[Champions League] JUVENTUS vs Bate (12/10/08) (1 Viewer)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Only want to avoid Chelsea. The rest, let them come. Even Arsenal because seeing them this season, would could to a Real against them without much fuss, because their midfield is equally as weak (but they are quicker then Real), but with the added bonus of that they are horrid set pieces, and generally leave space at the back.
On their left side? :cool:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
it doesnt matter who we play. If we bring a gaime like the one against Madrid, we are through. Otherwise, we focus on Calcio.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #343
    I loved Ale's backheel pass to Marco, then Marco crossing it to Ale who was about to score one of the most beautiful goals in the tournament.... too bad.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    It was an ugly match where we squandered chances to score and couldn't really break down BATE's midfield like we probably should. The service was once again lacking, a reoccurring theme as most of us know, so our strikers should have had more chances only to miss. The defense allowed BATE to create a few chances, and they probably should have had a penalty with the Mellberg handball. At least we earned the draw though and will have home field advantage in the following round.

Manninger - Solid like usual. 7

Grygera - Not the most solid display. 6

Mellberg - Doesn't really instill confidence. 5.5

Legrottaglie - Did well back there as the leader. 6.5

Marchionni - Had a couple good crosses during the match, but he honestly doesn't add anything offensively OR defensively. Squandered yet another chance in front of goal. 4.5

Zanetti - Good to have him back and made decent passes, but he still has a ways to go to regain last season's form. 6

Nedved - Usual display by him, but he needs a rest FFS. 6

De Ceglie - Plays better as a left-back. 5.5

Amauri - Average match. 6.5

Giovinco - Made a few neat moves, showed a little strength out there to combat those who believes he's not strong enough to be fielded on a regular basis, but unfortunately he missed the penalty. Don't worry about it bro, it happens. 6.5
    I pretty much agree with this.....I thought we played worst than Andy stated, tbh

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    On their left side? :cool:
    Mainly CBs because they have no DMs to cover for them (Kolo doesnt know what positioning means, and Gallas does too many brainfarts often). Their fullbacks are their strenght and rock solid defenders, but that shouldnt matter for us, because our wingers are horrible anyways (when Camo is gone).

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I agree with everything, apart from the Atletico comment.
    I think chances will be 60-40 in our favour but we will definitely have problems with them.

Oh, and Arsenal WILL give us problems with their speed.
    Yeah, should have said will.

Atletico plays a similar style to Real but with less quality, typical Spanish style of play that we have seen before. We just cannot take them lightly as they will of course be the underdogs.

Geof

May 14, 2004
    I don't care about tonight's match. We're on top of the group, that's what counts.

Regarding the draw, it's obvious we need to avoid the EPL sides. Arsenal would be a pain in the ass, but I believe we would be favourite (well not for Andy Gray of course). Regarding Chelsea, I'd be genuinely scared; they'd be favourite that's for sure.

The other teams we should be able to beat. Lyon is, I believe, not as strong as before, Atletico is solid and have shown great motivation, Villareal and Sporting are the clear underdogs and we don't want to be the victim of this year's surprise package, do we?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)