[Champions League] Bayern München vs JUVENTUS (April 2, 2013) (176 Viewers)

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
The thing is, Bayern weren't extremely incredible, our horrible play contributed so much to their great showing yesterday, they have their short coming, their defensive coverage is really week, they look really vulnerable at the back, so deep down i still have hope, but we really need a perfect game from the boys, i'd would be down to play a 4-3-3, it gives us more options and take pressure off Pirlo.

Buffon
Caceres-Bonnucci-Bara-Chiello
MPP
Giovinco-Quag-Vucinic

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
The thing is, Bayern weren't extremely incredible, our horrible play contributed so much to their great showing yesterday, they have their short coming, their defensive coverage is really week, they look really vulnerable at the back, so deep down i still have hope, but we really need a perfect game from the boys, i'd would be down to play a 4-3-3, it gives us more options and take pressure off Pirlo.

Buffon
MPP
Giovinco-Quag-Vucinic
I agree with this. If Pirlo has the same game as he had yesterday he needs to be subbed out after 15 min asamoah. Just pack the midfield with muscle if Pirlo isn't working.

Brandmon

Juventuz irregular
Aug 13, 2008
Clumsy defence, static midfield and a shoddy attack. Frankly I expected far worse (predicted another Italy-Spain judging from how the game stated out) and I was surprised by how the game turned out as Bayern pretty much outplayed us for the wrong reasons (they were clearly focusing too much on Pirlo, yet the rest of the midfield simply didn't step up at all - to disastrous effect)

The most we can hope for is that we play so much better next week that we would simply catch Bayern offguard to our advantage. But I don't think they would be that easily surprised.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
I had to download this game to watch it, as I was asleep as it started. Torture. It took a lot of self control to not fast forward things after the second goal.

Most of the Juve players can come away from that feeling very embarrassed. There isn't a valid excuse about them being new to a big occasion really, and it wasn't really a case of Bayern being that incredible either. The two veterans in our team arguably the worst (although they had strong competition). Possibly the most feeble Juve performance under Conte? Excluding Vidal.

I recall the Chelsea game at JS where Bonucci was spreading play to either flank really well, and Pirlo was in control of a football. Amazing how those two are so crucial to the team's build up, they can bring 5 or 6 players into the game simply by playing at a reasonable level. I'm quite excited for the return leg now though (much more than I ever was for this game), big opportunity for the team to prove themselves.

Buffon
MPP
Giovinco-Quag-Vucinic
That's why I think there is still a glimpse of hope...

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
It doesn't matter what they said, we have eyes :D

On TV it looked offside for sure, but I guess we all missed Licht's trailing foot there. Just put a line from that foot upwards and you'll see that it's on line with Mandzukic's head. Even if it's offside, it's by a centimeter or two. In such cases the attacker gets the advantage.

Only Mandzukic's arm is offside, and it doesn't count since he's not allowed to score with it.
His shoulder is in offside and shoulder also counts.
And that line of yours is rather thick and slightly away from Licht's feet.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
One other thing that irritated me was the lack of defensive work by Quatri. Not tracking back to pressure Bayern on the ball at all. Their midfield had way too much time on the ball.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
That was the first game I have watched for the past two seasons in which I was left feeling, as early as half time, that we were fortunate to not be losing by 3-4 goals. Such was the anaemic, disorganized, shell-shocked nature of our performance. We were taken by surprise with the first goal, and whilst it’s easy to say that Buffon should have done better, the wicked spin of the ball took the ball yards away from him at a fair pace. Still, we had 90 minutes left in which to find our feet, our rhythm, our form. However, after a period in which we asserted a semblance of control over proceedings, Bayern took over and dominated for the rest of the match, carving through our horribly out-numbered midfield time and time again. The biggest, clearest problem with the midfield was the complete absence of Claudio Marchisio, who failed miserably and tellingly to impose himself on the game in any wave, shape or form.

Our formation seemed more 3-4-2. At this level, we cannot afford to carry any players, especially one of our triumvirate in midfield. Claudio had this tendency to prove ghost-like in matches a few seasons back and we had all hoped and assumed that this part of his footballing character had been stamped out. Unfortunately it hasn’t.

With only 2 of our 3 midfielders in any way involved with the game, we had no chance whatsoever to impose ourselves. Too much was asked of Pirlo; Vidal was our best player, bettering Marchisio in every department. Peluso had a hard, if not impossible time trying to deal with two players charging at him constantly, again due to the lack of covering from Marchisio, with Pirlo offering help instead of the player who many have ear-marked as a future captain.

I have never seen Marchisio as a future capitano because I have always felt he lacks leadership abilities. His game was so shy, I noticed him only twice in the first 65 minutes.

Bonucci’s long passing was a shambles, but again I point to Marchisio since his absence from the game allowed Munich to mark every one of our offensive players, leaving nobody to pass to. I am well aware of Claudio’s wonderful technique, his great mentality and he more often than not seems a world class midfielder. Last night though, he was wretched. Anonymous. A passenger.

The highlight of our first half was the yellow for Mandzukic. Which I hoped at the time would prevent him from pressing too physically in the second period. We did improve after the break, by becoming more compact, regaining a little belief and Marchisio waking up enough to make a handful of touches.

Munich were good, but we were very, very poor, and if it wasn’t for a combination of poor finishing and Buffon we would have lost heavily. A team like Real or Barca would have put 4 or 5 past us, on this form.

It’s not over yet, and I am confident we won’t repeat that performance. We are capable of winning in Turin, but before that happens, we need to find viable, match sharp alternatives to Vidal, Chiellini and Lichsteiner, all of whom are banned for the return leg. We better hope that Isla or Caceres is fit by then, else it will be Padoin on the right. A huge shame to lose Vidal but he did more than anyone else to drag us back into this game, and it’s no surprise that his high ferocity approach earned him the booking.

A good win for Bayern and the only positives taken for Juve are that Bayern managed to miss many chances and kept the score down to something respectable, and also, all great teams must learn how to lose, how to recover, how to react to a poor performance, for no team in history has been amazing every game they have played. The sign of true champions, a cliché but true, is how they react…
Not a word about the attack, @Lo-Pan? You're claiming for weeks now in all your long posts that Matri-Quag is the way to go against these big teams in the CL. Isn't it a little unfair that you don't even mention this now?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
His shoulder is in offside and shoulder also counts.
And that line of yours is rather thick and slightly away from Licht's feet.
It's not away from Licht's foot, but it's a straight line. The line should go from right to left in a small angle, so yes, a very small bit of Mandzukic's head will be offside. What I'm saying is that even if it's offside, it's an offside that only a camera could notice, not a human eye, especially not without freezing the picture. It was surely a 50-50 call. No team would have had ground for complaining much, whatever the linesman said. We were just unlucky that the linesman gave advantage to the attacker, which they tend to do when they aren't sure if it was offside or not.

Mar 30, 2013
I had to download this game to watch it, as I was asleep as it started. Torture. It took a lot of self control to not fast forward things after the second goal.

Most of the Juve players can come away from that feeling very embarrassed. There isn't a valid excuse about them being new to a big occasion really, and it wasn't really a case of Bayern being that incredible either. The two veterans in our team arguably the worst (although they had strong competition). Possibly the most feeble Juve performance under Conte? Excluding Vidal.

I recall the Chelsea game at JS where Bonucci was spreading play to either flank really well, and Pirlo was in control of a football. Amazing how those two are so crucial to the team's build up, they can bring 5 or 6 players into the game simply by playing at a reasonable level. I'm quite excited for the return leg now though (much more than I ever was for this game), big opportunity for the team to prove themselves.
Feeling the same as you at the moment. We have nothing to lose now.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I agree with this. If Pirlo has the same game as he had yesterday he needs to be subbed out after 15 min asamoah. Just pack the midfield with muscle if Pirlo isn't working.
I think had Pogba started for one of Quag or Matri he would have helped Pirlo move more freely and complicate things more for Bayern.
Buffon

Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini

Licht - Vidal - Pogba - Pirlo - Marchisio- Asamoah

Vucinic/Quag​

As simple as that. One of the midfielders are tired? Replace him with fresh legs Padoin and change striker for a striker. Simple.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 175)