Champions League 04/05 (1 Viewer)

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
I now it's just finished, but here are the teams already in the Group stages for next year:-

Porto
Fenerbahce
Valencia
Barcelona
AC Milan
Roma
Arsenal
Chelsea
Werder Bremen
Bayern Munich
Lyon
Paris St. Germain
Panathinaikos
Olympiakos
Ajax
Celtic

Draw Thursday August 26

Matchday One September 14/15

Some big guns missing this year...but they'll get there I'm sure

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Damn... for the first time in many years you don't see Juve in that list. Hope we make it through the qualifiers...

Nice to see Barcelona though, isn't it?

I will also be supporting Bayern and Celtic.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
Both our bogey team Manchester United and Deportivo will be in the qualifying round.. not to mention also Real Madrid..... lets hope were not drawn against any of them soo early in the season...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
Both our bogey team Manchester United and Deportivo will be in the qualifying round.. not to mention also Real Madrid..... lets hope were not drawn against any of them soo early in the season...
Can that happen though? I thought there were seedings in the qualifying rounds

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
I read that too. I doubt he'd be interested - though Spurs would be an interesting challenge for a player of his talents. They've a load of gifted strikers, but the midfield is in pieces (only Davies deserves his place) and the back-line is a shambles. They've finally sorted out their goalkeeping problems, but the addition of Davids would really make next year interesting for them. I'd be tempted if I were in his shoes, but I suspect he'll have no interest in a club without European football.

OP
Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
    I read that too. I doubt he'd be interested - though Spurs would be an interesting challenge for a player of his talents. They've a load of gifted strikers, but the midfield is in pieces (only Davies deserves his place) and the back-line is a shambles. They've finally sorted out their goalkeeping problems, but the addition of Davids would really make next year interesting for them. I'd be tempted if I were in his shoes, but I suspect he'll have no interest in a club without European football.

Would he be interested in a club without a manger in place too:eek:

I find it strange that Spurs are making so many team decisions without anyone at the helm...

If they already have their man, then, since the season is over, why isn't he being displayed to the fans?

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    That's a good question. Robinson may have been brought in without consultation - he's England's best young keeper, and a minimal risk. Besides, he was available on the cheap with Leeds going down, and he represents a minimal financial risk. Davids is a big, big name, and any new manager is unlikely to reject his signing.

As for why they haven't revealed a manager - the likelyhood is that one of two things have happened:
    • Their first choice has backed out on them at the last minute.
    • They have a national coach lined up, who is involved in Euro 2004. This seems likely as they've been linked to Trap.

OP
    Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #14

[*]They have a national coach lined up, who is involved in Euro 2004. This seems likely as they've been linked to Trap.
    [/list]

...and Advocaat has been mentioned too...I hope this isn't correct though; you would think that they would learn from his days at Rangers; even with all the money in the world, at the end of the day, he was still only the second best team in Glasgow, never mind Europe (couldn't resist that little dig at the little general; sorry to the Dutch here)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++
    ...and Advocaat has been mentioned too...I hope this isn't correct though
    :dazed: Oh no. Don't let it be him. He's one of the least competant managers I've ever seen. :( I'm not even a Spurs fan, and it'd annoy me immensely.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    I don't recall ever seeing the top sides meeting eachother in the qualifiers. Unless someone can correct me on that, I suspect UEFA wouldn't let it happen - big sides going out early is bad for TV ratings. :rolleyes: Which probably says more about some of the morons who watch football than anything else.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++
    ...and Advocaat has been mentioned too...I hope this isn't correct though; you would think that they would learn from his days at Rangers; even with all the money in the world, at the end of the day, he was still only the second best team in Glasgow, never mind Europe (couldn't resist that little dig at the little general; sorry to the Dutch here)
    :dazed: Oh no. Don't let it be him. He's one of the least competant managers I've ever seen. :( I'm not even a Spurs fan, and it'd annoy me immensely.
    You're not the only ones with that attitude - we have an entire nation over here clinging on to the fact that Willem van Hanegem is his assistant, at least HE knows his stuff.

I hope the guy quits after Euro2004 (or be forced to anyway) so we can get a proper NT coach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)