[Champions League] Chelsea 2-2 JUVENTUS (19th September 2012) (51 Viewers)

MoM?

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Vidal

• Marchisio

• Lichsteiner

• Quagliarella

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jan 22, 2009
Gio taking the ball with his back on the goal is getting smashed by big defenders, he needs to be facing the goal and having space to be effective! Mirko is way better in handling the ball with his back on goal..

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Gazzetta saying that Matri has the advantage right now to start over Giovinco :boh:
That would be a very odd move.

Can't see it happening.

If it's true, i think it's down to Conte wanting a physical presence in our attack. :boh:
It would be, but it'd be a mistake.

There's only any point in going for a more physical player if that player is strong enough to compete with the opposition CBs and I can't imagine Matri faring terribly well playing with his back to goal against Terry and Luiz.

Di Matteo thinks we will sit back.
Di Matteo competely contradicts himself:

“Their side will be similar to the one that came here a few years ago, determined to sit back, but they will try to impose their football, they like to get on the ball but we will try to limit their spaces on the pitch.”

I actually expect Chelski to play a 4-3-3 with Mata if he's fit. Dont think a Mikel - Lamepard midfield would do good for them.
Mikel-Lampard has been their normal midfield two.

And they have, pretty consistently, chosen to play 4-2-3-1, with one 'defensive' winger (Ramires on the right or Bertrand on the left) and Mata and Hazard as the attacking midfield three.

I wouldn't expect them to change that.

Have to say, I'm finding it very hard to come up with a prediction for this game because I really don't know how Chelsea will approach the game.

Will they go out to attack and control the game like they have tended to in the EPL this season or will they adopt a more defensive, counter-attacking approach?

My gut feeling is that (particularly after taking a hiding in the Super Cup) they will start the game pretty cautiously, so Juve will be able to control possession quite a lot of the time (if they want to) and will have to stay focused and avoid giving the ball away in dangerous positions.

Another reason to think Chelsea may play quite cautiously is that they may well think, having watched Juve this season, that they don't actually need to go and attack and try to score goals from open play to win the game.

Between Juve's awful defending of set-pieces and Chelsea having guys like Terry and Ivanovic, they may be quite happy just to wait for set-piece chances rather than allowing the game to open up at all.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Matri ahead of Gio? No way. Chelsea has big, but a little static defenders, they won't have a clue how to stop Gio without fouling him.
they did in 2008

it simply requires a blind referree that forgot his cards.

still hate how they kicked alex and giovinco of the field without consequenses

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
even though i like Giovinco but if we gonna play him as CF like we used in the last couple matches he could struggle against this fuckers.. i just wants him to play free role under the main CF. anyway Giovinco is the kind of a player who can make one goal trick with his speed and super quick turns... just the most great luck for us tomorrow. it's not an easy match as people tries to believe so.. one team will get hurt bad. and i have faith on ours. but not Bonbon, JUST......

FORZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA JUVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
Match day fucckersssss!

Fucck all statistics. It doesn't matter, remember Bayern had never lost in penalty kicks (well they did last year), Juve coulnd't win three games in a row and they did it last year.

I really can't predict the game. I am pretty sure it won't be very entertaining and I don't know how Chelsea will approach this game. I haven't seen much of Hazard. I know Ivanovic is terrible in one-on-one situations. Nani always makes fun of him! Luiz is crazy challenges sometimes and expect us to get few free kicks near the box. Hope we convert those. Most bettings website are predicting 1-1 result. I will however place 20 euros on Juve to win!

I havne't slept for 24 hours. I will just go sleep now and when I wake up it's time to watch the match. Can't wait anymoreeeeeeee!

OP
WΏΏdy?

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
  • Thread Starter #453
    Yeah its 7:30 in the morning right now, was up last night talkin about today's match with frnds! This is going to be an awesome match, hopefully.

:flag3:

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
    Oh man... MVP + Asamoah & Lichtsteiner + Gio and Vucinic makes me so excited.

I wish I could watch it live. All of you who can are very lucky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)