Chiumiento joins Siena (1 Viewer)

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Sidz-Inzaghi ] ++
I hope Chiumento will develop into the player we all hope him to be...."The Next Del Piero":cool:
:groan: Huge potential, then few awesome years, a really bad injury and after that... Not that much really... I don't want him to be the next Del Piero... Let's not get our hopes that high, it's 90%-10% chances that we'll get disappointed in this one too... :down:

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Sidz-Inzaghi ] ++
Chiumento need a guidance like Prandelli but unfortunately he joined elsewhere...:down:
Capello's no slouch when it comes to youngsters either :)

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
and we all know what happens to juve-owned players who go out on loan :groan:
Yeah, they either
1) become NT players and shine during their loan spells (Miccoli, Brighi)
2) become Europen champions (Brighi, Sculli)

Shenanigans

Nov 29, 2003
and then what happens to them?

then what is happening to sculli? 2 goals in 18 games i believe last season. well done for sending him on loan. who did we get in return?! legro! :rofl:

and brighi was destined to be a great player but juves youth policy mashed that up.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
We'r using almost all of these players on loan in our swap deals. some of these players are not meant to play for Juve in the future, they are just a way of helping us to get players on swap deals and save some money.

don't know what will happen with Chiumiento's suture. It may be different

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Shenanigans ] ++
and then what happens to them?

then what is happening to sculli? 2 goals in 18 games i believe last season. well done for sending him on loan. who did we get in return?! legro! :rofl:

and brighi was destined to be a great player but juves youth policy mashed that up.
Sure, but Sculli was a main factor, why Italia won the u-21 championship. Brighi is the captain of that team.
I think that loaning out young players is the best thing Moggi can do! Why should they sit on the bench at Juve??

Jul 28, 2002
if they were defender im sure they would have been,but we have alack of real young defensive talent...upfront and midfield we a have a plethora of experienced players to compete with...

Shenanigans

Nov 29, 2003
untrue. all the young players are asking is a few minutes at the end of matches, or starting the cl games once weve already qualified. is it that much to ask? :irritate:

unbelievable.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
I partly agree with Shenanigans, players like Benjamin or Brighi before deserve their chances in the first team too... Surely players like DP and Nedved could teach them a trick or two...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
As much as I want to us to sign good players etc, I want more than anything to see Capello utilising the eager youth that are just waiting for their chance. I get the feeling that if a player like Cassano was in our squad, he'd probably go on loan and not reach the same level of development that he has at Roma

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Why is it that the most popular club in the world isn't known for its great youth development? I mean, everyone wants to play for Juventus! So we should have the best youth players in Italy.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
Why is it that the most popular club in the world isn't known for its great youth development? I mean, everyone wants to play for Juventus! So we should have the best youth players in Italy.
Because we don't need a good youth program. One of the reasons that we are in good financial shape is that we don't spend much on youth developement or scouting. We let other, smaller clubs find and develope young players, then we take them when we want. Furthermore, Juventus has become one of the world's greatest clubs by fielding a team of experienced internationals with very few young players prone to inconsistency. In the past, this proved to be a very successful business model, but the collapse of the television market has put us in a bit of a bind, as our main source of money has been cut in half, and thus we don't have as much money to get young players from other teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)