Champions League 2019/20 (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Is there a confirmation for the superleague plan?

As for this year`s chances - It could be an all win or a huge bust - We are yet to know how good we are under the new system so even with Pogba and MDL I just cannot give a prediction..

Buy on AliExpress.com

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Is there a confirmation for the superleague plan?

As for this year`s chances - It could be an all win or a huge bust - We are yet to know how good we are under the new system so even with Pogba and MDL I just cannot give a prediction..
Wait, what???? As far as I get still is a work in progress and what does that have to do with our new system???

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Wait, what???? As far as I get still is a work in progress and what does that have to do with our new system???
I said that about this year`s chances in the CL - Even if we get great players its tough to say how good we will be since we will now play very different than what we used to therefore its tough to predict...
Potentially yeah we should definitely be one of the favorites
Actually - We`ll know how good we are only after watching us play..

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
I said that about this year`s chances in the CL - Even if we get great players its tough to say how good we will be since we will now play very different than what we used to therefore its tough to predict...
Potentially yeah we should definitely be one of the favorites
Actually - We`ll know how good we are only after watching us play..
I don't like to troll but that last sentence is screaming for that

We have CR7 so we have to be one of the favorite and if we finally get De Ligt, of course we would be top 3-4 in almost any poll

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I don't like to troll but that last sentence is screaming for that

We have CR7 so we have to be one of the favorite and if we finally get De Ligt, of course we would be top 3-4 in almost any poll
Potentially - Sure but there are other variances in this equation..

Who has the best team - We are definitely there with Barca and Real will be there too after this summer
The thing is what we expect could be very different than what reality will show

Is Sarri a great choice for us?! Maybe and maybe not...
What if our team dont perform well under Sarri`s tactics and methods?! You cant know that..

Allegri has been here for 5 seasons so you knew what to expect with him but Sarri is new here so its much harder to assess..

JuvXOXO

May 25, 2019
How would you all rank the favorites? Atm, I would probably say

1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Barca
4-5: Juve/Real (depends on remaining transfers)
6: PSG
7. Bayern

If Barca get Neymar, I'd move them to #1 and drop PSG to 7. I have City and Liverpool as the top two and I definitely think they're still the strongest sides, but them having the toughest domestic challenge could also cost them with injuries and fatigue.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I'd put Barca, Real, Juve, Pool and City as teams likely to win it, Bayern, PSG, Atletico as teams who have a shot and the rest as outsiders. Ranking the first 5 is not easy, probably Pool are the favorites and Juve with newcomer Sarri are 4 or 5, but I'd say it's pretty close as all 5 have impressive squads with a good balance and overall quality, any of them knocking another out wouldn't be a big surprise.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
How would you all rank the favorites? Atm, I would probably say

1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Barca
4-5: Juve/Real (depends on remaining transfers)
6: PSG
7. Bayern

If Barca get Neymar, I'd move them to #1 and drop PSG to 7. I have City and Liverpool as the top two and I definitely think they're still the strongest sides, but them having the toughest domestic challenge could also cost them with injuries and fatigue.
oh look, the bluemoon troll.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Well..... No one would have predicted Ajax and Tottenham getting to the semi final and final respectively.

I think City can go further this year. As for us? Not sure. My biggest worry is that sarriball also had going weaknesses. You only have to look at how Gardiola figured out how to exploit it.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Well..... No one would have predicted Ajax and Tottenham getting to the semi final and final respectively.

I think City can go further this year. As for us? Not sure. My biggest worry is that sarriball also had going weaknesses. You only have to look at how Gardiola figured out how to exploit it.
But at the same time, you only need to look at how top teams figured out how to exploit Guardiola.

JuvXOXO

May 25, 2019

I think City will prioritize the Cl a bit more this season at the expense of the two domestic cups, which will probably help them a lot. I can't still get my head around why Pep started KDB in the FA Cup against Brighton and then left him out of that first leg against Tottenham.

- - - Updated - - -

But at the same time, you only need to look at how top teams figured out how to exploit Guardiola.
City's record against the other top six in England over the past two seasons is 16 wins, 1 draw, and 3 losses. They've had two off nights in the Cl against Tottenham and Liverpool, but they clearly haven't figured out how to exploit Pep or they wouldn't be getting beaten by him consistently in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)