[Champions League] Bayern München vs JUVENTUS (April 2, 2013) (157 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
In regards to Muller's statement that they did well in recent games against us, it must be mentioned that he talks about one single game, and that's the last game we played vs Bayern, the ugly 1:4 defeat. We needed a draw on that match in order to qualify, but we lost it.

Looking at the line ups on that match, it seems that both teams are stronger now. Bayern faced us without their stars Ribery and Robben (came in late as a sub) and they still destroyed us. Name wise we had a better team back then (Buffon, Cannavaro, Camoranesi, Del Piero, Trez).
Buffon and Marchisio are the only Juve players who started that match and are expected to start on Tuesday. From our current bunch, Caceres also started that match but he'll miss the Tuesday encounter, while Giovinco came in late as a sub. It also must be mentioned that even though we had big names in the team, it was a very old team we put at Olimpico, and Bayern simply ran us over. Legro, Grosso, Cannavaro, Camo, Del Piero and Trez were all deep in their 30's. Only 4 of our starters were younger than 30 (Caceres, Diego, Melo and Marchisio).
Bayern will also have many new faces in the line up next week. They started that match with Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Van Buyten and Muller, but the others who played are either injured, or they left the team (Butt, Demichellis, Badstuber, Van Bommel, Olic, Gomez, Pranjic).

In short, I don't think that match is anything to go by. Our team is almost completely different (9 new starters), much younger and much better prepared physically. Bayern are also stronger now.

Buy on AliExpress.com

abstract

Mar 3, 2012
08.08.1992 - Bayern 1-4 JUVE
28.07.1996 - Bayern 1-2 JUVE
11.08.1997 - JUVE 1-0 Bayern
19.10.2004 - JUVE 1-0 Bayern
03.11.2004 - Bayern 0-1 JUVE
18.10.2005 - Bayern 2-1 JUVE
02.11.2005 - JUVE 2-1 Bayern
30.09.2009 - Bayern 0-0 JUVE
08.12.2009 - JUVE 1-4 Bayern

Previous matches against Bayern.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
What seem funny to me is that, not even one of those Gerry losers that give an interview (Muller the latest example), wastes the chance of mentioning that 4-1 victory of theirs against a pretty lame Juve of back then. :D
It's like they're all on a mission to inflict fear on us psychologically, by repeating and repeating that "We've crushed you the last time, don't you dare forgetting that", or give themselves a morale boost that they're way better than us. Except that all this while, deep down they're scared of this Juve. :D

On the other hand, this Juve and specially Conte, revels in the underdog role, :D so all this suits him just fine.

Mar 16, 2013
I think you guys are taking muller statement too serious, the press often misrepresents news, and this could easily one of those moments.
it's not like we are arrogants, we have faith in the team thats all.

although juve are the underdogs you guys are pretty confident on defeating bayern, that also could be seen as arrogant

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
I think you guys are taking muller statement too serious, the press often misrepresents news, and this could easily one of those moments.
it's not like we are arrogants, we have faith in the team thats all.

although juve are the underdogs you guys are pretty confident on defeating bayern, that also could be seen as arrogant
I didn't say it's just Muller, every one of your team's staffs, players etc. (maybe even the ball boys), from Hoeness and Rummenigge to Robben, Schweinsteiger, Neuer, etc. have mentioned that 4-1, why do you figure is that?

Mar 16, 2013
for confidence. is going to be a difficult test and if you have in your power something that could raise the spirit and team morale you should use it and thats what they are doing. maybe i'm wrong but thats the way i see it, also if it was juve who won 1-4 i'm sure juve players and staff would mention that game just like bayern are doing

nemnem

Jan 21, 2012
My formation against Bayern Munich.

- The Wall Vidal, Pogba, Marchisio will destroy the play of Kroos, Schweinsteiger and Müller and recover lots of Balls.
- Peluso over Asamoah to control Robben.
- Lichtsteiner is a good match with Ribery.
- The Line Bonucci, Pirlo and Pogba is making it hard for Bayern to control the Game of Juventus. (We wont risk single marking on Pirlo that mutch)
- Chiellini and Barzagli will take Gomez or Mandzukic out of the play.

I prefer Qualia over Matri but I think Conte will go for Vucinic.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
In regards to Muller's statement that they did well in recent games against us, it must be mentioned that he talks about one single game, and that's the last game we played vs Bayern, the ugly 1:4 defeat. We needed a draw on that match in order to qualify, but we lost it.
If you wanted a game to take some sort of inspiration from, Italy beating Germany in the summer is the most relevant.

Eight Bayern players (of which five will start against Juve) featured in that game, while six Juve players started for Italy.

Because of how quickly he is able to change direction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 156)