[Champions League] JUVENTUS 3-0 Chelsea (November 20, 2012) (83 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Buffon

• Barzagli

• Chiellini

• Lichtsteiner

• Vidal

• Quagliarella

• Giovinco

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Shakhtar have 3 players on 2 yellows. Two defenders and Luiz Adriano.

They certainly won't rest players. They have a huge lead in the domestic league and the winter break for them in Ukraine starts 3 days before they face us. I'm sure they'll go for the win, although I can't exclude the possibility that their secured qualification will make them a bit complacent and they won't give 100% in every duel, for every ball.

May 27, 2008
I know Lucescu from my own country league (coached Beşiktaş and Galatasaray)

He will surely go for a draw and rest his players, he always has a conservative approach when it comes to the cup matches...

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008

They certainly won't rest players. They have a huge lead in the domestic league and the winter breaks for them in Ukraine starts 3 days before they face us. I'm sure they'll go for the win, although I can't exclude the possibility that their secured qualification will make them a bit complacent and they won't give 100% in every duel, for every ball.
We need to play damn well to get something, it's far from over.

Inglip

Jul 29, 2011

They certainly won't rest players. They have a huge lead in the domestic league and the winter breaks for them in Ukraine starts 3 days before they face us. I'm sure they'll go for the win, although I can't exclude the possibility that their secured qualification will make them a bit complacent and they won't give 100% in every duel, for every ball.
Relax dude, we wont lose
Is marchisio suspended?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Good performance overall.

First half was pretty ropey.

Juve's desire to press was good, but the combination of Barzagli often moving very high up to press combined with Pirlo moving forward to try and find space left Juve vulnerable to counter-attacks. That was made worse with a couple of poor give-aways in dangerous situations.

The second half was excellent, though.

Really a dominant, commanding display.

Chelsea were never given a chance and Juve should have scored more goals than they did.

Chelsea's central midfield isn't strong enough to win games against good teams. They are consistently overrun in that area of the pitch when they come up against strong sides.

Their decision to not play with a CF also helped Juve, as Chelsea had no-one to hold the ball up and relieve pressure. That meant Juve were able to be really aggressive, win the ball back early and attack almost continuously up to the second goal

Chiellini was awesome.

Mauri84

Sep 11, 2011
It doesn't matter that Shaktar players have yellow cards cause after the first round the cards get deleted anyway..i do think Shaktar will rest some players..we must play to win but guys...

let's just enjoy this oldscool victory over a European giant:scarf:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
It doesn't matter that Shaktar players have yellow cards cause after the first round the cards get deleted anyway..i do think Shaktar will rest some players..we must play to win but guys...
The outstanding cards get erased but suspensions earned in the last round of the group stage stand.

PiN7uRiCCHi0

Aug 18, 2010
Voted Kiello. He was in full beast mode tonight.
Voted Giorgio as well.

Vidal is the obvious choice of course but I think Chiello's contribution was invaluable as well. Players like him, battling for every ball with aggression and determination are often quite an inspiration for the rest of the team. A true leader behaviour.

To be honest there was a lot to like about this team tonight - Stephan giving his all down the right, Marchisio's magnificent play in the middle, Mirko's hold- and link-up play, Quag's instinct of a true poacher scoring the crucial first goal of the game etc..

Perfect game from Juventus. Congratulations goes to all the Juventini around the world. A historic win.

Satchy

Nov 4, 2004
Goals & Zuliani. God, I love that insane mofo.
[video=metacafe;9422459/juventus_chelsea_3_0_zuliani/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9422459/juventus_chelsea_3_0_zuliani/[/video]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 82)