[Champions League] Chelsea 2-2 JUVENTUS (19th September 2012) (50 Viewers)

MoM?

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Vidal

• Marchisio

• Lichsteiner

• Quagliarella

Results are only viewable after voting.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Shakhtar will be very dangerous and I would be more than happy with 4 points against them. I know they've got some talented players like Willian, Srna, Eduardo and more.
I don't think Shakthar can match up tbh. Sure, they've got some good attackers but the rest of them is most likely very outclassed (especially MF I would imagine). They will probably sit back and play the counter attack home & away vs Juve and Chelsea. If we can stop them on the counter I don't think they will be overly difficult to beat. They do have a lot of CL experience but honestly I don't think that makes much difference, I mean, we just outplayed the CL champions away with a relatively small amount of CL experience.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
Well, that was a weird experience. After the game I was somewhat disappointed, as I felt there was more to get from the game than only a draw, but considering we went down 2-0, it's a satisfying result.

A few people have already mentioned it and I agree we didn't play up to our usual standard last night, but a Champions League game against the current title holder in London will do that to you I guess. We surrendered possession far too easily on certain occasions with quite a few really really easy passes going wrong getting us in trouble. Both Vidal and Pirlo had a period of just misplacing 10-20 meter passes, I just couldn't believe my eyes.

In the end though, coming back from 2-0 shows great strength and surely we will take some confidence from this game, which, hopefully, we can take in to our next CL game and be 'ourselves' more. We've not been this ready for CHL in a loooooong time, I really hope we properly mark our return to the big boys this year. I eagerly await our home game against Shakhtar in 2 weeks..
:tup:

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Headlines here in Finland today are about Oscar's brace and Di Matteo's comments about how they should have had a penalty. Juve isn't mentioned in anyway, gotta love this country.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I don't think Shakthar can match up tbh. Sure, they've got some good attackers but the rest of them is most likely very outclassed (especially MF I would imagine). They will probably sit back and play the counter attack home & away vs Juve and Chelsea. If we can stop them on the counter I don't think they will be overly difficult to beat. They do have a lot of CL experience but honestly I don't think that makes much difference, I mean, we just outplayed the CL champions away with a relatively small amount of CL experience.
Off course they aren't a match for us. We posses far more quality in every department. But don't expect us trashing them either. And I agree we outplayed Chalsea last night. Today I can verbally abuse some of my colleagues Chalsea fans. It's nice.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Media in Poland are licking Juventus balls since the game ended. Juventus really impressed every journalist and expert with this game. That's why this result is so importan. It is a statemant to the world that we are really back.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Headlines here in Finland today are about Oscar's brace and Di Matteo's comments about how they should have had a penalty. Juve isn't mentioned in anyway, gotta love this country.
Lol.. Quagliarella hitting the post or Vidal playing with injury showing true grit (chelsea scoring while he was out) could be good journalism to add!!!!

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
If we can concentrate we should dominate Chelsea at home and win comfortably. Tactically we're far superior, defending and attacking in greater numbers really put them under some pressure and I consider the goals we conceded as fairly unlucky. With more clinical strikers we probably would have buried them. Di Matteo is a pretty poor manager.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
If we can concentrate we should dominate Chelsea at home and win comfortably. Tactically we're far superior, defending and attacking in greater numbers really put them under some pressure and I consider the goals we conceded as fairly unlucky. With more clinical strikers we probably would have buried them. Di Matteo is a pretty poor manager.
Yeah, Di Matteo is crap. Especially when he has Hazard, Oscar, and Mata and doesn't use them properly.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Lol.. Quagliarella hitting the post or Vidal playing with injury showing true grit (chelsea scoring while he was out) could be good journalism to add!!!!
Tell me about it. Finnish media is always praising EPL teams for some reason, we are nothing on their books. :sergio:

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
Talksport last night, the chelsea fans beleive they were robbed, and should have gone on to score more. Even Ivanovic said they controlled the game...WHAT!!!!?????!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 50)