[Champions League] JUVENTUS 3-0 Chelsea (November 20, 2012) (47 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Buffon

• Barzagli

• Chiellini

• Lichtsteiner

• Vidal

• Quagliarella

• Giovinco

Results are only viewable after voting.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I pretty much agree. Huge dick move, but not against any rule. Anything other than some sort of internal punishment should be out of bounds.
He didn't break a written rule. But he did violate one of the gentlemen's agreements of how the game is played. Unless we expect correction to happen by opponents beating him with bars of soap in socks in the parking lot as he gets into his car, there should be more civil ways of enforcing the norms and mores of civil soccer society -- assuming nobody prefers to live in an obnoxious world where everything has to be written down to handle the few dickheads who cannot figure it out.

Otherwise, all that Fair Play lip service is bullcrap.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
All we need is for someone to pull this bullcrap when it matters in a big finals match with big money riding on it. Essentially, doing nothing would be the same as inviting any team to pull that stunt.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
He didn't break a written rule. But he did violate one of the gentlemen's agreements of how the game is played. Unless we expect correction to happen by opponents beating him with bars of soap in socks in the parking lot as he gets into his car, there should be more civil ways of enforcing the norms and mores of civil soccer society -- assuming nobody prefers to live in an obnoxious world where everything has to be written down to handle the few dickheads who cannot figure it out.

Otherwise, all that Fair Play lip service is bullcrap.
Is it not already?

- - - Updated - - -

And what rule did Suarez break by calling Evra negrito? Anyways, UEFA is the company that owns these guys and can see to punish them the way they see fit if they misrepresent the company.
The FA have some sort of rule regarding verbal abuse.

- - - Updated - - -

All we need is for someone to pull this bullcrap when it matters in a big finals match with big money riding on it. Essentially, doing nothing would be the same as inviting any team to pull that stunt.
I'm all for fining the club, but I don't think you can suspend the individual for being an asshole. Did Henry get banned or fined for his hand ball?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'm all for fining the club, but I don't think you can suspend the individual for being an asshole. Did Henry get banned or fined for his hand ball?
There's a huge difference in the fair play violations of Henry and Adriano. In Henry's case, he was getting away with something that the refs couldn't see and did out of their accurate view. If they caught him, there would have been clear repercussions: a written rule was being violated with well-defined penalties as recourses.

In Adriano's case, it was brazen and every ref saw it and could only watch.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
There's a huge difference in the fair play violations of Henry and Adriano. In Henry's case, he was getting away with something that the refs couldn't see and did out of their accurate view. If they caught him, there would have been clear repercussions.

In Adriano's case, he didn't actually break a rule. Henry did. People get banned after-the-fact for diving all of the time.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
In Adriano's case, he didn't actually break a rule. Henry did. People get banned after-the-fact for diving all of the time.
That's why they couldn't step in and enforce. So you either you have to make it a formal rule or not.

I really don't want to be watching a CL final with the players pulling trick plays whenever there's an injury. :pado:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yeah, I don't know any females that would cry because of a football game. I can't think of anyone to be honest. Maybe Janna would, but I'm not really sure if she counts as a female?

Hey come on, in 2003 i reunited with some juventini here in my country, and the girl who invited me (who was a member of Tuz in that time), was totally heartbroken when we lost against milan in the Final, to the point i was doing my best to make her stop crying but she almost made me cry too.

Oh gosh that day was horrid.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
That's why they couldn't step in and enforce. So you either you have to make it a formal rule or not.

I really don't want to be watching a CL final with the players pulling trick plays whenever there's an injury. :pado:
Me either, which is why I think they need to create a rule (for players) and fine the club for the incident, like they would if it were a monkey chant (as it is a sportsmanship issue).

Aug 1, 2003
Hey come on, in 2003 i reunited with some juventini here in my country, and the girl who invited me (who was a member of Tuz in that time), was totally heartbroken when we lost against milan in the Final, to the point i was doing my best to make her stop crying but she almost made me cry too.

Oh gosh that day was horrid.
I was at the stadium itself crying. At the grocery store later that night an English bloke asked me if I was alright as all the paint was running off my face :D

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a bit nervous with all this hype, I hope the team won't flunk it at donestk

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
as for shakhtar, teams have gotten fined for less due to unsportsmanlike behavior. i remember one team getting fined for playing their reserves. was in england i think, they still got a draw but apparently they weren't taking the competition seriously. also real madrid got fined a couple years ago because alonso and another player got intentional yellows so they'd miss the next game and have a clean slate for the knockout rounds. if those were worthy of fines, so is this.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
OK, I admit I was trolling :D

I don't think there would be any phone calls (even from a public land line :D) to set up the game but expect both teams to have a very cautious approach, which would naturally lead to a rather uneventful game and 0-0 is indeed a possibility. One goal for any of the two sides would obviously chnage everything and open up the game, especially if Shakter were to score first but until, if at all, that first goal comes, I don't think either of the two teams would take many risks to win the game.
In short, a 0-0 draw is a very likely result due to how the teams would likely approach the game and not because of any under the table dealings ... although rest assured if it ends 0-0 or 1-1 they will be a lot of finger-pointing going around.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Food for thought.

Was this our best moment in the CL since thrasing Real Madrid 3-1 in 2003? Or were the two Del Piero show games in 2008 better?
In 2008 we still hadn't felt the full effects of Calciopoli, finishing 2nd and still feeling like we might make a very speedy recovery.

I'd say this is bigger, because there's a lot more catharsis involved after the painful few years we've been through.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
He is definitely a piece of garbage, but what rule did he break?

This sort of arbitrary punishment not constituted by the laws of anything really are a major problem these days.
Although I agree he was a major asshole, but to punish him would be stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a huge difference in the fair play violations of Henry and Adriano. In Henry's case, he was getting away with something that the refs couldn't see and did out of their accurate view. If they caught him, there would have been clear repercussions: a written rule was being violated with well-defined penalties as recourses.

But that would mean cheating and getting cought later is ok and not punishable, I would say it would be better to punish people for sneaky cheating then this.

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't want to watch CL finals seeing how players constantly braking fair play rules by roling around without any contact, but I don't see them getting punished for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)