Champions League 2019/20 (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Ronaldo arrived at United in 2003, won CL in 2008, arrived at Real 2009, won CL in 2014.

CL 2022/23 here we come, first player to win Ballon d'Or at the age of 38.. :D

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We need WC signings (De Ligt or Pogba) if we really want to win this
We actually need both, or a least a WC defender and a WC midfielder. Instead of wasting time chasing douchecunts like Icunti, we should be focusing on the midfield and defense, while selling deadwood and over the hill players (maybe one star player too, but no more than that).

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
UEFA Champions League qualification change

Perhaps it makes sense, but i don't want to see Manure in CL ever again. This could help them well.
Yes.

The intent is probably to help teams like Ajax who might not need to sell as many of their best players if they could qualify for the Champions League by virtue of a deep run the year before. As it stands they have to go through qualifying, and no responsible club will manage their finances on the 'off chance' of making it through to group stage.

But it will inadvertently help teams like Utd or Roma etc. Clubs that finish outside of the top 4, but had a previously easy route into CL quarter finals.

Will make little or no difference to Juve, Bayern etc.

Benefits rich clubs with bad teams, and poorer clubs with good teams. And not much inbetween.

Would be fairer if they made these changes to apply only to the countries that didn't already have guaranteed group stage places. But since when were UEFA about fairness?

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
Yes.

The intent is probably to help teams like Ajax who might not need to sell as many of their best players if they could qualify for the Champions League by virtue of a deep run the year before. As it stands they have to go through qualifying, and no responsible club will manage their finances on the 'off chance' of making it through to group stage.

But it will inadvertently help teams like Utd or Roma etc. Clubs that finish outside of the top 4, but had a previously easy route into CL quarter finals.

Will make little or no difference to Juve, Bayern etc.

Benefits rich clubs with bad teams, and poorer clubs with good teams. And not much inbetween.

Would be fairer if they made these changes to apply only to the countries that didn't already have guaranteed group stage places. But since when were UEFA about fairness?
Eh, i definitely agree with you and i think it would be a smart if they approve this. That was just my hate towards United. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)