[Champions League] Zenit vs JUVENTUS (11/25/08) (12 Viewers)

Who will get in injured in this game?

• Manninger

• Grygera

• Mellberg

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Camoranesi

• Sissoko

• Marchisio

• Nedved

• Iaquinta

• Del Piero

• Chimenti

• Legrottaglie

• De Ceglie

• Rossi

• Amauri

• Marchionni

• Giovinco

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 3, 2008
What happens if Sissoko takes a red card tomorrow, will he be suspended against BATE and the YCs cancelled?
Just thinking if Ranieri askes him to take a yellow card and instead Momo makes a red card worthy foul.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Del Piero won us the 1st leg, where Zenit were unlucky to walk away empty handed. I can't see us grabbing 3 pts. Zenit need this game more than we do, and are used to playing in these conditions.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
No Russian rest, urges Ranieri
Monday 24 November, 2008

Juventus Coach Claudio Ranieri won't let his men treat tomorrow's Champions League encounter with Zenit St Petersburg as a meaningless match.

The Old Lady have already booked their place in the last 16, but are determined to bounce back after losing the Derby d'Italia to Inter last weekend.

Zenit can still qualify for the next round if they beat Juve in St Petersburg and Real Madrid fail to see off BATE Borisov.

“We know all about the difficulties that await us,” Ranieri assured journalists.

“We have just lost to Inter and fair play to them, but now we need to be positive and to look forward by trying to get back to winning ways.

“I watched Zenit's last game against Spartak Moscow and I saw a very good team in form who will push us hard to try and reach the last 16.

“We will try and adapt to the low temperature and I will have to consider whether to select certain players, such as Mauro Camoranesi.

“I'm hoping that our bad luck with injuries is over and Cristiano Zanetti and Christian Poulsen are nearly back.

“But I don't think I will change the midfield duo for tomorrow's game.

channel4

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #213
    Alex is ready to move on

Monday 24 November, 2008

Alessandro Del Piero is convinced that Juventus can recover from their Derby d'Italia defeat against Inter.

The Old Lady were beaten 1-0 at San Siro to bring a superb run to an end and leave the Turin side six points behind their old rivals.

Now the Bianconeri must pick themselves up for a trip to Zenit St Petersburg in the Champions League.

“Any result could have happened on Saturday,” Juve skipper Del Piero explained.

“But they were three points that won't prove vital in the outcome of the championship.

“Our objectives haven't changed. We will continue as we were and will be able to repeat the good results that we were getting.”

A magnificent Del Piero free-kick earned the three points when the two sides met in Turin.

“Those kinds of things don't always come off, but luckily it allowed us to get a fundamental win in the home game,” Alex said.

“Obviously I will try and do it again tomorrow, but we are facing good and dangerous opponents.

“Zenit may have struggled in the last part of the season, but they will be tough.”

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #214
    Looks like Ranieri will field this tomorrow according to couple of newspapers

Manninger

Grygera - Mellberg - Chiellini - Molinaro

Camoranesi - Marchisio - Sissoko - De Ceglie

Iaquinta - Giovinco

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
    The three passing geniuses Marchisio, Sissoko and De Ceglie on the same midfield... take Camoranesi out of the game and we will be hoofing long balls on Iaquinta and Giovinco. Sounds like a frustrating evening to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)