Chimenti (1 Viewer)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Jeeks....I'm with you...

I was the first one here in this Forum, to say No to other goalkeepers and yes to Chimenti....Sometimes I feel that Moggi was a bit Stupid taking Abbiati...Not saying he's not good...But It's just that I don't feel comfortable....

Amash

Mar 31, 2005
I belived that Abbiati is good but now I don't belive him. He is mistaking too much especially on that balls from corner kicks.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Abbiati is still better than Chimenti.

He is very insecure when coming out and dealing with crosses, but he is much bettar at shot stopping and one on ones than Chimenti, and having to chose between the two I'd always choose Abbiati as the lesser of two evils.

I think we'll be fine until Gigi recoveres, we have an easy CL group, so that shouldnt be a problem, but we'll have to tighten up in defence in Serie A.

Still, Abbiati is a much better solution than Chimenti.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Gotta stick with Abbiati over Chimenti on this one. With Abbiati, I pray that he doesn't screw up and play out of place. With Chimenti, I pray that he can perform somewhere other than our Coppa matches.

Note the difference. One involves more knee pads than the other.

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Besides, we were spoiled with Buffon for so long, now we see how most of the other teams with crap keepers feel ;)
so true, now we get to see what it feels like to have an average keeper. Sticking with Abbaiti though, Chimenti has no chance

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
you've got to give abbiati some chance i mean he has not played constantly for 2/3 years under milan what dyu expect? i mean he was at a time called up for the national team and was nearly the first gk. if he gets back to that form, it would be great and he would have a chance to play in the nt again

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Chimenti is still a worse player then Abbiati. He hasn't played many matches the past few years, and because of that he makes mistakes once in a while. Anyway, don't forget it's only until the winter break. It's a short term problem.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
I'm absolutely stunned to see how many of the members are now creating anti-Abbiati movement. The guy hasn't played regularly for ages, plus the facts that the team and most importantly defenders are totally new to him. Right now he just needs time to practice and play with new squad, time to calm down. The past few weeks have been hectic for him, he isn't even fully fit yet. What did you expect from him, that he'd be better than Buffon? It isn't that easy to just stand between the posts for 80 minutes and then make a stunning save when opponent attacks properly for the first time in the game.

Abbiati is pure class, just give him time to prove it.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Despite of the fact that we hate him or not, he will still be our 1st choice GK until Christmas bar any injuries, so we should be patient and let him recover his confidence + experience (I admit that I have grown impatient on him, hoever in the expense of our team, I will still give him encouragement.)

May 30, 2004
you people should shutup i saw the mistake abbiati made in the champs league match.. so wht one mistake he got reluctant and confused big deal .. u d rather have that clown chimenti instead of abbiati.. not gonna happen abbiati came for a reason to replace chimenti and thats wht hes doing right now... and all the other people awaiting buffon ever considered tht buffon would be back and wouldnt be able to fill his own shoes..imo buffon might suck when he comes back for a while.... abbiati just needs to play a couple of mroe games hes a good goalie just needs to get used to the team and get used to not sitting on his ass warming a bench and getting into action even in the champiosn league which am sure he hasnt played in for a while now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)