[Champions League] Zenit vs JUVENTUS (11/25/08) (8 Viewers)

Who will get in injured in this game?

• Manninger

• Grygera

• Mellberg

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Camoranesi

• Sissoko

• Marchisio

• Nedved

• Iaquinta

• Del Piero

• Chimenti

• Legrottaglie

• De Ceglie

• Rossi

• Amauri

• Marchionni

• Giovinco

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
The result is better then I expected, we we're clearly the better side and we should have won if luck was on our side. Though Zenit was quite poor for a side fighting for their last chance to advance.

Manninger, Chiellini and Mellberg were outstanding.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
How do you know we could have got the same result with the reserves?
If you put 10 or 9 player behind the ball it pretty much gives you a tie... Ranieri obiuosly didnt try to win this one, at least not in the second half of the game... so why dont use the reserves? why risking Del Piero when you have a game against Milan so close?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
do yellow cards in the group stage get carried forward into the knockout rounds? I think they don't right? if they do, then well done Momo but if they don't, WTF :(
I may be wrong, but I think that yellows get wiped after the first knockout round.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
If you put 10 or 9 player behind the ball it pretty much gives you a tie... Ranieri obiuosly didnt try to win this one, at least not in the second half of the game... so why dont use the reserves? why risking Del Piero when you have a game against Milan so close?
yea that's why we had more shots on goal and more shots on target

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Oh yea? We put 10 players behind the ball against Inter and lost. We put 10 players behind the ball against Napoli and lost. We put 9 players behind the ball against Palermo and lost.

A game against Milan close? :howler: It's in at least 2 weeks.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ranieri is simply trying to ruin Giovinco. The game was stacked against us in the second half and we were being outplayed, so what does Ranieri do? He brings on Giovinco again when he knows he won't have any support to help him out there. He either sits on the bench or comes on when the odds are stacked against us and him, or when it's clear he will only make a minimal impact. Isn't that taking a risk that Giovinco will simply lose a lot of confidence by being left stranded out there? I mean, if we want the player to do well and we don't want to "risk" him, why throw him out in the sharks without any help? Makes zero fucking sense to me.

Then these other pointless substitutions... too late to make an impact. Might as well not sub anybody as to prevent disrupting the mediocre chemistry of the team. Bringing on a hapless Marchionni for the last 8 minutes is like waiving the white flag... we surrender, just don't shoot us dead with a goal. Ranieri doesn't make sense, he's a footballing terrorist, an infidel, a deranged old man whom I hate.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Ok, I take it back, Ranieri you are great, hope we can keep like this, and that DP and Nedved dont get tired or inured, after all they are not humans...

Who needs 25 players when you have 11 tireless and injury free players, just play them in all games, we will win like this no matter what

Forza Juve, Forza Ranieri!

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Ranieri is simply trying to ruin Giovinco. The game was stacked against us in the second half and we were being outplayed, so what does Ranieri do? He brings on Giovinco again when he knows he won't have any support to help him out there. He either sits on the bench or comes on when the odds are stacked against us and him, or when it's clear he will only make a minimal impact. Isn't that taking a risk that Giovinco will simply lose a lot of confidence by being left stranded out there? I mean, if we want the player to do well and we don't want to "risk" him, why throw him out in the sharks without any help? Makes zero fucking sense to me.

Then these other pointless substitutions... to late to make an impact. Might as well not sub anybody as to prevent disrupting the mediocre chemistry of the team. Bringing on a hapless Marchionni for the last 8 minutes is like waiving the white flag... we surrender, just don't shoot us dead with a goal. Ranieri doesn't make sense, he's a footballing terrorist, an infidel, a deranged old man whom I hate.
Dont bother Andy, I dont know if you hear but Ranieri is a good coach...

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Ok, I take it back, Ranieri you are great, hope we can keep like this, and that DP and Nedved dont get tired or inured, after all they are not humans...

Who needs 25 players when you have 11 tireless and injury free players, just play them in all games, we will win like this no matter what

Forza Juve, Forza Ranieri!
:lol2: 11 tireless and injury free players? Have you even SEEN the list of players we are missing

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Actually, the only reason why we played with our starters is because these players could have stolen the three points in a game where 0 points are expected. And that would have seen us top the table regardless of any other result in the remaining three matches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)