Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Tacchinardi-Ferrara: 'Shame on Ajax!'

Ciro Ferrara and Alessio Tacchinardi won the 1996 Champions League with Juventus and said Ajax team manager David Endt “ought to be ashamed” for accusing them of doping.

Endt worked in Amsterdam from 1993-2013 and said their upcoming quarter-final was an opportunity for revenge.

“At the time in Rome, we played against a Juventus side who later turned out to be perhaps a bit doped, no-one knows the truth…” he told Radio Kiss Kiss.

A couple of the Juventus players who won that Final in 1996 have responded via SportMediaset.

“I listened to these statements from the oh so famous David Endt and can only say he ought to be ashamed of himself. Shame on you!” replied Tacchinardi.

“That team worked hard from the first day of pre-season training to bring the Champions League back to Turin and we achieved that dream.

“If anything, I hope his words act as further motivation for our players to eliminate Ajax yet again. Shame!”

Former teammate Ferrara joked that Endt was doing the same thing as Ajax in 1996.

“I’d like to point out that Endt helped us a great deal in that victory. A few days before the final, the Coach Louis van Gaal was asked who would win the Champions League and replied: ‘I don’t know, but that trophy is coming back on our plane.’

“Well, as the man responsible for team communications, Endt should know that statement made us pretty fired up.”

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Marc Overmars, who missed the 1996 final with injury, suggested that there was still frustration at losing to a team suspected of cheating. “The funny thing is, we won the final in 1995, then we played the final in 1996 against Juventus, when Juventus was not totally…,” Overmars said, not finishing his sentence. Asked what he meant, Overmars said Juventus had been “using some things”.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5,629
    Tacchinardi-Ferrara: 'Shame on Ajax!'

Ciro Ferrara and Alessio Tacchinardi won the 1996 Champions League with Juventus and said Ajax team manager David Endt “ought to be ashamed” for accusing them of doping.

Endt worked in Amsterdam from 1993-2013 and said their upcoming quarter-final was an opportunity for revenge.

“At the time in Rome, we played against a Juventus side who later turned out to be perhaps a bit doped, no-one knows the truth…” he told Radio Kiss Kiss.

A couple of the Juventus players who won that Final in 1996 have responded via SportMediaset.

“I listened to these statements from the oh so famous David Endt and can only say he ought to be ashamed of himself. Shame on you!” replied Tacchinardi.

“That team worked hard from the first day of pre-season training to bring the Champions League back to Turin and we achieved that dream.

“If anything, I hope his words act as further motivation for our players to eliminate Ajax yet again. Shame!”

Former teammate Ferrara joked that Endt was doing the same thing as Ajax in 1996.

“I’d like to point out that Endt helped us a great deal in that victory. A few days before the final, the Coach Louis van Gaal was asked who would win the Champions League and replied: ‘I don’t know, but that trophy is coming back on our plane.’

“Well, as the man responsible for team communications, Endt should know that statement made us pretty fired up.”
    I could post articles on Holland foot in the 70s and doping...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)