Champions League 2019/20 (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I think it was a moderate to though draw.
Being paired with one of the best teams from pot 2 and 3 + an exhausting trip to Moscow, isn't easy.
Having said that I expect to go through without any drama. You can't aspire to be the best if you don't beat the best
Did we ever had Man city's luck? Those guys get scrubs on a yearly basis. It's nice to see them go out at the first though hurdle every year.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Ronn

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
  • Thread Starter #482
    Sep 18
    Atletico Madrid v Juventus
    Bayer Leverkusen v Lokomotiv Moscow
    Oct 1
    Juventus v Bayer Leverkusen
    Lokomotiv Moscow v Atletico Madrid
    Oct 22
    Juventus v Lokomotiv Moscow
    Atletico Madrid v Bayer Leverkusen
    Nov 6
    Lokomotiv Moscow v Juventus
    Bayer Leverkusen v Atletico Madrid
    Nov 26
    Lokomotiv Moscow v Bayer Leverkusen
    Juventus v Atletico Madrid
    Dec 11
    Atletico Madrid v Lokomotiv Moscow
    Bayer Leverkusen v Juventus

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
    18/9 - 21.00 Atletico Juve

1/10 - 21.00 Juve Leverkusen

22/10 - 21.00 Juve Lokomotiv

6/11 - 18.55 Lokomotiv Juve

26/11 - 21.00 Juve Atletico

11/12 - 21.00 Juve Leverkusen

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
    If you want to insult someone's thoughts by calling them "dumb" then you should at least represent their actual words. I don't think you need to be in a journalistic public debate to exhibit this amount of basic respect to a person.

I think the draw is bad because instead of Leverkusen, I would rather have Brugge, Olympiacos, Zagreb, Salzburg, even Valencia probably. Instead of Atletico, I would rather have Shakhtar, Benfica, Ajax, Dortmund, and probably Spurs. Maybe also Real. Yes I think it's a bad draw relative to our other options.

Is it tricky? Not really, we're still th in basically every match except Atletico away. There are no excuses if we don't qualify.
    If you want to insult someone's thoughts by calling them "dumb" then you should at least represent their actual words. I don't think you need to be in a journalistic public debate to exhibit this amount of basic respect to a person.

I think the draw is bad because instead of Leverkusen, I would rather have Brugge, Olympiacos, Zagreb, Salzburg, even Valencia probably. Instead of Atletico, I would rather have Shakhtar, Benfica, Ajax, Dortmund, and probably Spurs. Maybe also Real. Yes I think it's a bad draw relative to our other options.

Is it tricky? Not really, we're still the favourites in basically every match except Atletico away. There are no excuses if we don't qualify.
    Stop yourself. Where did I insult your thougts and where did I call them dumb? Stop assuming what I think and read what I write.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    Don’t like our draw at all tbh.

Atletico was probably the toughest team from pot 2, we always struggle against German teams and we have a trip to Russia to contend with. Pretty tricky tbh. Can see us finishing 2nd in this one.
    Stop setting your expectations so high. The ambition is killing us.

I feel 3rd is the best we can hope for. 3 away losses. Atletico draws us in Turin. And we go into Europa with 7 pts. :tuttosport:

Mar 3, 2014
    I'm not worried at all. I think we're freaking out about Leverkusen way too much. Atletico got a lot weaker from last year.

I jumped onto a betting site: this is what the bookies think...
    1) I took an average of odds to win the whole tournament, and our group is middle of the pack in terms of competitiveness/equal level of teams @ 4/8 meaning that the teams aren't even nor very lopsided. Obviously a group like G (Zenit's group) comes off as very competitive so this isn't valuable alone. But overall, our group is middle of the pack in terms of competition.
    2) Bottom 2 strength - our group is also ranked 4/8 in terms of the strength of the bottom 2, meaning that the two other teams in the group aren't particularly strong or weak relative to other groups according to the bookies.
    3) Based on odds to win the group: Juventus is ranked fifth of all teams at 52%.
    3) If you divide the teams into quartiles ranked by their percentage odds, group D (Juventus') has two teams that are essentially top quartile (Juve ranked 5/32, Atletico 8/32), and a team that is mid-3rd quartile (4/8), and then Lokomotiv which is the 2nd worst team in terms of odds in the tournament at (31/32).

This is not a tough group. It's a tougher group to WIN. Juventus is ranked 5th out of 8 of all the group leaders in likelihood to win their group. But in terms of qualification for knockouts Leverkusen & Lokomotiv are not to be feared. If they don't qualify Sarri should probably be replaced...

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
    Over-analysing all this.

Unless something crazy happens all the Pot 1 & 2 teams are going through.

Perhaps with the exception of Zenit, who are shit, but Pot 1 for political reasons.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
    Who's the guy on Nedved's right lol. Summed up my rxn.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not worried at all. I think we're freaking out about Leverkusen way too much. Atletico got a lot weaker from last year.

I jumped onto a betting site: this is what the bookies think...
    1) I took an average of odds to win the whole tournament, and our group is middle of the pack in terms of competitiveness/equal level of teams @ 4/8 meaning that the teams aren't even nor very lopsided. Obviously a group like G (Zenit's group) comes off as very competitive so this isn't valuable alone. But overall, our group is middle of the pack in terms of competition.
    2) Bottom 2 strength - our group is also ranked 4/8 in terms of the strength of the bottom 2, meaning that the two other teams in the group aren't particularly strong or weak relative to other groups according to the bookies.
    3) Based on odds to win the group: Juventus is ranked fifth of all teams at 52%.
    3) If you divide the teams into quartiles ranked by their percentage odds, group D (Juventus') has two teams that are essentially top quartile (Juve ranked 5/32, Atletico 8/32), and a team that is mid-3rd quartile (4/8), and then Lokomotiv which is the 2nd worst team in terms of odds in the tournament at (31/32).

This is not a tough group. It's a tougher group to WIN. Juventus is ranked 5th out of 8 of all the group leaders in likelihood to win their group. But in terms of qualification for knockouts Leverkusen & Lokomotiv are not to be feared. If they don't qualify Sarri should probably be replaced...
    Are people freaking out thinking we won't advance or that we won't finish first, which means better odds in knockouts?

No comment on former. As for latter, finishing first IS important and often makes a diff. It's not just about advancing (we're past that).

Not ideal draw, but we're favorites. Freaking out about chances of topping group only makes sense if we don't get a point in first game.

- - - Updated - - -

Leverkusen finished mid-table last season, and Havertz is the only name that sticks out. Or is there more to them?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)