[Champions League] JUVENTUS vs Bate (12/10/08) (1 Viewer)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
a draw will be enough... rest some player for the milan match. chiellini, melberg neddy and amauri should rest.
I have this feeling that even if we lose at home from Bate, we'll still win the first place.
Real are in pathetic form, 3 days after the match against Zenit they will play against Barcelona and they don't expect Bate to beat us so they'll probably play with their B squad (dunno if the B squad can be any worse than the A team, though).

Zenit play for nothing, concerning the standings, but i'm sure that every team will give 100% at Bernabeu, no matter if points are needed or not.

There is a very strong chance that Real won't beat Zenit and in that case we won't even need a draw against Bate.

Of course, we shouldn't rely on Zenit taking pts from Madrid so we should play to beat Bate.

Also, the Russian league ended 9 days ago and i read that Zenit are preparing for this match like it's a decisive one.
Most probably Arshavin will play his last match for Zenit and it's going to be an emotional match for him.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Question is if Ranieri will dare putting Giovinco on the flank or if he will keep playing him in attack.

Think he will play Del Piero in this game, though. And he isn't able to put Giovinco on the bench either. Has to be on the wing.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #51
    Question is if Ranieri will dare putting Giovinco on the flank or if he will keep playing him in attack.

Think he will play Del Piero in this game, though. And he isn't able to put Giovinco on the bench either. Has to be on the wing.
    There's a chance though that Ale starts on the bench and get some minutes time in the 2nd half as a warm-up for the Milan match.

If only Claudio can try the 4-3-3. This is our best chance to try it with Gio joining Iaquinta and Ale upfront and not as a midfielder.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
    a draw will be enough... rest some player for the milan match. chiellini, melberg neddy and amauri should rest.
    Actually, I think we should go for a win here because you get some points in that overall Uefa list. This year when we entered the competition there was potential risk that we would be in pot 3 for the group stage draw. But Atletico defeted Schalke and we made it to pot 2.
    We need to recover these points as quickly as possible. Team like Lyon is in pot 1 :shifty: and thats just stupid.
    You have to play some first team players anyway and you have Gio on fire so why not go for a win. 1-0 is my prediction.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
    There's a chance though that Ale starts on the bench and get some minutes time in the 2nd half as a warm-up for the Milan match.

If only Claudio can try the 4-3-3. This is our best chance to try it with Gio joining Iaquinta and Ale upfront and not as a midfielder.
    That would be beautiful, but we don't have the midfield for it. Would require us to play Nedved who deserves a rest more than anyone before the Milan game.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
    Manninger
    Grygera Mellberg Chiellini De Ceglie
    Rossi Marchisio Zanetti Giovinco
    Iaquinta Del Piero
    Beliave me you want see two pocket size players on the flanks as long as Ranieri is the coach. Not even if we had already booked our place in last 16.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
    Beliave me you want see two pocket size players on the flanks as long as Ranieri is the coach. Not even if we had already booked our place in last 16.
    He did play a midfield consisting of Giovinco, Camoranesi, Sissoko and Nedved away against Bate. Playing both Marchisio and Zanetti in the middle gives us enough stability to use our midgets on the flanks.

Especially since it's a more or less unimportant game at home.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
    He did play a midfield consisting of Giovinco, Camoranesi, Sissoko and Nedved away against Bate. Playing both Marchisio and Zanetti in the middle gives us enough stability to use our midgets on the flanks.

Especially since it's a more or less unimportant game at home.
    Yeah I would like to see that to, as it would give Pavel some much deserved rest. Both of these guys are talented and it's not like we would be any weaker in that department. But the thing is Ranieri doesnt have trust in these two boys; he thinks they cant provide anything defensivly and that is just stupid. I saw Gio many times recovering a lost ball and it's not like he is acting like a star or anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)