[Champions League] Chelsea 2-2 JUVENTUS (19th September 2012) (52 Viewers)

MoM?

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Vidal

• Marchisio

• Lichsteiner

• Quagliarella

Results are only viewable after voting.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Overall I'm pleased with the result AND performance.

We went to London and tried to impose our game which we did for periods. Yes we had a few loose passes but what is to be expected when we've just come back to Champions League and had to start away from home at a very hard stadium against last years champions.

Aug 1, 2003
anyone who thought this was going to be a walk in the park must be joking... I said it before CL will be a different ballgame together and nerves were apparent... but the fact that we salvaged this point, more importantly to come back when trailing 2-0, will reinforce belief in this team and do wonders for their confidence to settle in the CL, whilst warning them of the level of football they should be playing at. definitely a positive experience.

I agree w ali, the crowd was fantastic today, it felt like Juventus stadium sometimes :D

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Tough for me to vote between Vidal, Marchisio and Chiellini. Special mention to Asamoah and Lichtsteiner. For me Vidal playing on through an injury, scoring a key goal injured and going until 90 mins gets the nod.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Chelsea, as crappy as they are compared to the recent norm, are always tough at home. This is a great result.

Forza Juve! :flag1:

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Marchisio MOM for me.

He was everpresent and actually lead the team around the park when Pirlo was marked out of the match.

Got both assists as well - Kudos Marchisio!

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
It's nice to be able to be 2-0 down and not feel despair. Nice comeback, even if I'm not content with how we got the draw. Where's our intensity off the ball and composure on the ball?

Anyway, first and hardest game out of the way. This should give us some confidence for the future and maybe we learned a few lessons.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Im voting Quag for the MOM. Not because of his whole 90 minutes performance but simply because for the time he was on he brought the most joy and most of all he relieved the frustation we had throughout the match by securing us a good result.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Very good result boys, be proud. We were easily the better team and imposed our game away at Chelsea, very difficult thing to do and very well done. Not to mention a freakin 2-0 comeback away!

Vidal, Chiellini, Marchisio, Vucinic, Lichtsteiner, Quagliarella and Asamoah all had amazing games.

:theflag:

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I think our passing today was bad and I would've liked us to press them higher up field. Chelsea only created one open scoring opportunity while we created three, which is positive. We really can't do much about the two goals they scored.

Aug 1, 2003
Tough for me to vote between Vidal, Marchisio and Chiellini. Special mention to Asamoah and Lichtsteiner. For me Vidal playing on through an injury, scoring a key goal injured and going until 90 mins gets the nod.
agreed on all points. Marchisio really was fantastic and Chiellini was boss. But Vidal, scoring that goal while limping and bossing the midfield for 93 minutes gets it for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)