Champions League 2019/20 (79 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
@BayernFan

I have to disagree with you. I think your defense was top notch.

The fuck, where you actually watching the game? Especially first half, Bayern werent even trying to defend counters, their entire line was on half way line, just leaving insane amount of space. They pressed high sure, but still defenders were letting balls behind them easily, because their line was SO INSANELY HIGH UP.

The thing is this worked perfectly for their defence simply because of Barca's major flaws, first they playing with 4 DMs/CMs, litterally no movement, just ball watching. And Messi and Suarez not the type to be direct and run off ball behind D lines. Prefer build up/hold up game. Barca needed width and wing play to stretch out this high line, even as inept as they were, just having that type of playstyle would exposed Bayerns reckless high line way more.

A city or PSG blitz counter attacks can do damage if Bayern expose themselves willingly like this again. Their midfield play and attack was brilliant, but D was quite iffy, despite facing this lazy Barca.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Didn't see the game as they played the same time as us, but I read that Pep didn't go for possession against Madrid. He let them have the ball at times and countered. Also played Jesus on the left wing to mark Carvajals runs. Could try something similar against Bayern.
That's the weird thing - He CAN do it and does it from time to time, but it's not often the case for some reason.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
It's the decline of La Liga. Financial impact frpm COVID will make it very hard to adequately replace players. Juventus is in a slightly better position since it raised 400M euro from equity in December.
Madrid have themselves well covered though. I think all their investments on young players will bear fruit in a couple of years imo.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Madrid have themselves well covered though. I think all their investments on young players will bear fruit in a couple of years imo.
I'm a bit ambivalent on that. I don't think most of those youngsters can cut it at Real.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, for US users, CBS All access is streaming CL games and has a one month free trial.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Watch him win CL with them next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No Chance,

I mean I can't see them being astute enough to recruit a group of young dynamic players this summer. At this rate pjanic will be their biggest signing. with 12 months to go till the presidential elections, I can't see them buying big without selling. Similar to us who is going to buy and pay the big wages of the likes of rakitic, vidal, busquets? nobody even wants Dembele or Griezmann.

Bare in mind its a law that the out going president cannot leave the club in debt, otherwise it comes out of their own pocket, so spending 100 mill on potentially more flops with 12 months to go sounds further financial suicide.

Basically Barca need another Guardiola moment when he first took the job, coming in and telling players like deco and ronaldinho to fuck off. Frankly barca are so poorly run that won't happen any time soon.

Jun 16, 2020
At Sky they’re saying that Barcelona has the highest salaries in the world, they need a revolution etc (basically all the things you’d expect to hear after this defeat).

Who should we realistically try to buy from them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 78)