[Champions League] Bayern München vs JUVENTUS (April 2, 2013) (184 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Not doing ourselves justice was my biggest fear, and we really didn't. Bayern played well, but we were so timid and error-strewn Pescara would have given us a tough game. When I'm watching top players kicking the ball to opponents over and over in their own third something is wrong.

Both of Bayern's goals had fortune, but they thoroughly deserved at least those two goals, so it was fair in terms of performance.

The front two was the tactical disaster many of us thought and feared it would be. Having the ball coming straight back all the time is a recipe for disaster in this game. Matri-Quag is almost useless in this situation. I understand the others weren't 100% fit, but a 3-6-1 variant with 45 for Quagliarella and Vucinic each would have been more useful.

I have to say, I thought our team looked pretty leggy and generally off the pace. I saw something similar in early 2013 after Conte killed the players after the break, and we didn't look good at all. I think we could have done with an easier game than a very tough away Derby before this game, especially when you contrast Bayern's game.

Overall we had too many big players having off days, seems a bit of a coincidence in such an important match. One bad game and you really are out of this competition, and we are almost there. The performance was just extremely disappointing.

Conte is right in what he says, even if he does sound defeatist. We should remember at what stage we are in comparison, we would need 10 seasons in this competition to match up, but we are already fast-tracking our progress as a club.

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Respect to all juve fans here, because you show class, you accept Bayerns good perfonmance today :hellyes: I know you are all disappointed now, but dont lose faith in your team, football is quite unpredictable. If bayern can get 2 goals at home, so why Juve can not? Bayern have just an advantage to score an away goal. But I'm sure you will come back in second leg and try everything to get a result against us.

Nevertheless you will learn from this defeat, Bayern is a well experienced team in CL. Juve unfortunately wasn't present last years in CL, so they need to get their experience back, I say back, because Juve played for many years in CL except last period. Its really important for a team to compete every year in CL to get this kind of experience, thats maybe a reason. But however lets look forward for a great match next week with two great sides in world football :tup:
Great post mate. Thank you for your kind words and showing great humility in such a superb victory. You're always welcome on the forum. :) Massive respect to Bayern, and truth be told, there's no shame in losing to a team that's as good as yours.

Congrats on the victory. Hope we still go through though. :)

Nov 1, 2002
Respect to all juve fans here, because you show class, you accept Bayerns good perfonmance today :hellyes: I know you are all disappointed now, but dont lose faith in your team, football is quite unpredictable. If bayern can get 2 goals at home, so why Juve can not? Bayern have just an advantage to score an away goal. But I'm sure you will come back in second leg and try everything to get a result against us.

Nevertheless you will learn from this defeat, Bayern is a well experienced team in CL. Juve unfortunately wasn't present last years in CL, so they need to get their experience back, I say back, because Juve played for many years in CL except last period. Its really important for a team to compete every year in CL to get this kind of experience, thats maybe a reason. But however lets look forward for a great match next week with two great sides in world football :tup:
RESPECT :tup:, and Congrats for the win

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Not that it decided anything but Mandzukic' head wasn't in line. I watched it on TV, commentator said it, ex ref said it later, every newspapers also.
It doesn't matter what they said, we have eyes :D

On TV it looked offside for sure, but I guess we all missed Licht's trailing foot there. Just put a line from that foot upwards and you'll see that it's on line with Mandzukic's head. Even if it's offside, it's by a centimeter or two. In such cases the attacker gets the advantage.

Only Mandzukic's arm is offside, and it doesn't count since he's not allowed to score with it.

Attachments

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Not doing ourselves justice was my biggest fear, and we really didn't. Bayern played well, but we were so timid and error-strewn Pescara would have given us a tough game. When I'm watching top players kicking the ball to opponents over and over in their own third something is wrong.

Both of Bayern's goals had fortune, but they thoroughly deserved at least those two goals, so it was fair in terms of performance.

The front two was the tactical disaster many of us thought and feared it would be. Having the ball coming straight back all the time is a recipe for disaster in this game. Matri-Quag is almost useless in this situation. I understand the others weren't 100% fit, but a 3-6-1 variant with 45 for Quagliarella and Vucinic each would have been more useful.

I have to say, I thought our team looked pretty leggy and generally off the pace. I saw something similar in early 2013 after Conte killed the players after the break, and we didn't look good at all. I think we could have done with an easier game than a very tough away Derby before this game, especially when you contrast Bayern's game.

Overall we had too many big players having off days, seems a bit of a coincidence in such an important match. One bad game and you really are out of this competition, and we are almost there. The performance was just extremely disappointing.

Conte is right in what he says, even if he does sound defeatist. We should remember at what stage we are in comparison, we would need 10 seasons in this competition to match up, but we are already fast-tracking our progress as a club.
excellent post. pretty much sums up my thoughts us well.

Nov 1, 2002

agree 100%, it doesn't hurt to lose to a team who made it 3 times in the semis in the last 4 years. it would feel very strange if it was PSG even though they are in the making just like us but most of our squad are new to this tournament.
it all went fast after those two 7th place horror seasons. so whatever the result of the second leg, I'm satisfied because we are in growing progress and with some smart transfers then could even make more progress.

and Conte was honest since the beginning, he clearly said its new experience to him and his players and could take us longer to be considered challengers.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Thanks man. :tup:

Nice words, true class compared to the Celtic fans we dealt with the last stage...not to mention the random Inter/AC Milan fans plus that Bilbao fan....anyways...hope you stick around the forum, its nice to have other fans perspectives that are positive like this. :D

- - - Updated - - -

...and the 1 rogue Roma fan.

Mar 30, 2013
Do you lot reckon Juve should try and resuscitate Lichtsteiner's yellow card?

And also, I don't think there are any excuses for tonight's loss.

Disappointed with the amount of possession we kept losing. Vidal played his heart out (thank god his emotions didn't get the most of him)

Ribery is a scumbag for trying to get Vidal more angry. Marchisio was practically non-existent. Matri has the first touch of a pedofile.

Nonetheless, wasn't expecting much from our attack, such a shame Vidal was the only one to show up from our midfield today.

But, you never know, it's football. Hopefully the Germans get overconfident ;)

Patricho

Mar 15, 2013
From a defensive point of view, that must have been one of our best performances this season. Our pressing was excellent. Mandzukic, Ribery, Gustavo, Schweini etc. won many important battles in midfield. However, we wasted so many chances, it was infuriating to be honest. Everyone had a very good game except for Lahm and Alaba, who for some periods of the game were surprisingly poor. Standouts were Mndzukic and Ribery, IMO.

Regarding the ref, that was a God-awful and piss poor performance for both sides. Chiellini and especially Vidal deserved a yellow way earlier. I don't think Lichtsteiner deserved a yellow. Wasn't a pen either. It was nothing. Ribery's tackle was nasty and totally uncalled for, at least deserved a yellow, and he could have been sent off. In hindsight, Mndzukic's goal is probably offside, but it wasn't a clear offside situation. I don't think the linesman should be blamed for that one. Overall, just abysmal refereeing.

Yes, we were the better team but the tie is far from over. Juve is still a very good team and it will be a totally different game in Italy. To be honest, I'm still nervous for the return leg. See you next week :wink:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
From a defensive point of view, that must have been one of our best performances this season. Our pressing was excellent. Mandzukic, Ribery, Gustavo, Schweini etc. won many important battles in midfield. However, we wasted so many chances, it was infuriating to be honest. Everyone had a very good game except for Lahm and Alaba, who for some periods of the game were surprisingly poor. Standouts were Mndzukic and Ribery, IMO.

Regarding the ref, that was a God-awful and piss poor performance for both sides. Chiellini and especially Vidal deserved a yellow way earlier. I don't think Lichtsteiner deserved a yellow. Wasn't a pen either. It was nothing. Ribery's tackle was nasty and totally uncalled for, at least deserved a yellow, and he could have been sent off. In hindsight, Mndzukic's goal is probably offside, but it wasn't a clear offside situation. I don't think the linesman should be blamed for that one. Overall, just abysmal refereeing.

Yes, we were the better team but the tie is far from over. Juve is still a very good team and it will be a totally different game in Italy. To be honest, I'm still nervous for the return leg. See you next week :wink:
Mandzukic was massive in being a nuisance to the defenders in keeping them under pressure.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Yeah, thats what I'm saying.

I'd like to make a couple trades if possible...send some of ours the other way and sign these boys up.
You do know that if the forum votes who to send to Bayern forums, your new username will be Huschnitzel and you'll spamming Bayern forum's Dzeko thread, right?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
You do know that if the forum votes who to send to Bayern forums, your new username will be Huschnitzel and you'll be asking Rummenige and co. to buy Dzeko in Bayern forum's Dzeko thread, right?
No way I'd get Voted off this Tuz island.

Nope.

Could call me Hustler

:shifty:
- - - Updated - - -

B81 is our Amauri. We need to cut him from the budget :agree:
Which B81? Only one is getting under my skin lately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 183)