[Champions League] JUVENTUS 1-1 Bordeaux (Sep. 15th 2009) (35 Viewers)

Juve - Bordeaux [CL Group Round 1] - Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Caceres

• Legrottaglie

• Cannavaro

• Grosso

• Melo

• Marchisio

• Tiago

• Giovinco

• Amauri

• Iaquinta

• Zebina

• Camoranesi

• Poulsen

• The wet pitch

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sep 1, 2002
Anyway, i think that our starting XI on this match really isn't a starting XI of a team worthy of a 1/4 final or more. I mean, seriously, is a Caceres-Canna-Legro-Grosso defense a world class one? Is a Tiago-Melo-Marchisio a WC midfield? Iaquinta-Amauri?

This team can beat teams like Bordeaux, but not many will be surprised if such starting XI fails to beat Bordeaux.

I see that we were destroyed on the flanks. That's the weakness of the 4-3-1-2. Against teams with good wingers, the 4-4-2 is needed. Bordeaux has 5 men in midfield so they easily match our 3 CMs and plus they have the wingers with lots of space.
I really hope that Ferrara won't stubbornly go with the 4-3-1-2 no matter who we play against. Ok, if Diego's playing then we'll have to adapt to his needs, but when Diego isn't here then we should set the tactics according to the opponent.
It didn't need a genius to see that if the middle of the field is clogged, then Juve doesn't have the weapons to open up the play to attack on the wings.

We'll see a lot of sides using this tactic.

Buy on AliExpress.com

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
Anyway, i think that our starting XI on this match really isn't a starting XI of a team worthy of a 1/4 final or more. I mean, seriously, is a Caceres-Canna-Legro-Grosso defense a world class one? Is a Tiago-Melo-Marchisio a WC midfield? Iaquinta-Amauri?

This team can beat teams like Bordeaux, but not many will be surprised if such starting XI fails to beat Bordeaux.

I see that we were destroyed on the flanks. That's the weakness of the 4-3-1-2. Against teams with good wingers, the 4-4-2 is needed. Bordeaux has 5 men in midfield so they easily match our 3 CMs and plus they have the wingers with lots of space.
I really hope that Ferrara won't stubbornly go with the 4-3-1-2 no matter who we play against. Ok, if Diego's playing then we'll have to adapt to his needs, but when Diego isn't here then we should set the tactics according to the opponent.
Thank u, Alen. finally someone who understand football!!!

+REP

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I thought we possibly should have matched up to Bordeaux shape after about 20 minutes.

We could have tightened up the midfield three and put Giovinco and Iaquinta on the flanks with Amauri alone up front.
Yeah, that could have worked.
It was going to spread the play more, give the needed space to Giovinco, and we could've been more dangerous.
It wasn't gonna help our defense though. Our fullbacks were gonna have even less support while defending vs their wingers.

From the way we played in the first half , (God forgive me), i think we were missing Capello's and Ranieri's boring 4-4-2. :scared:

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
That's the thing. You don't have a point. The result is still the same and Marchisio SHOULD have scored, just like Yak should have had more than one goal.

That's not unlucky, that's poor shooting.

End of.

to hit the post with an absolute screamer from distance is unlucky but to hit the bar with the goal at your mercy is as bad as hitting it wide as it is off target and just poor finishing i am with andy on this one:agree:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
well, i would not blame ferrara, the 4-3-1-2 would have worked if gio and the other wreent so off today, specially Gio.

I would give him a go againmst livorno again... and start trezeguet instead of IQ to see what happens.

If gio fails to deliver again against livorno, then we should start searching a formation without Diego.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It was going to spread the play more, give the needed space to Giovinco, and we could've been more dangerous.
It wasn't gonna help our defense though. Our fullbacks were gonna have even less support while defending vs their wingers.

From the way we played in the first half , (God forgive me), i think we were missing Capello's and Ranieri's boring 4-4-2. :scared:
Alen, my first point on the match was that if Diego is unavailable, we need a pure finisher or poacher in the team, like Trezeguet. If we don't have a scoring threat or midfield support at the top of the box, then that means we need to finish our crosses in the box. Yak and Amauri miss too many of them.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

4-3-1-2 very much depends on dominating the midfield and, if you don't do that, you are going to be in serious trouble.

If you aren't going to control the midfield then, yes, you are better off totally conceding it and going to a more defensively solid formation (like we saw happen for the last couple of years).

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
4-3-1-2 very much depends on dominating the midfield and, if you don't do that, you are going to be in serious trouble.

If you aren't going to control the midfield then, yes, you are better off totally conceding it and going to a more defensively solid formation (like we saw happen for the last couple of years).
Yeah, but we shouldn't be conceding the midfield with these players in the team, especially Melo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)