[Champions League] Bayern München vs JUVENTUS (April 2, 2013) (131 Viewers)

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Do we stand a chance guys, honestly? Ive been thinking it over and I just can't see it. I hate to sound defeatist, but it just seems such a mountain to climb.

Whatever happens, im so proud of how far we've come. The commentator the other night really put it in perspective, only a few years ago we lost 4-1 to Fulham in the Europa league. This season we finished top of our group, knocking out the current champions and doing all this undefeated up until the Bayern game.

- - - Updated - - -

Cáceres is a hero, Isla isn't. Easy choice.
This.

Mar 30, 2013
Do we stand a chance guys, honestly? Ive been thinking it over and I just can't see it. I hate to sound defeatist, but it just seems such a mountain to climb.

Whatever happens, im so proud of how far we've come. The commentator the other night really put it in perspective, only a few years ago we lost 4-1 to Fulham in the Europa league. This season we finished top of our group, knocking out the current champions and doing all this undefeated up until the Bayern game.

- - - Updated - - -

This.
Of course, we have Conte!

[video=vimeo;59557686]http://vimeo.com/59557686[/video]

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Bayern was the better team , its just that both the goal can be easily avoided.
A 1-0 scoreline would have been better, i doubt we can claw back a 2 goal deficit, we need to score and prevent them from scoring at the same time.
No Lich and Vidal, it's almost mission imppsible.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
We should go all attack... we have nothing to lose...
Come on guys, it's very difficult task, but an early goal and things will open up again... :ultra:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
IMO, the only way there's a tiny chance Juve goes through is if Vucinic if fully fit for this and performs a big match. Vuci will be more crucial and key player than Pirlo or any other player. Vidal's susp will be a huge blow, a very huge blow therefore whoever is going to fill up his place has to play the game of his life too.

This would be my pick

Buffon

Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini

Padoin - Pogba - Pirlo - Marchisio - Giacc - Asamoa

Vucinic

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
IMO, the only way there's a tiny chance Juve goes through is if Vucinic if fully fit for this and performs a big match. Vuci will be more crucial and key player than Pirlo or any other player. Vidal's susp will be a huge blow, a very huge blow therefore whoever is going to fill up his place has to play the game of his life too.

This would be my pick

Buffon

Padoin - Pogba - Pirlo - Marchisio - Giacc - Asamoa

Vucinic
If Asamoah on the left, I'd put Isla on the right... we have to risk it because we have no other choice!
I also would replace Giac with Seba and go with something like 3-5-1-1

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I know. But it's the only way to close down fast legs Bayern and hit them fast on counter attacks.

- - - Updated - - -

RAMI¹⁰;4116942 said:
If Asamoah on the left, I'd put Isla on the right... we have to risk it because we have no other choice!
I also would replace Giac with Seba and go with something like 3-5-1-1
I wouldn't risk it all in the first half if it's up to me. One Bayern goal will knock out the game but 1-0 Juve at HT will force Bayern to sit down and defend in the 2nd half.

I would replace Giac with Seba too but in the 2nd half.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
as long as we don't concede we're still in the game, so I agree with Rab about not going crazy attack. what I do not agree with is that crazy formation :D who's supposed to score the two goals there, Pirlo from freekicks, Vuč with an occasional wondergoal, Pogba from distance? Marchisio? From our 5 top scorers there's only one there, sadly we can't have Vidal there but we can at least put two strikers on the field, who won't shit their pants infront of goal. I would prefer 433 over 361 or 352, give the Pepe role to Padoin or whatever, they surely have practiced it.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
as long as we don't concede we're still in the game, so I agree with Rab about not going crazy attack. what I do not agree with is that crazy formation :D who's supposed to score the two goals there, Pirlo from freekicks, Vuč with an occasional wondergoal, Pogba from distance? Marchisio? From our 5 top scorers there's only one there, sadly we can't have Vidal there but we can at least put two strikers on the field, who won't $#@! their pants infront of goal. I would prefer 433 over 361 or 352, give the Pepe role to Padoin or whatever, they surely have practiced it.
On papers it would be 3-6-1 but Giacc and Marchisio will both play support striker role on the attack.

Something like this

Buffon

Padoin - Pogba - Pirlo - - Asamoa
Marchisio---Giach
Vucinic​

You fvckers should trust me on this :D

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
People jacking it over Bayern, we also played awfully. Pirlo was not good, Marchisio went casper, Conte did nothing. Pogba should have come one at half time along with Mirko. We gave up, we barely even tried, just got star struck. As bad a performance that I've seen since Craven Cottage.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
I have no doubt, that Conte is not sitting at home and is thinking about how, he wants to attack Bayern....Bayern reacted well to our playing style, they had the right tactic, its now our turn to do the same thing.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/11...hurrle-stays-in-a-position-to-counter-attack/

Leverkusen, the only Bundesliga team to beat them this year, have had the perfect tactic to stop Bayerns wing attack. Here is a very good analysis of their game against Schalke, a team that plays simular to Bayern. They invite a team to go to the flank an than isolate the winger from the rest of the team with a very good 4-3-3. Together with their quick attackers, they were able to have quick counter attacks, which gave them success.

While I think this could work well in defense, I see a 4-3-3 better in the build up, as a back 4 with Pirlo an either Pogba or Marchisio dropping, should give Bayern troubles when they try to press us again, while we have more options for a long ball.

Either way, I hope we bring something on Wednesday that Bayern doens't expect.....we can't go out there and have the same gameplan on Wednesday.

- - - Updated - - -

http://spielverlagerung.de/2012/11/20/leverkusens-moderne-halbraumverteidigung/

Here is an articel, for anybody who speaks German, that shows their system a bit better than in the link above! The pictures should explain what I mean with isolating the winger, while having controll of the midfield.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 130)