[Champions League] JUVENTUS 1-1 Bordeaux (Sep. 15th 2009) (46 Viewers)

Juve - Bordeaux [CL Group Round 1] - Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Caceres

• Legrottaglie

• Cannavaro

• Grosso

• Melo

• Marchisio

• Tiago

• Giovinco

• Amauri

• Iaquinta

• Zebina

• Camoranesi

• Poulsen

• The wet pitch

Results are only viewable after voting.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
Alen, my first point on the match was that if Diego is unavailable, we need a pure finisher or poacher in the team, like Trezeguet. If we don't have a scoring threat or midfield support at the top of the box, then that means we need to finish our crosses in the box. Yak and Amauri miss too many of them.
while amauri is a better finisher than vinny, vinny gets himself into more goal scoring positions during the game.

when people who have not seen amauri play ask me what is he like i say he is a replica of drogba but not as clinical a finisher.

Sep 1, 2002
Alen, my first point on the match was that if Diego is unavailable, we need a pure finisher or poacher in the team, like Trezeguet. If we don't have a scoring threat or midfield support at the top of the box, then that means we need to finish our crosses in the box. Yak and Amauri miss too many of them.
True, but from who are the quality crosses going to come from?

There is little quality on the wings.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
It seems as plain as the nose on my face, and noses run in my family, that Gio is not big enough to fill Diego's boots.
aren't you too harsh on the little man?...he gave an assist. He ain't diego but at this time when dp is missed so in 2 positions what can you do. I liked the way gio played given the circumstances of an out-runned midfield.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
I still don't see why people think he's something so great. Maybe I'm missing something.
Because he is Italian and a Juventus youth product, we here at Juventuz get blinded by the Juventus lights. Marchisio is not a promising youngster anymore. He has to deliver the goods like last season or he gets dropped. I still think we need a true winger in our 3 man midfield.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Yeah, but we shouldn't be conceding the midfield with these players in the team, especially Melo.
Absolutely, but you can't stick with a system if the players aren't performing and that is wrecking the whole game plan.

You need to react to the situation and do what is necessary.

I'm not really criticising Ferrara for any of this because what it comes down to is that the players underperformed. Very tough for a coach to win in the CL when that happens and you also don't get the rub of the green.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
I still don't see why people think he's something so great. Maybe I'm missing something.
marchisio is quite similar to de rossi without the long shots or darren fletcher without the dominant aerial presence, good at most aspects of the game without been brillinat at any, a never say die attitude and runs himself into the ground for the team

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
Because he is Italian and a Juventus youth product, we here at Juventuz get blinded by the Juventus lights. Marchisio is not a promising youngster anymore. He has to deliver the goods like last season or he gets dropped. I still think we need a true winger in our 3 man midfield.
marchisio has been head and sholders above a very poor camo this season he is the one who really needs to find some form he missed the majority of last season through injury he needs to stop living off his reputation and produce some good displays and earn his substantial wages

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
marchisio has been head and sholders above a very poor camo this season he is the one who really needs to find some form he missed the majority of last season through injury he needs to stop living off his reputation and produce some good displays and earn his substantial wages
I was not talking about how bad Camo has been. I was talking how bad Marchisio has been.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Ok, I agree we were bad and made lots of mistakes and were lame in our last decision but our team is actually missing Chiellini, Sissoko, Diego and Del Piero.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Ok, I agree we were bad and made lots of mistakes and were lame in our last decision but our team is actually missing Chiellini, Sissoko, Diego and Del Piero.
Diego and Del Piero are our main creative links. I will moan about the team when we have a full fit team out there. Until then I will not comment.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
I was not talking about how bad Camo has been. I was talking how bad Marchisio has been.
Yes i know that i can read english, i was just adding that he deserves to be in the team ahead of camo on current form given that momo is injured.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
marchisio was one of the best if not the best players out against lazio

do you realise he and melo played 3 games in like a week and half?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)