Chiellini: “A fundamental victory” (2 Viewers)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005

Giorgio Chiellini enjoyed another solid display at the heart of the Bianconeri rearguard this evening, nullifying the Inter strikeforce with a number of timely interceptions and strong challenges. And the defender could have also chalked up an assist, but found Maicon on hand to pull off an incredible goal-line clearance following Quagliarella’s close-range effort.
“Maicon did tremendously well,” began the 27-year-old. “I would have liked to have scored, but I saw Quagliarella unmarked and he appeared in a better position than I was. The personal satisfaction was missing, but it was important to win today in a fundamental game. It’s better to score at other moments.”
The Bianconeri rearguard dealt well with the first half threat posed by the visitors’ and were rewarded with yet another clean sheet.
“We barely concede because because we all do a great job,” he explained. “When we all press high, we run and hold our position, making everything easier.”
Chiellini concluded by hailing the performance of club captain Alessandro Del Piero: “He deserves this satisfaction, along with our other team-mates who perhaps play less. However, when they come off the bench they manage to make the difference. These players are our added force that can drive us to a winning season.”

Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)