[Champions League] JUVENTUS 1-1 Bordeaux (Sep. 15th 2009) (41 Viewers)

Juve - Bordeaux [CL Group Round 1] - Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Caceres

• Legrottaglie

• Cannavaro

• Grosso

• Melo

• Marchisio

• Tiago

• Giovinco

• Amauri

• Iaquinta

• Zebina

• Camoranesi

• Poulsen

• The wet pitch

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Was he interfering with the play and did it cause the goal?

No.

If it was at the other end, I wouldn't blink an eye.
No, i think he wasn't. Their goal was clear imo, although it was a very close call so if the ref disallowed it he couldn't have been blamed much.

I'm at 30th minute right now and God we're terrible :wallbang:
Will this shit get better later or should i stop watching?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
No, i think he wasn't. Their goal was clear imo, although it was a very close call so if the ref disallowed it he couldn't have been blamed much.

The first 20 mins or so were the worst.

We improve to being poor.

Sep 1, 2002

Stop watching.

Juve looked like the away side.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005

Got better after the goal.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Anyway, i think that our starting XI on this match really isn't a starting XI of a team worthy of a 1/4 final or more. I mean, seriously, is a Caceres-Canna-Legro-Grosso defense a world class one? Is a Tiago-Melo-Marchisio a WC midfield? Iaquinta-Amauri?

This team can beat teams like Bordeaux, but not many will be surprised if such starting XI fails to beat Bordeaux.

I see that we were destroyed on the flanks. That's the weakness of the 4-3-1-2. Against teams with good wingers, the 4-4-2 is needed. Bordeaux has 5 men in midfield so they easily match our 3 CMs and plus they have the wingers with lots of space.
I really hope that Ferrara won't stubbornly go with the 4-3-1-2 no matter who we play against. Ok, if Diego's playing then we'll have to adapt to his needs, but when Diego isn't here then we should set the tactics according to the opponent.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Eℓvin;2145007 said:
Listen man, you totally ignore other peoples points. I did say we didn't deserve to win, a draw is a fair result, but with a little luck we could've won. And what do you do? You jump to ridicule my point.

Now fuck off...
That's the thing. You don't have a point. The result is still the same and Marchisio SHOULD have scored, just like Yak should have had more than one goal.

That's not unlucky, that's poor shooting.

End of.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Anyway, i think that our starting XI on this match really isn't a starting XI of a team worthy of a 1/4 final or more. I mean, seriously, is a Caceres-Canna-Legro-Grosso defense a world class one? Is a Tiago-Melo-Marchisio a WC midfield? Iaquinta-Amauri?

This team can beat teams like Bordeaux, but not many will be surprised if such starting XI fails to beat Bordeaux.

I see that we were destroyed on the flanks. That's the weakness of the 4-3-1-2. Against teams with good wingers, the 4-4-2 is needed. Bordeaux has 5 men in midfield so they easily match our 3 CMs and plus they have the wingers with lots of space.
I really hope that Ferrara won't stubbornly go with the 4-3-1-2 no matter who we play against. Ok, if Diego's playing then we'll have to adapt to his needs, but when Diego isn't here then we should set the tactics according to the opponent.
I thought we possibly should have matched up to Bordeaux shape after about 20 minutes.

We could have tightened up the midfield three and put Giovinco and Iaquinta on the flanks with Amauri alone up front.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Buffon or Diarra was MOM. Really poor performance from us tonight imo. Our players need to learn how to pass a lot better.
I thought it was the movement off the ball which was poor, rather than the actual execution of the passes.

This poor movement also lead to more long balls than there should have been.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)