Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Why do we not have the collective play of a team who play a certain style since they are children? I've no idea.

Ajax have come together with a strong group and some special individuals at the right time, it happens and credit to them. We simply don't have any time for this kind of long term project.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
No one says he's not important but he's not the sole reason their midfield play is quality.

Take Messi for example yesterday. There's only so much a man can do when the collective play is crap.
Different position. The midfield player like DeJong, iniesta ,pirlo etc create the movement hence why pirlo was called the metronome. They make those players so much better than they are because they make the flow of the ball and those players work. A forward like Messi needs that player to make his play better not the other way around. The pass will always be there even if the player on the other end is not.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Why do we not have the collective play of a team who play a certain style since they are children? I've no idea.

Ajax have come together with a strong group and some special individuals at the right time, it happens and credit to them. We simply don't have any time for this kind of long term project.
Not all of their players are from their academy

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

Tuz: "So let's hire Ten Hag"

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Is that equivalent to the CL semis? Doesn't it surprise you they made it this far? It sure wasn't expected
It sure does. But taking a team of teenagers to EL final is a massive accomplishment, and tells me that this squad is something special. Can't say the same thing about the coach with absolute certainty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)