[Champions League] JUVENTUS 1-1 Bordeaux (Sep. 15th 2009) (36 Viewers)

Juve - Bordeaux [CL Group Round 1] - Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Caceres

• Legrottaglie

• Cannavaro

• Grosso

• Melo

• Marchisio

• Tiago

• Giovinco

• Amauri

• Iaquinta

• Zebina

• Camoranesi

• Poulsen

• The wet pitch

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
From a French guy in another forum:

x said:
Last match vs Grenoble winning 1-0 show some mistake in Bordeaux football .Not dominate the match like usualy make at home since start of season .Their coach was not satisfy by his team performance and mention in after match interveiw that if he will play like this at Turin will loose the match.Maybe player was more concentrate on tonight ...Other point their main player Gourcuff who play 3 match in a week and who i find really tired after his subs vs Serbia last Wednsday.Play 70 min Saturday vs Grenoble and was clearly not at 100% physicly .Result of Bordeaux in Champion's league proove that got many problem vs big team and specially away; last year with almost same team conceded a 4-0 at Chelsea and 3-1 at Roma.Generally level of french league is not egual with counry like England Italy or Spain ,winning mentality is not present and team are not able to give a better level of play when they are in Champion's league(except Lyon sometime).

Juve play a different football this year and vs a team of Bordeaux who usually control the ball in all their Ligue1 match will have lot of problem tonight.Even if Juve got missing player we know that they make a strong physical preparation during pre season maybe the strongest in all club in the world .See them ready for this match and a straight win around 1.60 stay a logic odd to try .

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
JUVENTUS
Buffon

Caceres Legrottaglie Cannavaro Grosso

Tiago F.Melo, Marchisio

Giovinco

AmaurI Iaquinta​

Panchina:Manninger,Ariaudo,Molinaro,Zebina,Camoranesi,Poulsen,Trezeguet

Bordeaux

Carrasso

Chalmè, Planus Ciani Tremoulinas

Diarra Fernando

Plasil Gourcuff Wendel

Chamakh​

In panchina: Ramè, Henrique, Julietti, Gouffran, Cavenaghi, Jussiè, Bellion.

DA TUTTOSPORT
Fixed.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
i hear this guy is a good player but their cb's are pretty shitty!

Amauri has to be a factor tomorrow night and by that i mean he has to score this time.4 games is too much w/o a goal

Their CB's are indeed poor. They have physical abilities, but individually they are weak.

marescino

Jul 9, 2009
I've heard a lot of fans saying this game will be relatively easy for us - Am i the only one feeling apprehensive ?

Looking at Bordeaux's games this season, they've not had to face up to much in Ligue 1 bar the game against Marseille (which ended in a draw) but in spite of that, they pose a real attacking threat.

I'm glad to see Cavenaghi isn't starting - I spent the best part of 2001/02 season trying to explain why he and Andrés D'Alessandro would be perfect for Juventus - Would hate to see him score tonight :shifty:

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
I've heard a lot of fans saying this game will be relatively easy for us - Am i the only one feeling apprehensive ?

Looking at Bordeaux's games this season, they've not had to face up to much in Ligue 1 bar the game against Marseille (which ended in a draw) but in spite of that, they pose a real attacking threat.

I'm glad to see Cavenaghi isn't starting - I spent the best part of 2001/02 season trying to explain why he and Andrés D'Alessandro would be perfect for Juventus - Would hate to see him score tonight :shifty:
We Dont watch league 1 so we don't really know about the teams, one thing i do know is that if Lyon are ' amoung the best' that the frnech league has to offer then I'm not batting an eyelid.

marescino

Jul 9, 2009
We Dont watch league 1 so we don't really know about the teams, one thing i do know is that if Lyon are ' amoung the best' that the frnech league has to offer then I'm not batting an eyelid.
LOL- Fair point, I just hope we don't turn up 'expecting' the win - I doubt that Ciro would allow that though

marescino

Jul 9, 2009
Blanc:

“We will try and prove all the predictions wrong,” revealed Blanc, who had two spells in Italy as a player with Napoli and Inter.

“My team has nothing to lose and we will play an open game. We are ready and will try to show all our potential because in this tournament you need to win as many direct clashes as possible.

“It won't be easy to reach the next round because Bayern Munich and Juve are favourites, but I'm still asking my men to go for it.

“Last year we lost against Chelsea and I still regret it because we practically didn't show up that night.”

YasoR17

Mirkofan #1
Jul 4, 2008
Oh my god! Suddenly all my al jazeera sports channels decided to not work this morning! Just in time for the fn CL... :( They better work later tonight or I am heading to Qatar to kill

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I too do not believe Bordeaux will pose a serious threat in this game, they are at least two levels under Juve, it won't be a walk in the park, but Juve will win the game without too much trouble.

2-0 to Juve is my prediction.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
A question for those who are putting Caceres ahead of Zebina in their formations: is that only because Zebina's coming back from injury, or because you think Caceres is the best player for the job?

Don't get me wrong - I'm excited about Caceres and I want to see him get a lot of experience and improve, but if we want to keep a really tight ship in our first CL game of the season, I think Jonathan's experience would be preferable.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
A question for those who are putting Caceres ahead of Zebina in their formations: is that only because Zebina's coming back from injury, or because you think Caceres is the best player for the job?

Don't get me wrong - I'm excited about Caceres and I want to see him get a lot of experience and improve, but if we want to keep a really tight ship in our first CL game of the season, I think Jonathan's experience would be preferable.
Zebina is probably still underdone. And seeing as this isn't the most challenging of games, I'd say let Caceras play. He's probably not as good but he's better then an unfit Zebina and what's better is that every game is instrumental in terms of Caceras' growth as a player. Zebina can ease back into the squad and Caceras can get valuable playing time.. win win.

marescino

Jul 9, 2009

Caceres will get better with time. That first half against Lazio he looked indecisive and tended to hang back while Kolarov skinned him at every opportunity - When the penny dropped, he got forward in support far more often and provided a few decent crosses before making that brilliant run for the goal.

I would take him over Zebina as, despite his years with us, Zebina is utter gash. He offers the team fook all in the final third and his defensive ability is average at best. He has one good game in a blue moon and follows it up with sub-standard performances thereafter. Thats just MHO though, i;m sure others will disagree

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)