[Champions League] Bayern München vs JUVENTUS (April 2, 2013) (46 Viewers)

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
We could have had Messi and Ibra up there. Little would have changed. We were tactically destroyed by better athletes and better footballers. They knew exactly what to do with their constant pressure on our defense and Pirlo. The way they covered ground, their passing, off the ball movement and quick transformation in attack was way too much for our 8 non-attackers.
Agreed.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Still this Bayern seems vulnerable at the back, we still might have a chance at the 2nd leg (if we play half decent not a disaster a la tonite)
I hardly saw their defenders touch the ball so I couldn't agree nor disagree, but what I can say is that Bayern locked down the midfield perfectly.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Despite how badly we played it still took a deflection and an offside goal to beat us.

We were far better with Mirko and Seb on because they dropped deep. We should go with at least one of them in the second leg.
They missed like 5 golden chances. We didn't get humiliated due to a bit of luck and bad finishing from their side, else we would have lost by 4 easily.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Our attack was just terrible tonight, Bayern just went through our midfield as if it didn't exist, i did not see Marchisio with the ball at all, We let Bayern control the game we are so much better than that performance.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Okay, the better team clearly won. The result was matching the performance, however, I thought Lichtsteiner deserved a penalty. We could've got out with an undeserved result.

Here's my ratings:

Buffon 5.0

Barzagli 6.0
Bonucci 5.0
Chiellini 6.5

Lichtsteiner 6.0
Vidal 7.0
Pirlo 4.5
Marchisio 6.0
Peluso 5.5

Quagliarella 5.0
Matri 5.0

Subs:
Giovinco 5.5
Vucinic 6.0
Pogba 6.0

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Expected a bit more from Conte and the boys but we certainly got showed our place. Our usual formation didnt help one bit and was hoping from some insipration in the second half. Buffon was terrible today whilst Marchisio none existent. Can never expect much from the attack whilst the rest were kept busy by an impressive Bayern. As for the english ref, he can go and suck on my hairy balls.

Dec 31, 2008
I never expected us to win, but the players should be shameful of themselves after such performance.

Without taking anything away from Bayern, whom I rate as the best team left in this tournament, we surely made them look better than they truly are.

Now I'm gonna go vomit.
:depressed

Lukson

Nov 5, 2012
Conte has done well with the limits and constraints of our resources. Our use of 3-5-2 is reactive not proactive. It's not like Conte is obsessed with a 3 back system like say Zacche. It's the "better" tactic we can use given our current situation (e.g. no reliable left back). But, our 3 back system was really exposed today. Bayern was very fluid and the diagonal and overlapping runs made it extremely difficult for our players plus their central midfielders positioned themselves well today. We did okay closing down for the most part. It'd have been a different story had we not conceded so early... But, that's a speculative excuse...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)