiction or Amores Perros. As much as I love this movie, I left the theater feeling ill after watching it. The sort of feeling you'd expect to get after eating a half-dozen Dove ice cream bars where blowing chunks seems like your only relief...

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I havent seen this yet. I will be shown on TV soon here in Sweden.. I really want to see this :D

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
Probably not my favorite movie of all time. But definitely my favorite among all the movies I saw in 2003. I saw it in the theaters, so I'll have to check out someone with a DVD sometime.

Great direction, great story, a fabulous soundtrack... and some parts funnier than hell. This movie had it all.

But the violence? Whew... And I don't flinch at movies like Pulp Fiction or Amores Perros. As much as I love this movie, I left the theater feeling ill after watching it. The sort of feeling you'd expect to get after eating a half-dozen Dove ice cream bars where blowing chunks seems like your only relief...

Exactly my feeling. But the movie is worth watching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)