[Champions League] Zenit vs JUVENTUS (11/25/08) (4 Viewers)

Who will get in injured in this game?

• Manninger

• Grygera

• Mellberg

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Camoranesi

• Sissoko

• Marchisio

• Nedved

• Iaquinta

• Del Piero

• Chimenti

• Legrottaglie

• De Ceglie

• Rossi

• Amauri

• Marchionni

• Giovinco

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Back to this match.....

Unlike us, Zenit won the Russian derby away to Spartak Moscow (1:3). They were leading 3:0 at HT with 2 goals from Danny and one goal by Pogrebnyak. They took it easy in the second half, with the Juve match on their minds, most probably.

Zenit played with, more or less, the best they have (Malafeev; Lombaerts, Anyukov, Dong-Jin, Krizanac; Denisov, Tymoshchuk, Zyryanov; Danny, Arshavin, Pogrebnyak). I think only Puygrenier and Sirl from the first team didn't play against Spartak.

I checked their official site and there isn't info about injuries, so i guess we can expect the best of Zenit.

I also checked UEFA.com to see if they have suspended players and i found out that Puygrenier (regular CB, who didn't play against Spartak) got a red card against BATE 3 weeks ago and he's suspended for this match. The others are available because no-one has more than 1 YC from the previous 4 matches.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Btw, anyone knows how many YC's result with a suspension? And if someone gets that number of yellow cards in the group stages, does it mean that he'll miss the first match of the second round, or the yellows from the group stages don't count in the knock-outs ?

So far Grygera, Salihamidzic ,Marchisio, Amauri, Mellberg and Legrottaglie have 1 YC each, but Sissoko already has 2 yellow cards.
Does it mean that he'll miss the Zenit-Juve match or the suspension comes after 3 YC's ?

Miki

Jun 18, 2008
Btw, anyone knows how many YC's result with a suspension? And if someone gets that number of yellow cards in the group stages, does it mean that he'll miss the first match of the second round, or the yellows from the group stages don't count in the knock-outs ?

So far Grygera, Salihamidzic ,Marchisio, Amauri, Mellberg and Legrottaglie have 1 YC each, but Sissoko already has 2 yellow cards.
Does it mean that he'll miss the Zenit-Juve match or the suspension comes after 3 YC's ?
Three yellow cards. And I think they count in the knock-outs as well.

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007

Article 21
Yellow and red cards

21.01 As a rule, a player who is sent off the field of play is suspended for the next
match in a UEFA club competition. The Control and Disciplinary Body is
entitled to augment this punishment. For serious offences the punishment
can be extended to all UEFA competition categories.

21.02 In case of repeated cautions, a player is suspended for the next competition
match:
a) after two cautions in two different qualifying matches, as well as after the
fourth caution during the qualifying phase;
b) from the first match in the group stage, after three cautions in three
different matches, as well as following any subsequent odd-numbered
caution (fifth, seventh, ninth, etc.).

21.03 Single yellow cards and pending suspensions are always carried forward
either to the next stage of the competition or to another club competition in
the current season.

21.04 Exceptionally, single cautions from the qualifying phase that have not
resulted in a suspension expire on completion of the qualifying phase in
question.

21.05 Cautions and pending yellow-card suspensions from club competition
matches expire at the end of the season.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I found the answer to my own question.

Players are suspended after 3 yellow cards and after that they are suspended after 2 yellow cards. (5th, 7th, 9th).
Also, yellow cards and pending suspensions are always carried forward to the next stage of the competition.

In other words, when Sissoko gets the 3rd yellow he'll be suspended for the next match, no matter if it's a group match or a knock-out match.

Momo should get a yellow against Zenit so he'd be suspended against Bate and start from 0 YC's in the knock-outs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)