Charlie Hebdo massacre - 2015-Jan-07 (30 Viewers)

OP
Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #1,062
    An interesting idea to how the West developed as it did was/is our agricultural heritage, livestock and grains.

I remember seeing a fascinating documentary about the theory.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    Give it a read, and explore a bit on the topic. Not saying it's the truth, or anything, I don't know much, but ya, it's always good to have more then one perspective on things.

http://www.philipcoppens.com/egyptgreece.html

Yeah. I studied a bit on this in University history classes. It's pretty clear that the Greeks learned from the Egyptians, but also developed further upon what they learned. It's the same with the Arabs after the Greeks and Romans, through the European Dark Ages. And then the Renaissance in Italy and Europe after that. Not to mention the Chinese and their history and development.

It really is silly to suggest that any one culture is responsible for advances in the human race.

- - - Updated - - -

Can we just all agree that humans all benefit from sharing ideas and wealth?

And quit this pathetic blame game and who had the better civilisation?
    This. Nothing more. Nothing less.

It's fantastic that there are so many vastly different cultures and civilizations on this planet. And interaction between them (at least of the peaceful sort) is a beautiful thing.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
    Yeah. I studied a bit on this in University history classes. It's pretty clear that the Greeks learned from the Egyptians, but also developed further upon what they learned. It's the same with the Arabs after the Greeks and Romans, through the European Dark Ages. And then the Renaissance in Italy and Europe after that. Not to mention the Chinese and their history and development.

It really is silly to suggest that any one culture is responsible for advances in the human race.
    Absolutely. When we get into discussions like these, one of the things that bug me the most is how easily Africa gets brushed away as if it had no contribution, and is the youngest, weakest one around. An item of pity, dare I say. The human mind, is amazing, our potential is immense. To dumb each other down, would be nothing short of suffocating that potential.

OP
    Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #1,074
    Have you seen the Family Guy episode when Brian gives Stewie Herpes? :lol:
    Nope. Is it from one of the latest season? Haven't seen any of the new stuff from 2014.

Family Guy can always make me laugh. Sounds liek a brilliant episode :D

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    :agree:

Although, much of this knowledge came out of Greece to the Muslims, who developed upon it exponentially.

It's kind of fantastic that wine originated in what is now Georgia. It's impossible to find Georgian wine here in Canada. So some day I'll have to go visit that nation.
    Where do you think greece took all the knowledge from? Definitely not from the north or west.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Nope. Is it from one of the latest season? Haven't seen any of the new stuff from 2014.

Family Guy can always make me laugh. Sounds liek a brilliant episode :D
    :lol:

yeah, its from 2014...its on netflix :D

- - - Updated - - -

Nah man, I said I wanted a set of triplets. So one poor woman, will have to go through it. :p

And besides, I'm a monogamist. One is enough.
    haha yes believe me one is enough

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)