[Champions League] Bayern München vs JUVENTUS (April 2, 2013) (69 Viewers)

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
Out of interest, is the French accent in Canada generally the same everywhere you go and if so, which part of France is it similar to?
There are very slight variants, and the difference between them definitely isn't as steep as in France. It's quite difficult to compare to France, because our accent really diverged over the time, it's definitely worse than English american/English. Otherwise, I'd say it's closer to the accent of the north of France, but still, it's a long way. I heard Swisses who had similar accent, but they were a few.

Acadian French stands out here as a different variant for example and it is a bit weird, at least for me.

Mar 16, 2013
I wonder if French people think they're accent is cool when they speak. It must sound ever so normal to them.
I think they do actually. I think they're very particular about their language. That what it seems like to me at least.

Personally, I never thought anyone think German is cool before I came to the US. But people always love talking German to me.

And then of course they do the Austrian Schwarzenegger accent. :sergio:

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
I had good grades, so I guess I did well.

I'm starting to forget about it though as I had my courses quite some time ago, it's a shame.
:frown2: you should try to go back to your courses, it's always good to learn antoher language and it's better if you like it :D

tbh I didn't liked french too much, mostly because of the teacher :lazy: but I'm going to give it another chance 'cause I don't want to waste three years :p

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
:frown2: you should try to go back to your courses, it's always good to learn antoher language and it's better if you like it :D

tbh I didn't liked french too much, mostly because of the teacher :lazy: but I'm going to give it another chance 'cause I don't want to waste three years :p
Did French for two years at school many years ago - hated it with a vengeance. Can remember next to nothing of it now.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
I only know one Argentinian personally. The accent sounds somewhat close to Italian if I remember it right. More like a melody.
Yeah :D that must be due to the big quantity of italians who emigrated to Argentina http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Argentine#Statistics

- - - Updated - - -

Did French for two years at school many years ago - hated it with a vengeance. Can remember next to nothing of it now.
I get you bro, it's hard :rab:

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
:lol: - I actually did well, got good marks - but simply didn't enjoy it.
I also got some good grades, at first year I got 90/100, second year 85/100, and on the third year everything went downfall :lol: 60/100. But tbh I didn't cared about anything at all in third year, I was just trying to enjoy my last highschool's year. :D

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010

There are many languages I'd like to learn more about, so I have to make a choice. Spanish, I like, but I prefer German. Maybe because it's a lot more different to French.

In an ideal world I'd be speaking German, Italian and Spanish, that would be my wish.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Yeah german is badass, even say butterfly in german sounds cool :D

I'd like to learn italian, and maybe another easy one as portuguese. Besides Spanish, English and french.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)