[Champions League] Bayern München vs JUVENTUS (April 2, 2013) (7 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No thank you, we shouldnt be that afraid of them, need all the help we can get upfront, and Vuci will barely move whatsoever to make room for himself in the box.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
If your going to do a 3-5-1-1
It should be anyone else but Vucinic and Gio as the 1.

Matri, Quagliarella either would suit that solo role. Especially Quagliarella

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Would be a move that would help Juve stop Bayern playing. Extra presence in midfield and make it easier for Juve's midfielders to move into wide areas without leaving Juve light in the middle of the pitch, so it could solve the issue of Juve having a problem with being out-numbered on the flanks.

However, it would have to be considered a very negative move.

Bayern's weakness, as has been well publicised, is there CBs. I'm not sure I'd be up for not playing two forwards and trying to expose that weakness of Bayern's.

Moving to a 3-5-1-1 would involve trying to beat Bayern by taking them on where their strength lies, rather than really looking to exploit a weakness.

Playing Vucinic as a lone striker would also remove any possibility of Juve being able to playing long and early over the top to try and take advantage of Van Buyten's lack of pace or just having a striker running behind the defence with a view to stretching the game out with a view to opeining up space for Juve's midfield to be able to play. Vucinic would continually offer short, and could lead to the game being very congested and Bayern being confident enough to really push their defence high up the pitch. That would increase the chances of Juve being pinned back and under serious pressure for extended periods.

It's a fine system if all you are doing is looking to try and get out of Munich with a 0-0 or a 1-0 loss.

If you are looking to make a serious effort to get an away goal, I wouldn't play 3-5-1-1.

Goodfella

Nov 11, 2012
Would be a move that would help Juve stop Bayern playing. Extra presence in midfield and make it easier for Juve's midfielders to move into wide areas without leaving Juve light in the middle of the pitch, so it could solve the issue of Juve having a problem with being out-numbered on the flanks.

However, it would have to be considered a very negative move.

Bayern's weakness, as has been well publicised, is there CBs. I'm not sure I'd be up for not playing two forwards and trying to expose that weakness of Bayern's.

Moving to a 3-5-1-1 would involve trying to beat Bayern by taking them on where their strength lies, rather than really looking to exploit a weakness.

Playing Vucinic as a lone striker would also remove any possibility of Juve being able to playing long and early over the top to try and take advantage of Van Buyten's lack of pace or just having a striker running behind the defence with a view to stretching the game out with a view to opeining up space for Juve's midfield to be able to play. Vucinic would continually offer short, and could lead to the game being very congested and Bayern being confident enough to really push their defence high up the pitch. That would increase the chances of Juve being pinned back and under serious pressure for extended periods.
You're right, Red.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)