Charlie Hebdo massacre - 2015-Jan-07 (9 Viewers)

OP
Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #1,241
    That maybe the case if other factors are not valid. For example, if France did not intervene in political issues in the Middle East, I doubt anybody would care to target these cartoonists...
    I disagree. I think some people are using them in Middle East to strengthen the idea of the West vs. Islam.

Just as some in The West use Terrorist Attack comitted by Muslims to strengthen the idea of Islam vs. The West.

Interesting is it that no one gave a fuck about the Danish Muhammed Cartoon until a group of Danish Imams went to The Middle East and cried to influential people around the Countries of the Middle East.

@ReBeL don't you find it ironic, that you don't want the West to interfere with Middle Eastern politics, yet you want to interfere with Western politics?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    It can only come from a sadistic mind :p

Iran's problem is not a strictly religious one. Hijab is hardly even an Islamic thing. Far worse things go on in North Korea, where's religion in their equation? It's very simple-minded to attribute problems of a +70 million country to only one factor.

No because we already have enough of the damn things? :D
    Far worse? How do you know? I guess North Korea is heaven compared to middle east now.. Anyway, I learned to not comment on countries I have no clue about (America's media, won't be my education :) )..

Religion is not the only problem of the world, ignorance or (bad) civilization is, religions play big role in these two..

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    I disagree. I think some people are using them in Middle East to strengthen the idea of the West vs. Islam.

Just as some in The West use Terrorist Attack comitted by Muslims to strengthen the idea of Islam vs. The West.

Interesting is it that no one gave a $#@! about the Danish Muhammed Cartoon until a group of Danish Imams went to The Middle East and cried to influential people around the Countries of the Middle East.

@ReBeL don't you find it ironic, that you don't want the West to interfere with Middle Eastern politics, yet you want to interfere with Western politics?
    I love your question. I believe fully that nobody should interfere in others' business. Now, Western politicians are playing in the Middle Eastern lands since decades. Give me how many cases in the last decade Muslim or Arab countries tried to play inside the Western lands. I'm not talking about individual attacks here or there. I'm talking about organized colonization by Western politicians in the Middle East while no similar act is done by Arab countries...

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    You do. You call it libel.
    Not a limitation. Libel is not a criminal offense. And it's only useful when you slander someone.

You can deny the holocaust all you want in the US and the most that will happen to is people call you crazy and you move to some remote place and build a "compound".

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    One thing I don't understand is, if Muslims can't stands Danes or French people mocking Islam, why they move to these countries? If they are against that kind of culture??

I always wished there were no borders in the world, and people live as one! But that was an immature wish I believe, to be honest I wish if the world is separated to million places, and I wish if I can find a place where no religious freak will be around me.. That's the only way people become happy I am afraid, to live with people who share your thoughts, democracy is a bullshit.

OP
    Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #1,246
    I love your question. I believe fully that nobody should interfere in others' business. Now, Western politicians are playing in the Middle Eastern lands since decades. Give me how many cases in the last decade Muslim or Arab countries tried to play inside the Western lands. I'm not talking about individual attacks here or there. I'm talking about organized colonization by Western politicians in the Middle East while no similar act is done by Arab countries...
    I can't and I will not (in this thread) defend every single thing that the West have done in the Middle East. I personally disagrees with a lot of things.

But you need to realise that "The West" isn't one homogeneous group. Different countries, different actions, different politics. Heck you can't even put The EU under one umbrella.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing I don't understand is, if Muslims can't stands Danes or French people mocking Islam, why they move to these countries? If they are against that kind of culture??

I always wished there were no borders in the world, and people live as one! But that was an immature wish I believe, to be honest I wish if the world is separated to million places, and I wish if I can find a place where no religious freak will be around me.. That's the only way people become happy I am afraid, to live with people who share your thoughts, democracy is a bullshit.
    Most of them (Turks aside) came to Denmark escaping War and dictatorship. Ironic that the greatest Bulwark against what they fled, is now being attacked by (some of) these exact refugees or their kids.

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    I can't and I will not (in this thread) defend every single thing that the West have done in the Middle East. I personally disagrees with a lot of things.

But you need to realise that "The West" isn't one homogeneous group. Different countries, different actions, different politics. Heck you can't even put The EU under one umbrella.
    I know it is not a homogeneous group. When I'm talking about the Western interfering in the Middle East, I for sure mean those countries who take part in this exact operation and of course I'm talking about politicians, not normal people who might refuse that interfering more than I refuse it.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001

- - - Updated - - -

Most of them (Turks aside) came to Denmark escaping War and dictatorship. Ironic that the greatest Bulwark against what they fled, is now being attacked by (some of) these exact refugees or their kids.
    They admire these countries because of life standards, which were built because of the lows, culture and similar things, yet they hate them for the same reasons, for their lows and cultural actions..

It's not just that, Muslim brotherhood and the likes asked help from these same countries to topple their dictators, and when it was done, they turned their back again..

OP
    Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #1,249
    I know it is not a homogeneous group. When I'm talking about the Western interfering in the Middle East, I for sure mean those countries who take part in this exact operation and of course I'm talking about politicians, not normal people who might refuse that interfering more than I refuse it.
    I sympathise a lot with the innocent people of the Middle East - as stated earlier in this thread - I've worked with refugees and I know what it does with people. Saddening.

It's a dilemma to me: "what to do?". On one hand I think it's time for "The West" (especially America) to stay out of business on the other seeing the massacres I can't help but feel that we have a universal responsibility as humans to prevent genocides and to a certain degree ideologies as Islamic State.

I think we have to help, especially when called upon, but I also think that we must realise when the battle is over and there's nothing left for us.

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    I sympathise a lot with the innocent people of the Middle East - as stated earlier in this thread - I've worked with refugees and I know what it does with people. Saddening.

It's a dilemma to me: "what to do?". On one hand I think it's time for "The West" (especially America) to stay out of business on the other seeing the massacres I can't help but feel that we have a universal responsibility as humans to prevent genocides and to a certain degree ideologies as Islamic State.

I think we have to help, especially when called upon, but I also think that we must realise when the battle is over and there's nothing left for us.
    The mere problem is that good people in the West think their governments are doing good for this region, while on ground these politicians are here just to keep all these regimes under their control. They use all the possible ways to do that regardless of the way normal people in the region suffer because they simply don't care.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.mediaite.com/online/bbc-reporter-apologizes-for-poorly-phrased-question-about-jews-palestinian-suffering/

OP
    Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #1,251
    The mere problem is that good people in the West think their governments are doing good for this region, while on ground these politicians are here just to keep all these regimes under their control. They use all the possible ways to do that regardless of the way normal people in the region suffer because they simply don't care.
    Gotta be honest I don't know a lot of people who think we are doing "good" in the region. We are there to protect ourselves against the likes of IS and to prevent a genocide against Kurds and Yazidis.

And we I mean what the population think and feels.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Ban those cartoons, yes. NOTHING valuable comes out of such horrible practices of freedom of speech.
    Cartoons are a valuable tool in exposing how some folks don't deserve to live in modern society. Throw in freedom of speech, and they should be protected at all costs.

That is a great question, Snoop. And the answer to that is because some people are simply leechfuucks.

I always wished there were no borders in the world, and people live as one! But that was an immature wish I believe, to be honest I wish if the world is separated to million places, and I wish if I can find a place where no religious freak will be around me.. That's the only way people become happy I am afraid, to live with people who share your thoughts, democracy is a bull$#@!.
    Borders, language, culture -- these make a strong society.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    The leechfuck thing couldn't be more correct. People who move to a different country and refuse, and I mean straight up refuse, to assimilate might as well go back.

Their "culture" is not more important or precious.

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
    That should definitely include the Hasidic Jews of NY. They pretty much live like "fuck your country and laws".
    We got them too over here, that's kind of fucked up. There's a former hasidic suing the government for not interfering and for the poor education he got as a result.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    The leechfuck thing couldn't be more correct. People who move to a different country and refuse, and I mean straight up refuse, to assimilate might as well go back.

Their "culture" is not more important or precious.
    Kouachi brothers were as French as Sarkozy is. From the moment somebody is granted citizenship, nothing can/should differentiate between him/her and those who've been living there for a longer time. You don't really think that governments are giving away citizenship because those immigrants are cute. There should be a mutually respected host-guest relationship until guests truly feel home (not by forcing their culture) and hosts truly accept them (not by forcing them to give up on their identity). I don't know which side has done a poorer job of building such a relationship.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
    Jan 17, 2011
    It's very valuable for me and humanity! The world should be saved from this poison called religion! That steals your money, takes your power and controls you! I support anything peaceful that fight religions. If there is god indeed, and he is perfect like they call, then don't you think it's pathetic to defend him? kill for him? arrest people for him? wouldn't he punishes us when we die? or we should punish each others for him, because he is pathetic?
    This. :tup:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    I'm going to quote Wikipedia: "The Crusades were military campaigns sanctioned by the Latin Roman Catholic Church during the High Middle Ages and Late Middle Ages. In 1095 Pope Urban II proclaimed the First Crusade with the stated goal of restoring Christian access to holy places in and near Jerusalem.".

About the Roman Catholic Church Wikipedia says: "The Roman Catholic Church is the largest Christian Church.".

About Christianity Wikipedia says: ".Christianity (from the Ancient Greek word Χριστός, Christos, a translation of the Hebrew מָשִׁיחַ, Māšîăḥ, meaning "the anointed one",[1] together with the Latin suffixes -ian and -itas) is an Abrahamic, monotheistic[2] religion based on the life and oral teachings of Jesus of Nazareth as presented in the New Testament.".

About the New Testament Wikipedia says: "The New Testament (Koine Greek: Ἡ Καινὴ Διαθήκη, Hē Kainḕ Diathḗkē) is the second major part of the Christian biblical canon, the first part being the Old Testament, based on the Hebrew Bible".

So are you still going to say that the Crusades had nothing to do with an interpretation of the Bible?
    Until you can tell me the exact words of the Bible that caused Crusades I'll continue to think that the root cause for Crusades wasn't what is written in the Bible but rather the ego of few and sheepness of many.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)