Status
Not open for further replies.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Let's not go overboard here.

Modric is like Pirlo, he only gets recognition once he's past his prime. Modric was a much better player in 2014-2016 than he is nowadays.
Honestly, I don't see the hype over Modric. He had one goal and 6 assists in La Liga, 1 goal and 1 assist in the CL.
Here's a comparison matrix between Modric and Pjanic last season.
Pjanic is better in every single stat. I know stats don't mean everything, but in which aspect is Modric superior to him?
http://www2.squawka.com/comparison-...won/total_score/attack_score/defence_score#90

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Imo?

Did you see the matrix I linked?
Pjanic scored more goals, had more assists, made more key passes, completed more passes, made more forward passes, had more tackles, interceptions and won more aerial duels. The only parameter where Modric is better is blocks per 90 minutes.
No i didn't, but i will, if you in return watch a game every now and then to judge with your own eyes. I like Mire a lot, but to seriously argue he's better or on par with Modric? What?

How good was Pirlo if you reduce him to some whoscored stats only? That thinking is exactly why i like the award going to a mid like him, and not to striker A or B with the most goals/assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)