Oct 21, 2003
to Andy and other Chevelle fans

Upcoming 2004 Tour Dates:

11/24 – Minneapolis, MN – Target Center – Direct support to Korn
11/27 – Cincinnati, OH – Bogart’s
11/28 – Cleveland, OH – CSU Convocation Center – Direct support to Korn
11/30 – Trenton, NJ – Sovereign Bank Arena – Direct support to Korn
12/02 – Pittsburgh, PA – The Rock Club – WXDX Show
12/03 – New York, NY (East Rutherford, NJ) – Continental Airlines Arena – WXRK Show
12/04 – Fairfax, VA – The Patriot Center – WHFS Show
12/06 – North Charleston, SC – Center Stage at The Plex
12/07 – Tampa, FL – Ford Amphitheatre – Direct support to Korn
12/08 – Pensacola, FL – Pensacola Civic Center – Direct support to Korn
12/10 – Grand Prairie, TX – Nokia Live – Direct support to Korn
12/11 – San Antonio, TX – Sunset Station
12/12 – Los Angeles, CA – KROQ Show
12/14 – St. Louis, MO – The Pageant
12/15 – Appleton, WI – The Checkered Flag
12/16 – Milwaukee, WI – The Eagles Club
12/17 – Chicago, IL – House of Blues

too bad i cant go! :(

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Asma

Asma

Doctor Asma
Oct 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    hey Serge,maybe you can go and get some pics and all :D

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Ignorant question on my behalf. I've always found the decisions of anyone from Bakersfield, CA rather suspect. However, I never quite fathomed how any self-respecting group of musicians given their music genre could honestly call themselves "Korn".

Maybe I'm taking things too literally and don't get the inside joke. But an alt-metal band adopting a vegetable-with-a-toddler(or Oregonian?)-mispelling moniker??? (I.e., why not "Peez and Kerrots"??)

It borders dangerously close to the ridicule Poison deserved when (as if they weren't bad enough to begin with) they came out with a popular song called "Unskinny Bop". I just could never take Korn seriously and never made it past their name.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    OMG I used to love Korn and theyre here in Boston sometime next week, I kinda want to go but Im not into that music or that lets say, mentality, anymore

I cant see Chevelle either Asma, theyre not coming to Boston, but its not like I would go and see them anyway :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Yeah I wouldn't go to just a Chevelle concert, there must be more bands performing. They are good and all, but not all that great. If the likes of Muse, Modest Mouse, Velvet Revolver, and Incubus were there, then the concert would be worth it. Not to mention going to an all rap concert, with the likes of Eminem, Fabulous, and Kanye West performing. Concerts you can only dream of...

I used to like Korn back in Middle School. The type of music and instrumentation was cool, especially Monkey's 7 string guitar playing and Fieldy's excessively loose string arrangement which would make a rattling sound every time he touches a string. Good music back then, but not so good now.

Greg, do you have a clue what "Korn" actually stands for?

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Not to mention going to an all rap concert, with the likes of Eminem, Fabulous, and Kanye West performing. Concerts you can only dream of...

Hahaha that was in boston two weeks ago. The monster jam or something like that

I want to add that Korn is a really good band live, theyre worth seeing because they sound exactly like they do on the CD and in some songs better

OP
    Asma

Asma

Doctor Asma
    Oct 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
    OMG I used to love Korn and theyre here in Boston sometime next week, I kinda want to go but Im not into that music or that lets say, mentality, anymore

I cant see Chevelle either Asma, theyre not coming to Boston, but its not like I would go and see them anyway :D
    :( lucky you!you live in the States,i would of attended the concert if i were you,but anyways :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)