Charlie Hebdo massacre - 2015-Jan-07 (5 Viewers)

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
BREAKING NEWS
HOSTAGE SITUATION IN A JEWELERY STORE IN MONTPELLIER, FRANCE - REPORTS
http://rt.com/news/221255-montpellier-jewelery-hostage-france/
Killing of policewoman in Paris linked to Charlie Hebdo attack – reports
http://rt.com/news/221159-paris-shooring-policewoman-killed/
http://rt.com/news/220523-deadly-attack-french-newspaper/
http://rt.com/news/221155-gunfire-paris-vincennes-supermarket/

I think that many muslims will have to leave France sooner or later

Montpellier

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Which means you are against freedom of speech. Which has some very very bad consequences.

In other news, Anonymous has declared war on those responsible for the attack. Hackers waging war on terrorists.

This is the scenario of a postapocalyptic movie.
There is a big difference between being free to speak whatever you want, and insulting others.

Is it ok in Belgium if you keep knocking on the door of your neighbor and insult him 24 hours aday? If you get beaten by that neighbor, you can not tell the police that you were using your freedom of speech.

OP
Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #566
    I don't care if you care or not to be honest. You won't get me back to life anyway. Will you?
    You are pretty much saying the killings are okay because the cartoonist did not respect you and others.

I can turn that around and say it's okay to kill every single person in the middle east that do not respect the western values.

How far do we come with that? When will we ever learn to co-exist?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    There is a big difference between being free to speak whatever you want, and insulting others.

Is it ok in Belgium if you keep knocking on the door of your neighbor and insult him 24 hours aday? If you get beaten by that neighbor, you can not tell the police that you were using your freedom of speech.
    That is not what Charlie Hebdo did. Not even close. You are talking about stalking, which is illegal. Not even the attackers themselves are insane enough to say they were being stalked.

OP
    Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #568

What you are describing is personal harassment. Not fucking freedom of speech :sergio:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    What you are describing is personal harassment. Not fucking freedom of speech :sergio:
    But it is interesting to note though that to him it feels the same. That is.. peculiar, no? Perhaps it feels that way to the attackers too.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
    I love it - it's free to public a books where some crazy person is askings believers to kill jews, infedels, to rape women, to marry young girls, to kill for faith etc. but no, you can't criticize this book and it author because of it just because it will hurt the believers feelings.....:lol:

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014

You can get him arrested and sue his ass for that. If you are offended by cartoons in the paper depicting you or your family, you can sue too. But if he is insulting you by funny pictures of Santa, Thor, Hercules and so on - you can sue too, but it's kinda retarded.

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    Just I see the need to say that I'm not here to fight with anybody. I'm discussing this issue with you to try to know how this can not happen again. I think there are people over this forum that are intelligent enough to make a good discussion. That is it.

OP
    Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #573
    But it is interesting to note though that to him it feels the same. That is.. peculiar, no? Perhaps it feels that way to the attackers too.
    It does feel personal or at least they have been told to feel it's personal.

It's one of the ways they are recruiting terrorist by claiming the west is attacking muslims.

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    You can get him arrested and sue his ass for that. If you are offended by cartoons in the paper depicting you or your family, you can sue too. But if he is insulting you by funny pictures of Santa, Thor, Hercules and so on - you can sue too, but it's kinda retarded.
    Yes, I understand it. But some people may use another approach. That is what these attackers did clearly.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    It does feel personal or at least they have been told to feel it's personal.

It's one of the ways they are recruiting terrorist by claiming the west is attacking muslims.
    It's interesting to read his posts. I think they have given me more insight than anything else so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I understand it. But some people may use another approach. That is what these attackers did clearly.
    You don't understand that in the civilised world you are supposed to be able to take a joke about these things. It's not the 11th century, where we slaughtered people for religion.

OP
    Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #578
    It's so fucking ironic that rebel wants us to respect his values while he refuses to respect ours.

Freedom of Speech is a keystone in any democracy. It's there to ensure as much freedom as possible.

Do people get hurt? Yes. But not one group was singled out by Charlie Hebdo. They ridiculed everyone. Satirical comedy per se.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
    Jan 17, 2011
    Juventino[RUS];4784535 said:
    I love it - it's free to public a books where some crazy person is askings believers to kill jews, infedels, to rape women, to marry young girls, to kill for faith etc. but no, you can't criticize this book and it author because of it just because it will hurt the believers feelings.....:lol:
    Allah will shed human blood while angels praise him in heaven. (The angels question why Allah has to kill people; Allah says they'd understand if they knew everything like he does.) 2:30

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)