[Champions League] JUVENTUS 3-0 Chelsea (November 20, 2012) (73 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Buffon

• Barzagli

• Chiellini

• Lichtsteiner

• Vidal

• Quagliarella

• Giovinco

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I thought Luiz was decent actually. His passing was good. Mikel and Ramires were woeful.
Didn't think Ramires was too bad. He almost held Chelsea's midfield together while Mikel was doing nothing as per usual.

Luiz made the key mistake for Juve's second goal. He never should have allowed Vucinic to turn so easily and get out of that corner.

The norwegian commentators were spot on when it comes to Chelsea's defence (bar Terry), I think:

"The Chelsea defenders are good footballers, but not good defenders."
Ivanovic is a good defender and their best CB, in my book.

Don't see why they won't play him there.

Any thoughts on who will take his place in the Shaktar match? Will Pogba be given another chance? Isla? I don't think Pepe is suited to play in that position but maybe he comes on as a sub later in the match.
Giaccherini is normally Marchisio's replacement.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Anyone else in the UK or Ireland watch this on ITV last night happen to hear Andy Townsend say "go on Torres" when he had the ball in Juve's box with about two minutes to play, supposed to be impartial, my arse!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Didn't think Ramires was too bad. He almost held Chelsea's midfield together while Mikel was doing nothing as per usual.
Mikel is awful, I don't know why anyone rates him. He's so frustratingly static e.g. during Vidal's goal he barely moves from his position and just watches it all unfold.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Don't see how Chiellini couldn't be everyones MOM. An almost perfect performance from him barring his poor crosses and passing around the box. His defensive work, for me is as beautiful to watch as Del Piero or Pirlo at their best.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Don't think they even go for the pretence of impartiality any more.
I guess it's pointless to question their professionalism when they have people like Adrian Chiles doing punditry.
Don't see how Chiellini couldn't be everyones MOM. An almost perfect performance from him barring his poor crosses and passing around the box. His defensive work, for me is as beautiful to watch as Del Piero or Pirlo at their best.
I meant to select Giorgio for MOM but my chubby thumb clicked Barzagli by accident :D

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Shakhtar Donetsk forward Luiz Adriano has been charged by Uefa for disrespecting Champions League opponent Nordsjaelland by scoring an uncontested goal after a drop ball.

Uefa says it opened a disciplinary case against Luiz Adriano for "violation of the principles of conduct" in Tuesday's match in Denmark.

The case will be judged next Tuesday. The controversy followed a stoppage in play when a Nordsjaelland player was injured.

Luiz Adriano infuriated Nordsjaelland players and fans by racing to collect team-mate Willian's kick downfield intended for the home goalkeeper.

BBC

Don't know how that's likely to go.

One would normally expect a fine, but wouldn't surprise me if UEFA want to make an example of him and set a precedent.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If not mentioned already, here's an interesting fact that makes a Juventino proud.

After Abramovich bought Chelsea (and until yesterday), they played exactly 106 matches in CL. Not even once did they lose a match by more than 2 goals. Yesterday was the first time. In Abramovich's 107th match in CL, Juve yesterday was the first team that defeated his Chelsea by more than 2 goals :touched:
While this might not be the most painful defeat or result for Roman's Chelsea in the CL, it's surely the biggest defeat.

PiN7uRiCCHi0

Aug 18, 2010
Aimed? It's a statement. Therefore it's no more aimed at you (or anybody else) then saying "Italians sure love pasta." :wth:

Believe it or not, the world isn't always talking about you. ;)

Serie A sucks ballz in this tourney, and nobody has made a show like Juve yet.
Hey, relax. Your post seemed to me sort of like a response to mine. No need to be taking it so seriously.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
We played a good game yesterday.
RDM did play a bad tactic but I think sacking him was a mistake
Chelsea could be a force in the Premier League should they get a good striker! Torres is not himself anymore and someone like Falcao can do wonders! They clearly have the money...

Anyway who cares we won and thats their problem!
Now lets put in a fight in Ukraine and qualify

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,097
    Chelsea could be a force in the Premier League should they get a good striker! Torres is not himself anymore and someone like Falcao can do wonders! They clearly have the money...

And qualify as group winners.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    If not mentioned already, here's an interesting fact that makes a Juventino proud.

After Abramovich bought Chelsea (and until yesterday), they played exactly 106 matches in CL. Not even once did they lose a match by more than 2 goals. Yesterday was the first time. In Abramovich's 107th match in CL, Juve yesterday was the first team that defeated his Chelsea by more than 2 goals :touched:
    While this might not be the most painful defeat or result for Roman's Chelsea in the CL, it's surely the biggest defeat.
    made a chelsea fan at work cry today as i walked into the office loud and proud in my Juve shirt :touched:

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011

Someone like Falcao can do wonders in any team not just in Chel$ki

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Shakhtar Donetsk forward Luiz Adriano has been charged by Uefa for disrespecting Champions League opponent Nordsjaelland by scoring an uncontested goal after a drop ball.

Uefa says it opened a disciplinary case against Luiz Adriano for "violation of the principles of conduct" in Tuesday's match in Denmark.

The case will be judged next Tuesday. The controversy followed a stoppage in play when a Nordsjaelland player was injured.

Luiz Adriano infuriated Nordsjaelland players and fans by racing to collect team-mate Willian's kick downfield intended for the home goalkeeper.

BBC

Don't know how that's likely to go.

One would normally expect a fine, but wouldn't surprise me if UEFA want to make an example of him and set a precedent.
    He deserves the UEFA Dick of the Year award for that. I do hope they make an example out of him. Otherwise all this "Fair Play" talk is just lip service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)