Christian Poulsen (5 Viewers)

Should Poulsen be part of the Juve squad for the 2010/11 season?

• Yes

• No

• Depends on who is signed and what offers are made for Poulsen

Results are only viewable after voting.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
Do you guys think, he is better than Zanetti?
I wonder what CR thinks...

Well we will find out when Zanetti returns!
Thats a hard one for me at this point!
Poulsen seems to have a better ground passing range and a good long ball passing range too while we all know C Zanetti's excellent long ball expertise but I've seldom seen him put offesive passes on the ground and I've seen Poulsen do that quite a couple of time especially against Artmedia in Turin (both went unfortunately to Molinaro though).
I actaully think C Zanetti is more defensive as he seems to cover more ground and tackle more frequently. Imo Poulsen does more of strategic defending in midfield that involves more of standing in the right places to intercept

I can basically say I'm almost indiffernent to which of them plays.
PS on the Serie A preview show I watch here, C Zanetti was in the team of the season in midfield

Aug 22, 2008
Thats a hard one for me at this point!
Poulsen seems to have a better ground passing range and a good long ball passing range too while we all know C Zanetti's excellent long ball expertise but I've seldom seen him put offesive passes on the ground and I've seen Poulsen do that quite a couple of time especially against Artmedia in Turin (both went unfortunately to Molinaro though).
I actaully think C Zanetti is more defensive as he seems to cover more ground and tackle more frequently. Imo Poulsen does more of strategic defending in midfield that involves more of standing in the right places to intercept

PS on the Serie A preview show I watch here, C Zanetti was in the team of the season in midfield
Zanetti is arguably our best & most consistent Defensive midfielder. We'll have to see What Poulsen & as Marchisio can do on consistent basis. Until then Zanetti has his place in the first XI.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
I think our midfield should still consist of Zanetti and Momo. They complement each other perfectly. However, I like Poulsen and he's a very good backup for Zanetti. Last year, we had Tiago and Nocerino as backups and they were both shit. This year, we have a very promising Marchisio and a very qualified Poulsen to replace Zanetti. We have a much stronger midfield this season. That's actually the only positive note from our disastrous transfer campaign.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Poulsen has only played a few matches and looked good, but it's still early. Zanetti should be given plenty of time to recover as he seems to be injury laden for a while now.

Mar 30, 2006
While I think zanetti was one of our best players last season I think there is more potential in a Sissoko-Poulsen partnership.

Poulsen can play as a pivot and be an effective shield in front of our defense without making rash challenges and getting out of position as Momo sometimes does. He closes down space and also has a good passing range. Momo on the other hand is good at having a more free role in terms of chasing and hurrying opposition players on the ball forcing them into mistakes or winning the ball himself. While it is risky to have him on his own doing this if say he misses a tackle or chases someone to far and finds himself out of position, the fact we have Poulsen there as a rock for Momo to force our opponents into and to cover for momo will allow us to win alot more balls and dominate midfield's like we never have before. It will also help us to score more goals by winning the ball in midfield and hitting them on counter attacks. It seems alot easier for us to score like this than when we have the ball for long amounts of time and seem to be stifled or lack openings in attack.

But the season in long and Zanetti will also be very important for us.

Does anyone else feel the same about Poulsen and Momo?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Nice teamwork here.
I started the action and after a great pass from Fli, Jack scored a beautiful goal.:D
You devils, i knew this was bound to happen and i know the cause my "spiritual child" was banned, but what was the excuse?

A pm?:shifty: and this? http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1740030#post1740030
The guy was constantly provoked and he seemed to control himself and holding back, avoiding to insult, i just wonder where did he crossed the line?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
of course not. He is midfielder of adifferent type Poulsen is simply less creative and more defensive than Zanetti
You think? I think both's priority is to defend and then help the construction of our game when they get the chance.
Poulsen can also be creative, but not with Marchisio at his side. Having Marchisio besides him, a CM, that means he will let him do the creative work and focus on the support of defense.
Sissoko and Zanetti would do the same.
I say go with the youth, Marchisio et Sissoko!
:rulz:
That seems to be the future, unless we invest on another top quality midfielder!
Thats what i was thinking when i asked the question, they share too many characteristics and atm we dont know all the small details.
We need more of Poulsen's skills and Zanetti's current form.
I am not able to see yet who is the most efficient at his work and i see i am not the only one...

Zanetti is arguably our best & most consistent Defensive midfielder. We'll have to see What Poulsen & as Marchisio can do on consistent basis. Until then Zanetti has his place in the first XI.
Zanetti is the definition of consistence indeed, Poulsen has been quite consistent too and we dont know if Zanetti will be as good when he returns.
Atm the situation does not favor anyone and i am sure CR will have a headache to choose when CZ returns.
On the there hand we have plenty of games to play!
Last year, we had Tiago and Nocerino as backups and they were both shit. This year, we have a very promising Marchisio and a very qualified Poulsen to replace Zanetti. We have a much stronger midfield this season. That's actually the only positive note from our disastrous transfer campaign.
Indeed, we did not fixed any of creativity problems, maybe Marchisio can do smth about that, but we are well covered, i still think that 2 DMs and 2 CMs would make our midfield more balanced though.
Tiago+Poulsen money for a top quality CM would be the ideal,
now we are bound to keep it this way, because of the abundance of DMs.

Poulsen has only played a few matches and looked good, but it's still early. Zanetti should be given plenty of time to recover as he seems to be injury laden for a while now.
And the more time he has to recover, the more chances MArchisio will have to play;)
We don't know how is Zanetti's current form after his injury, but if he plays like last season then I think choice is obviously in favour of him
Zanetti has been incredibly consistent and efficient, but since Sissoko came, he started to fade away, i am not sure this man is able to handle competition unaffected. I m really curious to see him play again under those circumstances.
I was waiting for a clash of performances between Zanetti and Poulsen and this injury ruined everything...
While I think zanetti was one of our best players last season I think there is more potential in a Sissoko-Poulsen partnership.

Poulsen can play as a pivot and be an effective shield in front of our defense without making rash challenges and getting out of position as Momo sometimes does. He closes down space and also has a good passing range. Momo on the other hand is good at having a more free role in terms of chasing and hurrying opposition players on the ball forcing them into mistakes or winning the ball himself. While it is risky to have him on his own doing this if say he misses a tackle or chases someone to far and finds himself out of position, the fact we have Poulsen there as a rock for Momo to force our opponents into and to cover for momo will allow us to win alot more balls and dominate midfield's like we never have before. It will also help us to score more goals by winning the ball in midfield and hitting them on counter attacks. It seems alot easier for us to score like this than when we have the ball for long amounts of time and seem to be stifled or lack openings in attack.

Very god argumentation and you very precise on Momo,
but i think that CZ can offer everything that Poulsen can offer, the quiet consistent worker, may deliver efficiency avoiding to impress, as the bestial black ninja can. But this brings some balance to our squad and secures our defense furthermore. But again without a man who knows what to do with the ball, we are only forced to use our wings, or attack with the counterattacking pattern you described.
I still hope that Poulsen's tactical awareness and passing skills, may offer him to help the contribution of the ball more fluently.
Since Sissoko lacks that, we need our second DM to be a bit more careful passer. CZ is exp enough to understand that but he rarely dares to do so.
Maybe when Poulsen is fully accommodated, ha can do better.
Thats what i wanted from our new DM and thats why i was kind of disappointed when we got Poulsen.
Hopefully he will be proved better than i thought!

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Poulsen looks really good in for our first few games. Consistency is a big part of his game, and he has the above average passing range. I dont think there is a clear answer of who's first him or CZ.

All three (Sissoko, CZ, and Poulsen) can rotate with one another. Poulsen has better agility and on the ball technique than CZ but so far I think CZ is still tactically better with better defensive positioning.

Nonetheless, we have a strong midfield that can withstand plenty of injury.

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
Sissoko and Zanetti would do the same.

Zanetti has been incredibly consistent and efficient, but since Sissoko came, he started to fade away, i am not sure this man is able to handle competition unaffected. I m really curious to see him play again under those circumstances.
I was waiting for a clash of performances between Zanetti and Poulsen and this injury ruined everything...
again and again they are not the same, they do completely different things in midfield

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006

:tup:

Alex'l

Sep 5, 2008
Nice teamwork here.
I started the action and after a great pass from Fli, Jack scored a beautiful goal.:D
Not quite:lol: :lol: ;) Alen did i heart your feelings?:lol: If you disagree with my views, at least try to counter my arguments, if you can manage that, not try to get me banned like a liitle girl;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)