Champions League 2019/20 (31 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Klopp built a record breaking world class team thats having the best run in EPL history thus far in the season. Thats why the points gap is so huge its not because City is in free-fall or is crap.

City is still a very good team with a very bright future and every chance of winning titles this season and next. For the last 2 years, it was City that was considered unstoppable, breaking all kinds of records and to a great extent that is still true. He proved people wrong already when they said he wouldnt win the EPL and that his style will fail there. He is the only coach since Ferguson to win it back to back, and if he stays he will likely regain the title next season or at least it will be a much closer challenge.

The magic has not disappeared at all. He is in better standing now than he was when he left Bayern.
Competition is crap . Ffs Lester is almost second . The big teams have an apaling season. Chelski is still forth because the other 3 compete for the spot of who chockes the most.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
What’s all this praise on social media about Momblano??? I gave up listening to him a long time ago. Did he get a prediction right finally and everyone has gone all Christmas day on him?

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Pep has a BILLION pound team, he has every player that he wants for his system. Wait for the Madrid game and you'll see his shortcomings.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Klopp just jinxed us.

Klopp a The Guardian: "Juve favorita per la Champions League, ha la rosa migliore che abbia mai visto in tutta la mia vita"

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Yeah he also praised how we have a big quality squad. At first I thought he's delusional but when I realised he's got the likes of Henderson, Chamberlain, Gomes etc. I actually get where he's coming from. He's made nobodies into somebody. Other than resurrecting Dybala, Sarri done the opposite.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I think City will go through. Madrid will get taught a harsh lesson.

agg 6-2
I wouldn't be surprised if City won the CL. Not that I rate them but the competition is so open, the have nothing else to focus on and they are capable of beating anyone on their day. Sometimes these background issues galvanise a squad eg Italy in 2006.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Klopp just jinxed us.

Klopp a The Guardian: "Juve favorita per la Champions League, ha la rosa migliore che abbia mai visto in tutta la mia vita"

Klopp: 'Juventus Champions favourites'
By Football Italia staff
Klopp-1911-stunned-epa_0.jpg
EPA.png

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp insists Juventus are Champions League favourites. “They have the biggest squad I have ever seen in my life. Why are they not 10 points clear in Serie A?”
The Bianconeri are currently level at the top of the table with Inter, sitting one point in front of Lazio, while they will face Olympique Lyonnais in the Champions League Round of 16.
“Juventus were my favourites before the season started but obviously I don’t watch Italian football enough because I cannot work out why they are not 10 points ahead at the top of Serie A,” Klopp told The Guardian newspaper.
“They have the biggest squad I have ever seen in my life; quality players too, it’s crazy.
“The Bayern Munich squad is also massive, PSG are incredible when they are all fit, you can never discount Barcelona and let’s not forget Manchester City because the Champions League will be one of their big targets.
“I have no clue how far we can go, but there’s no need to think about it yet because at the moment all we need to concentrate on is Atletico on Tuesday.”
Liverpool won their sixth Champions League last season and are running away with the Premier League title, so can they make it back-to-back European triumphs?
“I have no clue if we can win the Champions League again, but we should be ready to go for it,” continued Klopp.
“What I know and what we showed last year is that we can beat the best. It doesn’t mean we will, it just means we can, and that is the only thing I have to know.
“There are so many strong teams out there you have to ready for the fight, then it’s about luck in certain moments to win anything.
“In the end the quality within a squad is not always the biggest difference; it’s more about who can find the right mood, show the most desire, be decisive in the right moment. And luck. To win anything you will need that for sure.”
Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £11.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/

Sure, we may have a big squad, but not many of those players are game changers, that's the difference. Liverpool has Salah, Firmino, Mane, TAA, and even Henderson can get goals and assists. All we have right now is Ronaldo and Dybala.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I think Klopp is right. We should be almost unbeatable in Serie A with the squad we have. We have a great collection of players, for whatever reason that collection simply doesn't quite perform to its ability.
The squad has a lot of individual quality but is still very unbalanced (no wide or central attacking mids, poor fullbacks etc) and a mediocre coach who isn't able to make sense of these limitations / won't experiment with a 3 man defense that might suit the squad better.

Basically a coach that needs a squad built for him is coaching a squad that isn't built for him and he isnt good enough to work it out. I just pray the board sees this and takes steps to correct in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)