Charlie Hebdo massacre - 2015-Jan-07 (6 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Meanwhile, Jordanian and Pakistani police have attacked two demonstrations that were protesting the new cartoon of the French newspaper and arrested some of those who took part in them...

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
'Death to blasphemers’: Muslims protest new Charlie Hebdo cartoons across the globe

The new, “survivors” issue of the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo has triggered outrage from Muslim communities all over the world, with worshipers staging protests all week. More are set to take place after traditional Friday prayers.

Pakistani police fired tear gas and used water cannons on protesters in Karachi, with AFP photo journalist injured in the protests.

Earlier on, dozens of Pakistani lawmakers marched near the country’s parliament in Islamabad, calling for "death to blasphemers."

"All political parties are with us… All Muslim countries should condemn these blasphemous cartoons," Pakistani Religious Affairs Minister Sardar Yousaf said, NBC reported.

The Muslim brotherhood in Jordan is preparing to rally in Amman, with spokesman Murad Adaileh saying the group strongly condemned both the killings and the “offensive” against the prophet, AP reported.

Egypt’s top religious institution, the Al Azhar mosque, has expressed its outrage at the magazine’s new cartoon, describing it as a “blatant challenge to the feelings of Muslims who had sympathized with this newspaper,” AP reported.

Despite that, the deputy to the mosque’s grand sheikh, Abbas Shumann, urged the Muslims to ignore the cover, and show tolerance, because anger “will not solve the problem but will instead add to the tension and the offense to Islam.”

Muslims in Aleppo on Thursday marched through the southwestern Syrian city, burning a “Je suis Charlie” poster.

"Mohammed is our leader for ever. We will sacrifice ourselves for you, God's prophet," protesters chanted.

"We are on the street today to support our prophet and to protest against the offensive drawings that Western governments are spreading, while hurting Muslims' feelings all over the world," demonstrator Abu Mudar told AFP.

"These drawings increase enmity, hatred and feelings of hostility among Muslims toward these governments and these countries," he said.

In Lebanon, the Shiite Muslim militant group Hezbollah said the depiction was “a provocation to the feelings of more than 1.5 billion Muslims in the world, and directly contributes to supporting terrorism, fanaticism and extremists.”

Protesters in the Philippines marched in the southern town of Marawi, burning images of the magazine’s new cover.

Organizers stated that “freedom of expression does not extend to insulting the noble and the greatest prophet of Allah,” The Guardian reported.

Turkey was among the few Muslim-majority nations where some media outlets published Charlie Hebdo images, while omitting caricatures that might offend the Muslim population.

However, Turks are split over the publication, with a group of pro-Islamist students organizing a rally outside Cumhuriyet’s office in Ankara, the state-run Anadolu Agency reported.

Security was stepped up outside the newspaper’s headquarters and printing center.

Across Europe, Muslims also protested against the cartoon: for instance, a group of leading UK imams called on worshipers to show their “justified displeasure at the mockery that is made of our faith,” but in a peaceful manner.

A demonstrator holds a banner as others wave Turkish and Islamic flags during a protest against Cumhuriyet, a staunchly secular opposition newspaper, in Istanbul January 15, 2015.(Ruters / Murad Sezer)

Meanwhile, Jordanian and Pakistani police have attacked two demonstrations that were protesting the new cartoon of the French newspaper and arrested some of those who took part in them...
AFP photographer was shot too in Pakistan, during the protests..

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Now, hostages are taken in a post office in Paris, but initial reports say it is for personal reasons and has nothing to do with the previous cases...

- - - Updated - - -

AFP photographer was shot too in Pakistan, during the protests..
The two parties accuse each other of shooting him
http://www.samaa.tv/pakistan/16-Jan-2015/photo-journalist-shot-injured-at-karachi-protest

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Most people who believe in a religion think people who don't believe in their religion are going to hell. At least that's the way it is for christians. Personally I find that more offensive than any cartoon possibly could be. I mean, because I refuse to share your beliefs, you think I should spend eternity in the most awful place possible? If that's not insulting, I don't know what is.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Most people who believe in a religion think people who don't believe in their religion are going to hell. At least that's the way it is for christians. Personally I find that more offensive than any cartoon possibly could be. I mean, because I refuse to share your beliefs, you think I should spend eternity in the most awful place possible? If that's not insulting, I don't know what is.
Yeah but if you don't believe in hell then if anything it should sound hilarious to you no? It's like kids telling me that fat bastard Santa is gonna be coming down my chimney once a year.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yeah but if you don't believe in hell then if anything it should sound hilarious to you no? It's like kids telling me that fat bastard Santa is gonna be coming down my chimney once a year.
Yes, but it's not about hell itself. It's about people believing I deserve it. One cannot help but be a little bit insulted by that, no?

Maybe you are already here?
True that.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Why do you care about their thinking about your destiny?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Why do you care about their thinking about your destiny?
Because, quite frankly, I think it's far more offensive to believe someone deserves eternal damnation than making a funny picture of their Prophet. Can you not understand how I might feel I am undeserving of such a fate?

How can you seriously expect me to be friends if you think I should go to hell?

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Because, quite frankly, I think it's far more offensive to believe someone deserves eternal damnation than making a funny picture of their Prophet. Can you not understand how I might feel I am undeserving of such a fate?

How can you seriously expect me to be friends if you think I should go to hell?
Buuuuuurn baby buuuuuuurn

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Yes, but it's not about hell itself. It's about people believing I deserve it. One cannot help but be a little bit insulted by that, no?

Don't know, I personally only take offense for matters that insult those I love or hold dear, especially if it's a curse which is defamatory and someone saying like 'go to hell' is hardly offensive.

Also whilst I'm no expert on all religions as far as am aware I don't believe any religion says one deserves it unless if he died living an evil and wretched life till his last breath. it's more to do with if you keep following the 'evil' path then it only leads to hell. So whilst a person is alive and has a choice then he still has a chance.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Don't know, I personally only take offense for matters that insult those I love or hold dear, especially if it's a curse which is defamatory and someone saying like 'go to hell' is hardly offensive.

Also whilst I'm no expert on all religions as far as am aware I don't believe any religion says one deserves it unless if he died living an evil and wretched life till his last breath. it's more to do with if you keep following the 'evil' path then it only leads to hell. So whilst a person is alive and has a choice then he still has a chance.

No. In Christianity you can live an evil life, repent and go to heaven. If you live your life as a kind human being and are generous to everyone around you, but do not believe, you cannot ever go to heaven.

- - - Updated - - -

For what it's worth: Belgium is now using the military to control important places (among which the tribunals). No fun, counterproductive and weird if you ask me. In a matter of days the situation has gone from completely silent to a state of siege.

And nothing actually happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)