Charlie Hebdo massacre - 2015-Jan-07 (6 Viewers)

OP
Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #821
    There wasn't a single implication on holocaust denial nor hatred howards freedom of speech in my post.
    What's your problem then? Jews?

So everyone who says "freedom of speech" can just go fuck themselves. Hypocrites.
    If someone made caricatures about Jews and holocaust they would be taken care of right away! But when you're insult everyone else it's alright.
    What's your point here?

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP
    Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #824
    Well unlike You I don't think democracy without restrictions and exceptions is any good.
    Neither do I.

I do believe tho that the limits of freedom of speech are very few and that the road that soem (especially the right wing of europe) are going down is very dangerous and a threat towards democracy.

- - - Updated - - -

My problem is hypocrisy and one sided views.

Freedom of speech should apply to everyone, but that is not the case.

Look at the case of the "Egypt Edition", people turn a blind eye to that.
    The World isn't perfect. Hypocrisy will always exist among humans.

Are soem Europeans 'afraid' of criticism towards Israel and our past? Hell, yes. And it's pathetic. The simple fact that Palestine haven't recognise yet by EU is bullshit and sad.

But the great about democracy is that you actually have a possibility to change that. I do know any other system that allows criticism of the Rulers/Government etc.?

Goodfella

Nov 11, 2012
    The World isn't perfect. Hypocrisy will always exist among humans.

Are soem Europeans 'afraid' of criticism towards Israel and our past? Hell, yes. And it's pathetic. The simple fact that Palestine haven't recognise yet by EU is bullshit and sad.
    Why are they afraid? Because if they say something they will be struck down.

And the EU doesn't recognize Palestine because Israel has them in their pocket.

My point is proven and I'm out. Shalom!

OP
    Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #826
    Why are they afraid? Because if they say something they will be struck down.

And the EU doesn't recognize Palestine because Israel has them in their pocket.

My point is proven and I'm out. Shalom!
    Have a good night.

OP
    Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #832
    @Goodfella Jyllands-Posten the newspapers that publicised the first Muhammed-cartoons have publicised antisemitic cartoons as well.

SOOOOOOO how do you liek dem apples?

- - - Updated - - -

A culture of fear in society is the certain path to Dictatorship. If we start giving in to the fear and build society on fear, we will lose our democracy, our freedom and our values.

(Yes, I'm the one who needs to read a book on democracy)

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
    @Goodfella Jyllands-Posten the newspapers that publicised the first Muhammed-cartoons have publicised antisemitic cartoons as well.

SOOOOOOO how do you liek dem apples?

- - - Updated - - -

A culture of fear in society is the certain path to Dictatorship. If we start giving in to the fear and build society on fear, we will lose our democracy, our freedom and our values.

(Yes, I'm the one who needs to read a book on democracy)
    Cultural relativists :disagree;

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    I do have to admit, in Belgium, you tend to be able to mock about pretty much everything. (institute of equal opportunities will go against if its just blatant racism, or if they think it is)...
    ...but not jews. Cause they cause quite the stirr for the smallest word or joke against them. And since we still got that massive stick up our ass from WWII (wich we did nothing anti jew in), they'll usually get their ways.

It transcends in politics. Nobody here dares to speak against Israel when killing palestinians by the hundreths. or when Israel moves the borders again.

Now that freedom of speech is such a hot topic, i hope this makes changes to that situation aswel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)