[Champions League] Bayern München vs JUVENTUS (April 2, 2013) (27 Viewers)

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I'm not getting into every angle of this game, short and sweet, we were outplayed by the better team. We were out passed, out shot, out possessed, out muscled and out hustled. I haven't seen a team be able to do this to our team in a pretty long time.

I've said since the beginning of the season that we were missing a top notch striker, that Giovinco is a joke, Quags is inconsistent, and Matri isn't living up to his potential. Did I mention that we got rid of DP for Bentner ??? If management didn't see this coming then shame on them, we're paying for it now !!!

We won't make a comeback in the second leg, we don't have the firepower to compete with Bayern, and even Conte pretty much said the same thing in his post match press conference.
What did he say? Been trying to find details on his postmatch conference.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Following the Celtic performances, where possession wise we were dominated in both matches, against a team that is not even a quarter of what Bayern is, I had my doubts for this match.

Some were convinced that we intentionally played that sort of game against Celtic, but my worry was our possession and pressure game has really dropped off this season, so I was afraid we couldn't match it with the likes of Bayern.

Another thing that bothered me was we didn't have a single player on the pitch that could beat his marker 1 on 1. The only players in our team capable of this are Vuc and Gio, and maybe even Anelka. None of our WB's are really capable of this, the way Robbery hold the ball and beat their man or pass, but always have the defence under pressure, is something we lacked for most of the match.
We in no way dominated possession in the first leg in Glasgow...and looked far more content or simply forced into, soaking up pressure, defending compactly then hitting them on the break. I think you will find that we were clearly behind Celtic, in both games, in terms of possession...

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
We in no way dominated possession in the first leg in Glasgow...and looked far more content or simply forced into, soaking up pressure, defending compactly then hitting them on the break. I think you will find that we were clearly behind Celtic, in both games, in terms of possession...
Which is exactly what I said...

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
44% in Scotland and 47% in Italy. Not clearly behind Celtic.

But those were whole different animals, we got a very early goal in the first game - which allowed us to sit back. The fixture was over there, so the second game was just more of the same.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
This tie is almost certainly over.

The early goal was an absolute killer, the worst possible start we could have imagined. And Kroos going off injured was actually terrible for us, as it allowed the super athletic and generally awesome Müller to move centrally and totally nullify Pirlo (who had a disastrous game) - and also allowed Robben to come on and absolutely terrify Peluso on the left. We just couldn't handle their wide men all game.

We were beaten by a far better team on the night and can have no complaints at all with the final result... were lucky it wasn't 4 or 5-0 really. Conte was totally out-coached tonight, but there's no shame in that, this is still a learning experience for him and many of the players, we can only get better from here.

We have nothing to lose in Turin and I hope Conte puts out an attacking team and instructs our players to go all out to achieve the almost impossible. No Licht and Vidal is a terrible blow for us, but lets see what the replacements can do. Stranger things have happened in football than a team over-turning a 2 goal deficit.

Forza Juve.

BlanquiNegro

Mar 28, 2006
Its just like the game juve had against Inter in the first leg
Just like the game they had against ten-men relegation fighter "Sampdoria"

Barca had a very bad game against Milan in the first leg, a game in which they couldn't really threatened Milans net during the whole 90mins, regardless the possession % they had
all the news paper started talking directly after that match that Barca's era is over
and other fans started talking about that the CL finals way is much easier without Barca

Just like any team on the world, no matter how good they are, there will always be a day in which they perform bad and outplayed
sometimes from the beg. to the end

I will say that Bayern are far stronger than Juve only if they manage to have a similar performance in the second leg which is doubtful
taking in consideration Arsenal game " second leg"

lets wait and see, and I don't think Juve can have another bad day against the same team in 7 days, and in the same time I also think that there is a possibility for Byern to have their own bad day and lets hope it will be that Wed

FORZA JUVE

Apr 2, 2013
Rather, it was over when Robben came on, we were dominating for a period after conceding. When they had their two wingers on, we didn't know what the hell to do, and Conte didn't know how to respond, he was surprisingly very timid on the sideline. Outcoached heavily.
That was one of my main concerns for tonight. hopefully he will be more prepared for the second leg. the tie is not over yet. forza juve

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Its just like the game juve had against Inter in the first leg
Just like the game they had against ten-men relegation fighter "Sampdoria"

Barca had a very bad game against Milan in the first leg, a game in which they couldn't really threatened Milans net during the whole 90mins, regardless the possession % they had
all the news paper started talking directly after that match that Barca's era is over
and other fans started talking about that the CL finals way is much easier without Barca

Just like any team on the world, no matter how good they are, there will always be a day in which they perform bad and outplayed
sometimes from the beg. to the end

I will say that Bayern are far stronger than Juve only if they manage to have a similar performance in the second leg which is doubtful
taking in consideration Arsenal game " second leg"

lets wait and see, and I don't think Juve can have another bad day against the same team in 7 days, and in the same time I also think that there is a possibility for Byern to have their own bad day and lets hope it will be that Wed

FORZA JUVE
Forza Juventus FINO ALLA FINE!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

Im usually with you in ur viewns Lopan, but not this time.

From some tmie now, people hav been lying to themselves and saying that "we soaked up pressure, we let them...." when cleary is the other way round. What Linebbreak said is true and we should accept that in those games we were stripped of possesion in midfield. And if i remember correctly, we stayed in game because Vidal did a fantastic work in the marking and tackling department in those games.

Truth is...lately we have been losing on midfield encounters, and that just worrysome. Today it was exposed at its fullest.

- - - Updated - - -

This tie is almost certainly over.

The early goal was an absolute killer, the worst possible start we could have imagined. And Kroos going off injured was actually terrible for us, as it allowed to super athletic and generally awesome Müller to move centrally and totally nullify Pirlo (who had a disastrous game) and also allowed Robben to come on and absolutely terrify Peluso on the left.

We were beaten by a far better team on the night and can have no complaints at all...lucky it wasn't 4 or 5-0. Conte was totally out-coached tonight, but there's no shame in that, this is still a learning experience for him and many of the players, we can only get better from here.

We have nothing to lose in Turin and I hope Conte puts out an attacking team and our players go all out to achieve the almost impossible. No Licht and Vidal is terrible news for us, but lets see what the replacements can do. Stranger things have happened in football.

Forza Juve.
Sadly, this is the truth we ened to face now.

We needed an away goal soo much because we knew of what bayern was capable of. And at this stages...when teams have wonderful attackers and masters of the game..keeping clean sheets is a luxury practically. We needed to score in munich if we were defeated and fight to the death in turin....
Now..... without 2 of our pillars on the defense.... i just dont see how we will score 2 goals...or even 3 if needed....without scoring a goal....

It will be almost impossible...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)