[Champions League] Shakhtar 0-1 JUVENTUS (December 5, 2012) (18 Viewers)

MotM?

• Bonucci

• Chiellini

• Lichtsteiner

• Vidal

• Vucinic

• Giovinco

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I could be wrong, but this is going to be the first time pirlo and pogba start a match together no? Should be very interesting to watch.
I'd prefer if it was against pescara.

We need players that can double mark, make space tight, know how to pressure, anticipate passing and running lines and close those down, recover possession anywere, and win duels

i'd goddamn want marchisio for this. having an invisible game offensively, but destroying all the build up play, doing all the things i mentionned above

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I would suspect that conte will go with a 352: Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Lichsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba, Asamoah, Giovinco, Vucinic. There is a chance that Quags plays instead of Vucinic.

However, I can't help but think (aside from Chiellini's injury).....why after EVERY game this season, Conte went for a 433 against Torino. Perhaps he wanted to trial it against Torino before the game against Shaktar.

One thing for sure, expect Lichsteiner to start instead of Isla. I suspect he will be playing much deeper with Willian around.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Giacherini wouldn't stop running, what's the use of it though.
i'm thinking move asamoah to the 3man mid with pirlo and vidal, and have giac on the leftwingback.

but does he have the tactical awareness ? he should have the tactical knowledge

- - - Updated - - -

I would suspect that conte will go with a 352: Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Lichsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba, Asamoah, Giovinco, Vucinic. There is a chance that Quags plays instead of Vucinic.

However, I can't help but think (aside from Chiellini's injury).....why after EVERY game this season, Conte went for a 433 against Torino. Perhaps he wanted to trial it against Torino before the game against Shaktar.

One thing for sure, expect Lichsteiner to start instead of Isla. I suspect he will be playing much deeper with Willian around.
could be the 4-3-3 is used as secondary formation in case we have trouble with their flankplay

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
It's like that in most English speaking countries unfortunately. Thankfully, ESPN2 here in Aus is showing the game in HD. Apparently they were also going to show Chelsea V Nords, but received a $#@!load of complaints from viewers.
I wish that was the case here in Canada fucking Sportsnet (our main sports broadcaster) is showing chelsea-nords. Juve is going to be showed but on tape delay on a specialty channel which costs $20 a month( Obviously I have it) at wont be on till 6pm my time so 6 hours after kick off time. Stream it is.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
Start Giovinco, give them someone to worry about, someone they have to track. Same way we will with Willian and co. Vucinic can be stagnate at times, matri is perfect but his current form would mean endless wasted chances.

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
I'd prefer if it was against pescara.

We need players that can double mark, make space tight, know how to pressure, anticipate passing and running lines and close those down, recover possession anywere, and win duels

i'd goddamn want marchisio for this. having an invisible game offensively, but destroying all the build up play, doing all the things i mentionned above
Obviously Pogba's experience is limited due to his age, he might not have the anticipation that marchisio has but dont kid yourself hes a good player very physical and has lungs, legs and confident to boot so lets have faith and not say of i wish this i wish that. we all know in long tournaments ppl are going to get injured or suspended. Faith peeps. Have faith Shaktar are good, very good but dont make them seem like they are barcelona or imo dortmund. scary game but we have players more then capable in winning and at the very least scraping a draw. Not saying your thinking the worst Zach just implementing some faith :D

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Obviously Pogba's experience is limited due to his age, he might not have the anticipation that marchisio has but dont kid yourself hes a good player very physical and has lungs, legs and confident to boot so lets have faith and not say of i wish this i wish that. we all know in long tournaments ppl are going to get injured or suspended. Faith peeps. Have faith Shaktar are good, very good but dont make them seem like they are barcelona or imo dortmund. scary game but we have players more then capable in winning and at the very least scraping a draw. Not saying your thinking the worst Zach just implementing some faith :D
The problem is that we are comparing Pogba to Marchisio here, and not the average italian top team cm.

Marchisio has brilliant tactical vision, knowledge, anticipation and movement. he uses this to disrupt buildup play, close passing routes, close player runs, recover balls.

While pogba is very good at that considering his age, its no were near marchisio, who's tactical awareness is simply worldclass. its what makes him such good cm.

Pogba has one thing that goes for him that marchisio doesnt have. he's likely going to win, SO MANY HEADERS.

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
The problem is that we are comparing Pogba to Marchisio here, and not the average italian top team cm.

Marchisio has brilliant tactical vision, knowledge, anticipation and movement. he uses this to disrupt buildup play, close passing routes, close player runs, recover balls.

While pogba is very good at that considering his age, its no were near marchisio, who's tactical awareness is simply worldclass. its what makes him such good cm.

Pogba has one thing that goes for him that marchisio doesnt have. he's likely going to win, SO MANY HEADERS.
Completely agree and I know Pogba is not a Marchisio type player but unfortunately we knew one day this situation was going to happen and I have complete confidence in Pogba. But again i do agree but I dont think we are weaker just need to tinker the tactical play in the middle a bit.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
one thing i think about is

we used to have this nigerian player at our team 10 years ago. doesnt matter how long he was allready here, he was very cold, each winter.

So those brazillians from shaktar, sure they saw a winter or two there, but have they adapted to it ?

Here in turin, winters get pretty cold to, and most are used to it

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Now that its official...Gio should start...he has been the better player.

It's not even January yet.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
Pogba's long range shots might save our ass! COME onnnn PAUL!

p.s. We might need to get our last year's magic, when we managed to get 15 draws from 38 games!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)